PDA

View Full Version : Do you plan on buying...

Xtopia
05-20-2002, 10:05 PM
Do you guys plan on buying Battlefeild 1942? I do. I think this game may be better than Halo!

RadRider
05-20-2002, 11:48 PM
I saw a video for it just recently. The gameplay looks promising, and the game seems like it could have depth. However, it looks as if it's very early in the design process with textures that lack detail, very simple animations, and very simple effects. If I see a more polished product, then possibly. So far no war game has impressed me as much as Conflict: Dessert Storm (I think it's that one anyway.)

Xtopia
05-20-2002, 11:57 PM
Well, what I like about Battlefeild 1942 is the fact that you can do whatever you want. It is like a RPG FPS. You can fly, drive a tank, work on a tank, or act as a regular foot-solgeir

X-Ray
05-20-2002, 11:57 PM
I just want fast action (online play). Although I heard that EA-the dirty ratbastards-won't make online games for x-box. I hope this isn't true but I think it mgith it be.*

*This is only a rumor I heard somewhere I cannot confirm or deny the validity of this rumor.

RadRider
05-21-2002, 12:27 AM
Yeah, I think the whole thing about that is that EA said they have no official plans for Xbox online yet. That's all that I've read so far anyway.
That probably means they won't make any online games for Xbox, but it's not necessarily the same thing. The reason of course being because they want to charge users for using EA's own online service, as opposed to Microsoft getting paid for a unified service. "rat bastards" is right, assuming they don't support Xbox online.

Xtopia
05-21-2002, 12:21 PM
EA is NOT making Battlefield 1942! It is only publishing it! And I believe that the rumor is this: They will not make any SPORT games for XBox Live! They don't wont to compete with Sega and MS in the sports games.

RadRider
05-21-2002, 08:39 PM
EA technically doesn't make any game. But, because they publish games, they have full control over the development process (especially since EA rules with an iron grip - don't take this for fact :D), and so, they can make any game being developed by anyone they have contracts with; not be compatible with Xbox Online.

hiter101
05-23-2002, 09:20 PM
I really dont think any game will be better then Halo except Halo 2 :rolleyes:

SpartanSniper
06-07-2002, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by hiter101
I really dont think any game will be better then Halo except Halo 2 :rolleyes:

I agree:D , but I do think Battlefield 1942 will be AWESOME.:cool:

~ SpartanSniper