PDA

View Full Version : Which controller will you use?

Dan Livingston
10-09-2001, 12:38 AM
Everybody's been debating about the xbox controller. well, it's not the only choice. here's some discriptions:

Standard - Duh. no explenation needed

Xwing - by pelecan, like the standard controller, but mostly "atomic" (transparent) green

Advanced control pad pro - Made by mad catz, this is also like your base xbox controller, but has rubber grips and feels more durable.

PowerPad - by interact, rounder controllers, same button locations, but in blue and atomic green.

Upad - by thrustmaster. this is by far the tightest looking controller ever. it eliminates the center, giving it a U look. the analog sticks are atomic green. I don't think it can take a memory card, though.

Vortex controller - By gamester. looks like a typical third party controller, exept the face of the controller is stainless steel. in a photo it looks like it lights up, but that could just be the photo.

sinizuh
10-09-2001, 01:08 AM
standard... cause i'm not going to waste money on extra controllers.

ThomasHun
10-09-2001, 09:31 AM
you have to hook your friends up. I think i am going to get 4 totally different controllers. A standard, a vortex, maybe the upad thing who knows

Marc
10-09-2001, 11:39 PM
I'm gonna stick with the standard, that way all is even and fair when you play four player games...

Dan Livingston
10-10-2001, 07:51 PM
Great point marc. you just changed my mind

SeTH
10-10-2001, 08:01 PM
I am for the Standard Microsoft controller because I have noticed with other brands that the controllers look like they were developed when they were doing hardcore drugs or something!!;)

Slash2002
10-10-2001, 08:15 PM
controller, why u need a controller, i got magical powers, that'll allow me to play the xbox without having to use a controller!
(sorry, just bored and wanna get my 20 post so I can get a picture!)

Dan Livingston
10-10-2001, 10:02 PM
Magic Powers.......Well, just don't get electrocuted

mljones99
10-10-2001, 11:41 PM
just a pair of standard controllers for me. I have felt the standard ones and they are comfortable so I'll stick with them

l Maximus l
10-11-2001, 12:44 PM
Personally, I will stick to the standard controller. There's nothing worse than using a different controller, then going to your buddy's house and end up using a controller that you are not used to...then watching your buddy kick the living crap out of you on a game like DOA3. No thanks!

-Maximus