PDA

View Full Version : Officially Confirmed: Ninja Gaiden eXclusive to Xbox!!!

Ninja Scroll
05-21-2002, 09:04 AM
I think I just wet my Ninja Turtle boxers!:o

This is one of the free agent franchises we Xbox owners have won!
I call this a victory in all means of the word. It was a battle I felt we would win being as the Tecmo big wigs were very pleased with DOA3's performance with the Xbox's power and sales it pushed, reaching da infamous platinum statis.
Here's a link to da spots news breaker.

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2866624,00.html
btw, it's on our homepage tooellas! XBA4Life

**too bad Ninja Gaiden could'nt see Ninja Scroll in a fight to da finish! :D

OppiumNitrates
05-21-2002, 09:07 AM
thats Fukin' awsome one of my fave games for NES and in arcade . . . . cant wait to see this bad Larry in action on the box

MOrgE
05-21-2002, 09:12 AM
HAHAHAHA.... yet another reason for the XBOX to dominate....

Ninja Gaiden used to have a huge following back in the day... just imagine how much people will buy the system just for the game... especially since its an XBOX exclusive...

i for one, can't wait to play it...
:cool:

Spaztic
05-21-2002, 09:26 AM
I am definatly hyped up about this game...I remember the countless hours of playing this game on nes, and was praying for the game to be remade for the xbox! This game is made by the same team that made doa3, so expect some great visuals. This game is now on my must have list! I am going to be broke when the string of good games start comming out. Check this video out. It actually has some in game footage, looks great! Check out the boss they show at the end of the movie:eek: .....god this game has me spastic.

video link (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/media/0,11100,561532,00.html)

anthrax0r
05-21-2002, 09:48 AM
I wonder if this is the needed boost for the Japanese Xbox sales?

dougi3000
05-21-2002, 09:52 AM
i wonder if it will have some ultra violent blood and gore when he slices people up with his katana and other various weapons, and gibbings and everything. With guts using bumpmapped realtime lighting for that fresh shiny wet guts looks. :)

that would be WAY cool, and it can ONLY be done on xbox.

Marc
05-21-2002, 10:30 AM
I played this game on NES and kicked it's ass. If we are going to bash the lamecube for rehashing old stuff like Mario and Zelda, we shouldn't be so thrilled about this game. Maybe it will be great, but it is still just an old game redone. If I remember correctly, the storyline was excellent in the original. What's next, Tecmo Bowl in 3D? Maybe I'm wrong. I certainly appreciate the fact that this will be an exclusive, but will it really be that big a seller? Will it be a killer app or system seller? We desperately need a FEW of those to be available online to boost the sales of the xbox. I'm reserving judgement on this one, but I'll take you guys word for it since you're all so excited about it. I've not known most of you to be blatantly wrong in the past, so I'll wait and see.

Ninja Scroll
05-21-2002, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by bryanhls

video link (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/media/0,11100,561532,00.html)

OMG!!!:eek: Thanks for da video link bryanhls!
everyone has got to peep it out! It's amazing, even on 56k.
Though it's kinda hard, it still gets it's point across.
A must see video!:cool:
I hope that's Ryu returning and not some new punk beeeootch!:D

Ninja Scroll
05-21-2002, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by anthrax0r

Well DOA3 was a boost for the launch as it lead the pack and was developed by Tecmo whome has a loyal following in Japan.

I say anything developed by the Japanese is a boost for the Xbox in da land of da rising sun!:)

Marc
05-21-2002, 10:43 AM
I watched the trailer, so I'm mildly impressed. It looks like games SHOULD look on the xbox.

JJaX
05-21-2002, 10:53 AM
That game looks great. But i hope team ninja learned something about game play After DOA3....

CoMATOSE
05-21-2002, 11:05 AM
hahahahahHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHOOOHHOHHOHHHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!............PS2 gets shinobi!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

DZNUTZ
05-21-2002, 12:36 PM
SAD, SAD NEWS
Malastein - Tuesday, May 21, 2002
For all of those hoping to see one of the original NES's biggest games on GameCube, get ready for some bad news. At E3 today, Microsoft announced that the next Ninja Gaiden would be exclusive to the Xbox. Tomonobu Itagaki, head of Tecmo's Team Ninja, gave a short introduction on the game. The game will be played in third-person perspective.

This news comes as a surprise because earlier news reported on a poll Tecmo conducted showed around a 2/3 majority of games wanting the next Ninja Gaiden to be on GameCube. I previously contacted their PR guy, now former, to ask whether this poll would be weighed into the decision of where the game will go. Unfortunately despite his reassurance that it would, the poll had no affect on Tecmo's platform decision. I have contacted the new PR, but have not received word back yet.

http://www.gamecubexl.com/new/dailynews/fullnews.cgi?newsid1021973836,71446,

personally i'm glad its on xbox (DUH) cuz that means its gonna be as good as it could possibily be, temco oviously realized this.

Xtopia
05-21-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by anthrax0r

I bet it will definetely boost sales in Japan!:cool:

X-Ray
05-21-2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Xtopia

I bet it will definetely boost sales in Japan!:cool:

...and in the United States. I think that this will also forge a relationship between Microsoft and Tecmo & Team Ninja that will increase the likelihood of DOA4 being an X-Box exclusive--now that should boost some sales in Japan! Speaking of words that look like "boosts"...

Ninja Scroll
05-21-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by X-Ray

...and in the United States. I think that this will also forge a relationship between Microsoft and Tecmo & Team Ninja that will increase the likelihood of DOA4 being an X-Box exclusive--now that should boost some sales in Japan! Speaking of words that look like "boosts"...

Makes sense to me X Ray, and you know everyone is gonna buy this game cause they think IM IN IT! :o
Oh well, a sale is a sale!:D

CoMATOSE
05-21-2002, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

Makes sense to me X Ray, and you know everyone is gonna buy this game cause they think IM IN IT! :o
Oh well, a sale is a sale!:D

lol.........today is a good day;)

DIGITAL
05-21-2002, 02:04 PM
how can you guys post in this thread an not have a link for the trailer,well heres a http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?channel_id=73&article_id=360202&adtag=network%3Dign%26site%3Dxboxviewer%26pagetype%3Darticle&page_title=E3+2002%3A+Ninja+Gaiden+Trailer%21

Ninja Scroll
05-21-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by DIGITAL
how can you guys post in this thread an not have a link for the trailer,well heres a http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?channel_id=73&article_id=360202&adtag=network%3Dign%26site%3Dxboxviewer%26pagetype%3Darticle&page_title=E3+2002%3A+Ninja+Gaiden+Trailer%21

We already have a few links,... try reading page one jerky!:rolleyes:

:D

Ninja Gaiden on Xbox will own all,.... except for Ninja Scroll dat is!;)

DIGITAL
05-21-2002, 02:35 PM
sorry but im on a boycott against gamespot,so thats why i didnt check those links!

Eliteocr X
05-21-2002, 04:18 PM
yes I already knew it was coming to the box. I'm so happy we got it, I can't wait until it comes out.

Nerrad529
05-21-2002, 04:30 PM
Ninja gaiden better be a gorefest:p