PDA

View Full Version : Full Throttle 2

Knight
05-21-2002, 04:41 PM
Full Throttle 2! 3:50 PM - Jeff "Gimpy" Tom - Games: Adventure - (23)
LucasArts has announced Full Throttle 2 officially, the sequel to the classic adventure game. No other real information is disclosed but here's the full pr:

SAN RAFAEL, Calif. -- May 21, 2002 -- Full Throttle, one of the most loved classic adventures from LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC, returns in a long awaited action packed sequel for next generation consoles and PC in 2003. The follow up to the award winning game from 1995 will once again feature one of LucasArts' most popular and enduring characters, the swaggering outlaw biker Ben, leader of a renegade motorcycle gang called the Polecats. The free wheeling action-adventure will offer a humorous original story, furious bare knuckle fighting, and the thrill of high speed biking.

"Full Throttle is one of LucasArts' greatest and most beloved original games," says Simon Jeffery, president of LucasArts. "We can't think of a better brand or character to lead LucasArts' charge into a new era of original game development. Ben so perfectly symbolizes our legacy and yet has just the right mix of attitude and edge to appeal to a new generation of game players." Acclaimed Classic Adventure Roars Back to Action on Next Generation Consoles and PC in 2003.

Full Throttle is one of LucasArts' greatest and most beloved original games," says Simon Jeffery, president of LucasArts. "We can't think of a better brand or character to lead LucasArts' charge into a new era of original game development. Ben so perfectly symbolizes our legacy and yet has just the right mix of attitude and edge to appeal to a new generation of game players."

http://www.voodooextreme.com/

Hugh_Jass
05-21-2002, 11:34 PM
This is great news! I'm excited to see an old school graphic RPG on the XBOX. If it does well maybe we'll see Sierra get back into the Space Quest biz.

RadRider
05-21-2002, 11:44 PM
I remember they showed a concept image of an unkown lucasarts game at teamxbox a while ago. Everyone assumed it was Star Wars, but that image just looked too much like something from Full Throttle. Well guess what?

The funny thing is I never actually played Full Throttle before. Well, nows my chance! Booya!

WynnFire
05-21-2002, 11:50 PM
Ah ha ha.. Alright, Full Throttle brings back some good memories. I remember first installing Dark Forces on my PC and I found demos on the disk that sounded interesting. I watched a video for Sam and Max and installed the demo for Full Throttle and loved it.

I was never able to find the full version anywhere though. I would love to find it now and play it. I can't wait for the sequel and I will buy it when it comes out.

THANK YOU LucasArts!

Halo of Flies
05-22-2002, 02:41 AM
Whoo hoo!!! Full Throttle was ace! :D
Let's have more RPGs without boring elves and stuff...

Piccolo_DBz
05-22-2002, 02:50 AM
Speaking of Lucasart games: Where the hell is Sam n Max?

Hugh_Jass
05-22-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by WynnFire

I was never able to find the full version anywhere though. I would love to find it now and play it. I can't wait for the sequel and I will buy it when it comes out.

I think I have a copy laying around. I will sell it to you for...ONE HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS! Moo ha ha ha ha!

RadRider
05-22-2002, 11:52 AM
No kidding. I hope infinite machine can make a decent game this time. Although I never played it, Fighting Legends (was that what it was called?) was very unimpressive graphically, storywise and from what I read, gameplay wise as well. I just hope that they can bring their crap together for Sam and Max. God only knows they were treated badly on TV (an excellent show, but apparently everyone hated it because it was taken off the air after about two seasons), so please make a good game, in the heir of the original!