PDA

View Full Version : How's Hunter: The Reckoning? Got mine today...

VAN
05-21-2002, 07:14 PM
...and it is awesome!

Been playing for just over an hour (by myself) and am having a hell of a time completing level 3. Grrr.

Graphics are fantastic, controls are intuitive, and the music really sets the mood. I'm pretty sure the environments look nice also, the only problem is that you cant take your eyes off of the 20+ zombies that are creeping in on you long enough to really get a look at your surroundings. :)

I'll post a full review after 10 hours of play, so keep an eye open.

If you like blood...this game is for you. There is more blood in this game than I've ever seen before in a console title. I've only found a few weapons so far, but for themost part they all are great. (didnt really care for the pistol)

I'm gonna get back to playing.....

If I had to review this game right now...4outta 5 stars. Lets hope it remains this good throughout the various levels in the game. :)

DrUnKtAnK
05-21-2002, 08:19 PM
Sounds killer man...Let us know more soon.

I am headin down to Greenville for the weekend, my inlaws live in Taylors, SC. You know where that is Van?

VAN
05-21-2002, 10:48 PM
haha I work in Taylors. Its a 5 minute drive from me (in Greer)

l Maximus l
05-22-2002, 12:23 AM
Sweet news, VAN! I can't wait to get my beer frosted palms on this game!! :D

Marc
05-22-2002, 12:43 AM
******! I KNEW I should've gone by gamestop on the way home...hopefully I'll get it tomorrow, but I'm still playing Spiderman...oh well...so many games, so little time.

Knight
05-22-2002, 01:36 AM
Why hasn't my Gamestop gottin it in yet and your store got it??

VAN
05-22-2002, 01:52 AM
Ok, Ive played Hunter for maybe 6 hours total, and I think I'm about halfway through the game.

Does the game still kick ass?

Yes!

Those who have compared this game to "gauntlet", are really making a poor comparison. Sure, this game allows 4 player simultaneous play--but thats the only similairty.

While the basis of the game is "hack'n slash" everything in sight, it is much more than that.

Levels are mission-based.

There is switch-throwing.

There is key-finding.

There is "innocent" rescuing".

There are boss battles. (hint: dont f*ck with a possessed teddy bear)

To use the modern-day lingo of todays teens--this game OWNS!

A note of caution. Hunter: The Reckoning is a thumb-buster. While some folks may think they are skilled players and will try to form some kind of strategy with which to dispatch the undead that come at you from everywhere, the game quickly becomes a button-mashing hack fest.

This is not a bad thing, however.

Strategy does come in to play at times, just not very often.

I have discovered several of what I believe to be "secret areas", and have had numerous weapons in my possession. The weapons just keep getting better. But they have to, because the enemies keep getting better.

I've now racked up somewhere in the neighborhood of 2,000 kills, and each kill feels better than the last.

Watching a creeps head take a bounce or 2 on the ground after I have lopped it off with my sword is pure bliss.

Gone are the days of the "flicker and fade-out" way of getting corpses off of your screen. Kill a zombie, rabid sewer rat, hellhound, or other creature, and they turn to dust and drift aweay in the wind. Very cool effect.

My thumbs are aching, guys, but it's the kind of ache that signifies a truly great game--and Hunter is that.

I'm halfway through the game, and already looking forward to going back through the game with the other characters, taking more time to kill all creatures, and searching out more hidden areas.

This game already has replay value, and I've yet to finish it the first time.

Cut scenes are well done, though I would have liked to see a bit more effort put into the animation.

One gripe I have is with swordplay. When launching an attack with an edged weapon, your character seems to do combos at the worst possible time. On occasion, I'll swipe my sword at a zombie, only to misswith an "accidental combo". Now I am forced to wait for the combo to completely play through before I can re-attack.

Hint: If you hear scorching guitar music fade in....get ready for a fight. Music such as this generally signifies the beginning of a huge 30 vs 1 battle...and these battles are a blast.

I predict this game will be the next million-seller, and after more people get their hands on it, you can rest assured that it will debut and remain in the XBA top 5 for a long time.

BUY THIS GAME. You won't be disappointed.

Brevity
05-22-2002, 03:40 AM
Where did you get it from ? I called all over here and no one got it yesterday. Oh well maybe today.

Spaztic
05-22-2002, 09:23 AM
so from what is sounds like is once you have beat this game you will want to play it again with another character! I knew this game was going to be sweet. I was a little disappointed when it wasn't in my mail yesterday. I should definatly have it today!

XboxGirl
05-22-2002, 11:27 AM
It's supose to be realeased today at Gamestop.com. Lucky there is a gamestop in my mall right here less than 10 minutes away. But I have to wait till tomorrow to get this game, GROWLLLLL!!! I am not patient.... I want I want I want...:confused:

Spaztic
05-22-2002, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by XboxGirl
It's supose to be realeased today at Gamestop.com. Lucky there is a gamestop in my mall right here less than 10 minutes away. But I have to wait till tomorrow to get this game, GROWLLLLL!!! I am not patient.... I want I want I want...:confused:

I know exactly how you feel!

Snoopy7548
05-22-2002, 02:16 PM
i heard that the game was too short. i might buy it though. do u think theres alot of replay value? i think there probly is. is there only a single-player game mode (of course theres a 4 player mode), or is there like different modes?:)

VAN
05-22-2002, 03:24 PM
Yes it has replay value. As I already mentioned, I am looking forward to going back through the game with the other 3 characters to follow their stories and see how their weapons work out.

The game also features 2 locked game mades. "Nightmare Mode", and one other that I cannot remember. I'll take a look once I get home.

Vitamin D
05-22-2002, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by XboxGirl
But I have to wait till tomorrow to get this game, GROWLLLLL!!! I am not patient.... I want I want I want...:confused:

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. The supposedly got released today, but every freakin' store I call says tomorrow. Curses!

:mad:

Tkf5000
05-22-2002, 04:11 PM
I heard somewhere that the movement controls are like a FPS. Is this true? Someone said this but i dont remeber who it was.

VAN
05-22-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Tkf5000
I heard somewhere that the movement controls are like a FPS. Is this true? Someone said this but i dont remeber who it was.

I wouldnt call it an "FPS-Style" control scheme.

You'll use both thumbsticks and both triggers to control your Hunter.

Left thumbstick controls your direction of movement, while the right thumbstick controls your aim, so it's quite simple (and usually necessary) to run in the opposite direction that youre shooting in.

Left trigger is used for jumping, right trigger is used to attack. You can also perform rolls, and diving attacks.

The d-pad is used to zoom the camera in and out.

The "jelly bean" buttons are used to cycle through your weapon inventory and "Edges" (basically magic spells), and to open doors/gates etc.

Great controls.

Unreal
05-22-2002, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the heads up Justin. I have to wait till tomorrow or friday to get my game though.

MACK ATTACK
05-22-2002, 06:50 PM
Must Have. Must Have Game. Must Have Game NOW! I get mine tomorrow. Man i can't wait. Thanks for the info and reviews guys.

Tkf5000
05-22-2002, 07:25 PM
So if you where running forward and u hit the r-thumbstick left and hit R you would run forward and shoot/attack to the left?

VAN
05-22-2002, 09:21 PM
So if you where running forward and u hit the r-thumbstick left and hit R you would run forward and shoot/attack to the left?

Yes. You have free control of where you are aiming no matter which direction you are moving in.

l Maximus l
05-23-2002, 12:37 AM
*Max rubs hands viciously while bouncing his legs up and down while sitting in chair and only toes are touching the floor*

*Foams at mouth slurping up the extra residue*

I'm so pumped up to get this game tomorrow!!! :D

OEM Alien
05-23-2002, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
i heard that the game was too short. i might buy it though. do u think theres alot of replay value? i think there probly is. is there only a single-player game mode (of course theres a 4 player mode), or is there like different modes?:) same here. this is why i'm going to wait before i buy this game. i'll get a used copy for 29.99 or less and won't get pi$$ed off when i play it for one day, have beaten it, and wish i had my 50.00 back in my pocket. sounds killer though! (no pun intended)

Tkf5000
05-23-2002, 06:50 AM
I gotta wait to june 3rd for my birthday to get it cuz I just wasted all my money on a bunch of GBA games!!!!!

Spaztic
05-23-2002, 09:48 AM
Don't be alarmed with the new name....Bryanhls here!
Ok here is my review on this game....I have only played the game for 6 hours, so my final impression is not complete. Well Van just about covered all the aspects of the game....I want to tell you what I didn't like. Very minor issues, yet still annoying.

1. I am using the avenger and when I am surrounded by zombies and try to change my direction in the middle of a combo my dude just freezes until I let go of the direction pad (this dosn't happen all the time!)
2. the Intro movie is not the best of quality.
3. some stages such as the graveyard really lack textures, seem kinda plain. But it is made up for on other levels, that have so much detail it will make your head spin!
4. minimal polygon clipping.
5. some crappy camera angles, especially if you missed something and have to run back though the level!

This game is "gauntlet done right"! Very fun, bloody, and raises my adrenline.....this game is hard to put down. I agree with Van in the replay value. I will definatly play this game with all the other characters. Overall I give this game a 4.5\5 it is now my second favorite game! This is a must have, that most people will enjoy!.....If you liked gauntlet you will love this game. It is not a scarry as thought, but hunter has got a couple jumps out of me......I had my 5.1 on and lost the little girl that was following me and......well you all will find out! I almost wet myself!

great game, can't wait to play more!

VAN
05-23-2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Shaggy

1. I am using the avenger and when I am surrounded by zombies and try to change my direction in the middle of a combo my dude just freezes until I let go of the direction pad (this dosn't happen all the time!)

I'm playing as the Defender, and I havent encountered that problem. Maybe it's a character-specific glitch.

3. some stages such as the graveyard really lack textures, seem kinda plain.
I gotta disagree with you on that one. I thought the Graveyard was gorgeous. (if you like graveyards, anyways). The fog, trees, cobblestone paths, crypts, iron gates, etc. all looked great to me.

5. some crappy camera angles, especially if you missed something and have to run back though the level!
Yes. An auto-centering camera woulda have been appreciated. I didnt like the fact that when backtracking, I couldn't see where I was going.

hunter has got a couple jumps out of me......I had my 5.1 on and lost the little girl that was following me and......well you all will find out! I almost wet myself!

Awww. Did she see a blue spectre? heh heh (Scared the p*ss outta me the first time as well.)

What level are ya on, Shaggy? I only got about 2 more hours in last night, but I think I'll beat the game tonight. I'm close....I think.

Spaztic
05-23-2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by VAN-XBA

I'm playing as the Defender, and I havent encountered that problem. Maybe it's a character-specific glitch.
[/b]
I gotta disagree with you on that one. I thought the Graveyard was gorgeous. (if you like graveyards, anyways). The fog, trees, cobblestone paths, crypts, iron gates, etc. all looked great to me.
[/b]
Yes. An auto-centering camera woulda have been appreciated. I didnt like the fact that when backtracking, I couldn't see where I was going.
[/b]

Awww. Did she see a blue spectre? heh heh (Scared the p*ss outta me the first time as well.)

What level are ya on, Shaggy? I only got about 2 more hours in last night, but I think I'll beat the game tonight. I'm close....I think. [/B]

I just wanted to clear up that the graveyard level is well done, the fog effect is awsome....it looks so real! I was talking more about the grass texture, it looks kinda plain and non-realistic but the rest of the level graves, gates, path is great....there honestly is not much to complain about, this is no big deal at all...

I just got past the basketball court last night! I am going into the execution persons (forgot his name) mansion now! This game is really hard to put down. I started at 7 and looked up and WTF it was now 1:30....

Yeah I saw the blue spectre...a few times, but the first one really got me! They didn't have to make the girl so damn slow, but I guess it is realistic!

Highlite23
05-23-2002, 11:11 AM
I'm getting this today and i can't wait for my kids to go to bed. Sounds like an adrenaline blast!!:eek:

krispykeith
05-23-2002, 11:22 AM
Not that very many people played it, but if anyone has I would be curious to know how this compares to canon spike on dreamcast. I am assuming you explore levels where that one was more stationary where enemies kept coming....but the control scheme sounds pretty similar.

These reviews sound great, one or two more and I am heading out to gamestop.

Thanks!

Duke
05-23-2002, 11:29 AM
fine, I'll order it right now. I've been convinced. What was the site that offered the free DVD with it? Is the offer over?

VAN
05-23-2002, 11:52 AM
As far as I know, the free Night of the Living Dead DVD offer was only good for pre-orders.

I ordered mine directly rom Interplay, and received it on Tuesday.

From what I've read on this forum, as well as other forums, I seem to be one of the rare lucky ones who got the game that early. :)

More thoughts on the game (I'm at work, so I'm going from memory)

As I mentioned before, game hints and tips are shown during the load screens (which are quite fast).

The 2 most notable hints so far are as follows:

"There is a secret button combination to unlock hidden weapons"

"There is a secret button combination to make your Hunter invincible"

Sounds cool! We have confirmation of at least 2 cheats, and I am sure more exist. Surely they included an infinite ammo cheat, and it's been confirmed by the developers that there are unlockable character costumes...so lots to look forward to.

I'm hoping to finish the game tonight, but I don't know how much free time I'll have. It would be nice to not only be one of the first to play the game, but to also be one of the first to beat it.

The game manual only shows 2 types of enemies, so they were good about not spoiling anything. I wont spoil anything either, but I can assure you that there is a huge variety of undead things to kill in this game, so you're not always hacking at the same old zombies.

I have stumbled upon several game glitches which are quite minor (characters walking through sofas, getting stuck in walls, etc) and so far only one MAJOR glitch which I am going to address with the developers as soon as possible. I call it a "major" glitch simply because it required a level re-start in order to continue. Frustrating, since I had accomplished quite a bit up to that point.

My thumbs are still sore, and I can't stop thinking about the game. It is easily the best game released since Halo.

I noticed something about the game packaging which surprised me. There is no "Only on Xbox" label, which leads me to believe that they will port this over to the PS2 or GCN down the road. Oh well. As long as we got it first. :)

I'll now leave you with my Hunter tip-o-the-day (doesnt spoil anything):

When you encounter a zombie who is armed with a flamethrower, switch to a ranged weapon (pistol, machine gun, etc) and aim for the fuel tank that is strapped to his back. heh heh BOOM! Zombie go bye-bye.

l Maximus l
05-23-2002, 12:05 PM
VAN and Shaggy...thanks to both of you for providing your great feedback!

By the way, I called my local EB and they are getting it in at 11:00am today and I asked them to hold one for me. I'll pick it up around 7:00pm!! Oh man, this is going to be a long day!! :D

Spaztic
05-23-2002, 12:43 PM
When you encounter a zombie who is armed with a flamethrower, switch to a ranged weapon (pistol, machine gun, etc) and aim for the fuel tank that is strapped to his back. heh heh BOOM! Zombie go bye-bye.

or you can get your axe, sword, whatever, and kill the zombie w/o hitting the tank to get the flamethrower! much more fun then blowing them up! But if you hit the tank with your weapon....

I noticed that the game developers were very generous with giving extra lives. I have yet to use a continue and have 8 lives, it might just be that I am good at these types of games, I don't know. I have been exploring the levels very well, making sure I haven't missed anything! I think the developers wanted to make this game challanging at points, but then easy enough for the most gaming challanged person to complete....I can't get my mind off playing this game some more!

Hey Van How far were you after 6 hrs. did you make it to the basketball court? I am just trying to judge where I am at on the game!

Tkf5000
05-23-2002, 03:11 PM
we have games without only on xbox symbols(i.e. wreckless). i doubt it will be ported to ps2 or gc. if it is the game will probly be degraded.

VAN
05-23-2002, 03:46 PM
we have games without only on xbox symbols(i.e. wreckless). i doubt it will be ported to ps2 or gc. if it is the game will probly be degraded.

You just helped my point. Wreckless does not have an "Only on Xbox" label because it is currently being ported to the PS2.

I imagine PS2 will be getting H:TR soon as well.

Tkf5000
05-23-2002, 03:48 PM
o yea i remeber reading that and it will have more levels and vehicles (one thing i no it wont have is the graphix)

Spaztic
05-23-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by VAN-XBA

You just helped my point. Wreckless does not have an "Only on Xbox" label because it is currently being ported to the PS2.

I imagine PS2 will be getting H:TR soon as well.

honestly I don't care if ps2 owners get the xboxs ports once we had them for awile! After seeing the game on ps2, I will love my xbox that much more!

Veno
05-23-2002, 06:13 PM
Shaggy, Van, are there other difficulties besides normal in Hunter? Is it Diablo II style where afer you beat it on normal you go to Nightmare Difficulty and then Hell Difficulty or can you choose the difficulty as soon as you get it or what?

Tkf5000
05-23-2002, 06:17 PM
I think its like diablo cuz there is a unlockable nightmare mode. i dont think there is a hell mode though.

VAN
05-23-2002, 07:04 PM
There are no difficulty settings. The game is quite easy though, so I am hoping that Nightmare Mode offers a bit more of a challenge.

Also, from what I hear, the difficulty is increased depending upon how many Hunters are playing. Have 4? Then there are more deadies to kill.

Tkf5000
05-23-2002, 07:06 PM
no not more deadies the deadies are stronger and have more health.

Snoopy7548
05-23-2002, 07:08 PM
it would be sweet if u could put your own music in the game. imagine killing the zombies while listening to the backstreet boys! the music will make u sooo mad, you'll do better in the game, lol:D

Tkf5000
05-23-2002, 07:11 PM
it would be sweet if u could put your own music in the game. imagine killing the zombies while listening to the backstreet boys! the music will make u sooo mad, you'll do better in the game, lol:D
no actually youd go crazy cuz the music is so bad and start throwing stuff (at least I would)

Snoopy7548
05-23-2002, 07:14 PM
lol, id probly break my xbox, i would want to end its suffering, lol:D

Veno
05-23-2002, 10:21 PM
Van, how does the level system work? Let's say you just beat the game, is it like in halo where you can just go back to any level and play through it? Or do you have to start all over?

l Maximus l
05-24-2002, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by Veno
Van, how does the level system work? Let's say you just beat the game, is it like in halo where you can just go back to any level and play through it? Or do you have to start all over?

I just got the game today...you can save each level you pass, however, it's not like Halo in that way...you simply have to create a seperate save. You'll see what I mean if you end up getting it!

All I know is that this is a bad ass game! Like someone said earlier (I think it was VAN), Hunter is Gauntlet done right! It's definately a hack and slash type game...I've been playing single player on it for a while now and I'm at the Basketball court level. The visuals are mind blowing on my HDTV and component cables! Oh man!! Everything is stunning...the detail of the ground, the trees, the enemies (several different kind so far), and the Hunters are great!

This is one extremely addicting game...I truly only had time tonight to sit down and play it for about an hour and a half...next thing I find myself 3 1/2 hours later!! :D This game is really fun...I can only imagine how bad ass this would be with four players all at once!! :eek:

Hey VAN and Shaggy...what was your reaction to the Evil Giant Teddy Bear? BWAHAHAHAHHAA! I just about lost it and had a flashback when I was a kid when I saw the movie "IT" by Stephen King! It looks so innocent, but, when you look at it, it's freaky as hell! Also, did you notice that the game said: "*****"? lol...I about died! :D

VAN
05-24-2002, 02:52 AM
Hope you enjoyed the final "easy" boss battle". The next one will p*ss you off!

I got another 2 hours in today...was further from the end than I thought, but I am now near the end. Seems to be at least a 15 hour game single player.

Love it!

Highlite23
05-24-2002, 08:26 AM
WOW!!! Can't say anything that hasn't already been said...This game is awsome!!

Not as far in as Van,Shaggy, and Max...ufortunatlly i lost Kylie just as i got to the church, i wish i could pick her up or something. LOL. Just to give you an idea of how well this game is done, Van, Shaggy ,Max, let me know if you agree...You actually have a litttle girl who is just that, a little girl, she walks slowlly, kind of hunched over like sahe's scared, runs a little to slow, you can picture the fear in her face... i don't know if you get my point. But they could of just had a generic charecter following you and they didn't. Lots of attention to detail.

It was late so i didn't want to restart, thats tonights adventure!!!

I know the majority of us rank Halo as a MUST HAVE, and yet some people dissagree, I know some of you will dissagree again...THIS IS A MUST HAVE!!!

Van, Shaggy, Max...How cool would this games sequel be on XBOX LIVE !!! I get goosebumps just thinking about it.
:eek:

l Maximus l
05-24-2002, 10:48 AM
I can only imagine this game on-line! But, even if it isn't, it's still a bad ass and a must have game! I get the jitters and the thought of playing it again tonight! I'm going to a Halo LAN party with 16 dudes tonight...this will be my first System Link game with that many people...I brought Hunter, too, to show it off :D (It's currently in my car and I'm going there after work!)

Spaztic
05-24-2002, 11:36 AM
Hey VAN and Shaggy...what was your reaction to the Evil Giant Teddy Bear? BWAHAHAHAHHAA! I just about lost it and had a flashback when I was a kid when I saw the movie "IT" by Stephen King! It looks so innocent, but, when you look at it, it's freaky as hell! Also, did you notice that the game said: "*****"? lol...I about died!

THe evil teddy bear killed me like 3 times, so I restarted and tried agian once I figured out how to kill him! I didn't die once. When I was watching the movies of this boss before I got the game, I was like " God a teddy bear, this is kinda stupid" but when I saw him for the first time I was like "wow that was kinda cool"! Very cool. I am also at the basketball court, I didn't get any further last night because I started over with my Girl! Max did you ever loose the little girl and then find her getting attacked by the blue spectres? Scared the **** out of me the first time it happened!

Oh, I highly reccomend having 5.1 sound on this game. You can tell which direction the zombies are comming! Very cool effects and they use the center speaker very well! This game is so cool, can't wait to get back to playing!

devilworship666
05-31-2002, 05:49 PM
Hunter the reckoning is the best game out now! well that and halo but they are both F**CKING awesome!! hunter is so fun. i dont think i will ever get bored of that game. i beat it twice already and im still playing with all the characters. im playing with the martyer and she is better than i thought. Retribution is her best magic! it reflects damage and she cant get hit for a certain amount of time! oh and by the way....... can someone please tell me where the power glyph is? i cant find it.

Snoopy7548
05-31-2002, 05:52 PM
i just got hunter today, its so cool. at first, it was a little hard to aim, but now im getting better at it. the only thing i dont like are the camera angles, its so annoying, cause most of the time, i cant see whats ahead of me. but other than that, the game is awesome. i started it with the judge, and after i beat the game with him, ill probly go through it with the other 3 characters:D

rottingflesheat
05-31-2002, 05:54 PM
hunter is one of the best games since halo! it rocks!

nothing better then beheading zombies and killing things:D

PlatinmArgonate
05-31-2002, 10:41 PM
I love this game Hunter, I rented it first and got past the Teddy. Then i bought it shortly after. The 50 bucks was well worth this game. The Multiplayer is fun and it can be challanging as hell. If you put friendly fire on then it will make u wanna snap ur xbox. But anyways. I am now at the part where the Basketball court is. I picked the Avenger which i kinda regret now because he is so damn slow. The zombies almost catch u lol. :D The sound is very good. When the girl screamed i didn't expect it and i think i prolly jumped about 10 feet in the air. The graphics look really good, The characters look so real and the bosses look sweet.

Go out and buy this if you like these kinds of games. It is a good addition to anyones collection of games.

Snoopy7548
06-01-2002, 01:35 PM
yea, this game is so awesome. i just got to the playground level today, and oh man, at one point, there was a shi*tload of zombies. i thought i was gonna die, but then i pulled out my machine gun and wrecked house. lol, the boss is pretty hard, i havent beaten him yet though. the only thing i dont like is the save points, its like u have to finish a level to save, but i sometimes dont play for that long, or i just get bored. also, i like never use the right thumbstick to aim or strafe, its just not really necessary, i think i aim better with just using the left thumbstick:D

faceoff508
06-01-2002, 02:39 PM
, i like never use the right thumbstick to aim or strafe, its just not really necessary, i think i aim better with just using the left thumbstick:D

Same here!! I never use it! Its because its auto aim, so for me its not needed!

Snoopy7548
06-01-2002, 06:45 PM
yea, i think that i do worse if i try to use the right thumbstick, lol. and i can never get used to strafing, i always mess up or something with it, and its not really needed. if theres alot of zombies, i just like shoot some, then when im reloading, i run around in a circle in front of them, then do that over and over, and i like never lose any health:D

Don Dittorio
06-02-2002, 07:59 PM
I don't think this game has much long term playability. I've purchased it but plan on returning it after I've finished it. The best thing about this game is the multiplayer, with 4 dudes it rocks. Another thing is that you can't zoom out when there's more than 1 player which kinda sucks. There, that's my five cents...take it or leave it.

zfBRAT
06-04-2002, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn
fine, I'll order it right now. I've been convinced. What was the site that offered the free DVD with it? Is the offer over? I bought my copy of Hunter today (June 03) at Fred Meyer, and they handed me the dvd Night of the Living Dead. Mine was no pre-order :)

xboxwiz
06-06-2002, 06:28 PM
:cool: Hoping Nightmare mode will as rewarding as normal mode.
Beat Hunter with all characters and had a BLAST slaughtering all those oogly zombies. They all got what they deserved.... :cool:

zfBRAT
06-07-2002, 02:50 AM
I let the little girl die :(