PDA

View Full Version : Sam Goody's disgusting promotion

Master Gracey
05-21-2002, 11:56 PM
I was in the mall today with my sister when we passed a Sam Goody. There were two gigantic ads in the window. One was for Xbox and the other for PS2, both hyping the new prices. Sam Goody has a sale going on:

Buy an Xbox, get a free DVD or CD.

Buy a PS2, get a free DVD, CD or PS2 game.

Has Sam Goody chosen their allegiance, or has Sony just made another payoff the way they did with Rockstar?

DIGITAL
05-22-2002, 12:14 AM
i actually bought my xbox from sam goody ,it was the only stoe i could get a preorder on the xbox back in october,an they called me on 11/15 nice an early to let me know my xbox was in,allso buying the xbox there made me a member of there replay club an i got a coupon a couple of months later for a free game so i got raw which sucked but the sam goody by me has a bigger xbox section then a ps2 section! not games but display

X-Ray
05-22-2002, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Master Gracey
I was in the mall today with my sister when we passed a Sam Goody. There were two gigantic ads in the window. One was for Xbox and the other for PS2, both hyping the new prices. Sam Goody has a sale going on:

Buy an Xbox, get a free DVD or CD.

Buy a PS2, get a free DVD, CD or PS2 game.

Has Sam Goody chosen their allegiance, or has Sony just made another payoff the way they did with Rockstar?

How much freedom does Sam Goody give to its franchises?

I don't know, maybe it was a mistake, maybe for your free game, you have a choice between the PS2's worst launch titles...or worst titles.:confused:

Hickboy
05-22-2002, 12:28 AM
I'm almost willing to bet that the only ones you can pick from are the ones that are old and around the same price as a CD or DVD. In which case all Xboxes games are new so they cannot do that :)

spliffdUP
05-22-2002, 01:16 AM
It's probably only PS2 greatest hits games you can choose from.

Highlite23
05-22-2002, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Hickboy
I'm almost willing to bet that the only ones you can pick from are the ones that are old and around the same price as a CD or DVD. In which case all Xboxes games are new so they cannot do that :)

You took the words right out of my mouth...

A PS2 game that was released over a year ago probably.

Master Gracey
05-22-2002, 08:37 AM
PS2 already has a greatest hits line? Didn't know that...

I'll bet you guys are right. Those things you said never even crossed my mind. :D

DZNUTZ
05-22-2002, 10:49 AM
yea ps2's greatest hits line consists of ..gt3, twisted metal black, and some other mediocre games.