PDA

View Full Version : soul calibur 2 exclusive to ps2???

CoMATOSE
05-22-2002, 07:11 AM
This is direct from gamers.com.......

At its press conference earlier today, Sony Computer Entertainment of America announced a list of titles that will appear on the PlayStation 2 exclusively first, and among them was Soul Calibur 2 from Namco. This came as a surprise as Namco previously announced that the title would land on all platforms simultaneously--not to mention that Sony had the title listed for 2002, when Namco previously stated intentions to release the game in 2003 (in the U.S. at least). Nontheless, according to Sony, Soul Calibur 2 will release on the PS2 first in the states. Nintendo, interestingly, disagrees. Nintendo of America executive vice president of sales and marketing, Peter MacDougall stated that "the last time we checked, Soul Calibur 2 would still launch for all platforms simultaneously," and that "a few Namco executives are in attendance today should you be interested in questioning them further." So either Sony has just recently nabbed the game without Nintendo knowing, or Namco hasn't quite revealed its intentions clearly. Soul Calibur 2 is still on schedule to launch for the GameCube (in Japan) before the end of 2002. Either way, we'll find out the full story shortly.

well if this is true, its a strong blow to me at least.......... on the brightside it would seem to also be p***ing nintendo off too!!!:D

JJaX
05-22-2002, 07:27 AM
Im tired of Sony and there dirty fuking tactics. I wish Sony would bankrupt.........

Fuking Punks

Ninja Scroll
05-22-2002, 08:37 AM
Until I hear Namco make an official announcement I will not leason to anyone elses rumors.
Bottom Line!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL CALIBUR

DA SOUL WILL NEVER DIE! :cool:

RudedogX
05-22-2002, 08:43 AM
If this ***** is true, then MICROSOFT, sit up and take freakin' notice! This is what you used to do best, buy competitors out of the market place. If Sony is going to do this, it is only right that Microsoft start doing the same! Come on Gates, you know you've got the freakin' money!

Sorry, just had to rant:D

anthrax0r
05-22-2002, 08:51 AM
Well we did take ninja gaiden away from under their nose ;D

RadRider
05-22-2002, 08:54 AM
Bah! Who cares? It seems that the best Sony can do is exclusivity deals that stretch for a limited time. Then the Xbox owners get a ton of enhancements anyway. Just think of the delay as the time needed to implement the new features.

By the way, why doesn't every game look better on Xbox to the degree that Wreckless does. (did you see the screenshots of it on PS2?)

Spaztic
05-22-2002, 09:49 AM
soul calibur 2 on ps2...yeah maybe first then they will revamp it and give the xbox the best version! I can wait! It just better come out!

Dre
05-22-2002, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by RadRider
Bah! Who cares? It seems that the best Sony can do is exclusivity deals that stretch for a limited time. Then the Xbox owners get a ton of enhancements anyway. Just think of the delay as the time needed to implement the new features.

By the way, why doesn't every game look better on Xbox to the degree that Wreckless does. (did you see the screenshots of it on PS2?)

I think its because the wreckless engine was written with xbox in mind so to downgrade is easy. Whereas a ps2 port probably takes a much more substantial effort to "upgrade" the visuals because the engine was written for the ps2. That doesn't mean it can't be done, it just means more time on the developers part.

CoMATOSE
05-22-2002, 02:13 PM
if it isn't exclusive to ps2 (god i hope not).....there gonna look like right arses arn't they?:p :p :p

DIGITAL
05-22-2002, 02:19 PM
thats bull o sht ,first off the acarde game is gonna be running on xbox hardware ,so how could it be released on ps2 first,wouldnt micrsoft be ****ed ,an not let them release the acarde version on there hardware,an this games supposed to be the first of many coin arcade games to run on xbox hardware,which means when we get the game its gonna look just like the arcade version

Kortiz
05-22-2002, 04:09 PM
i heard that GC was to get Soul Calibur 2 and it would port to Xbox and PS2

if this thing you speak of sony having exclusive rights to SC2 then is not true then i think a lot of people will look at sony and laugh their arses off because they cant stay true to their word.

propoganda,

FUNNY is all i can say because i know Xbox is getting sc2, Namco would be ignorant not to.

l Maximus l
05-22-2002, 04:12 PM
It's already a fact that Nintendo and Microsoft will both get Soul Caliber II. Sony is just ruffling up their perverbial feathers. It's not true.

OEM Alien
05-22-2002, 09:54 PM
fock! if this is true i'm gonna be FRUCKING PIZZED OFF!
soul calibur 2 was one of the very reasons i bought xbox!
if they keep this b.s. up then i think it's time to assasinate a sony executive for their crimes against xbox. ;)

OEM Alien
05-22-2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by anthrax0r
Well we did take ninja gaiden away from under their nose ;D oh man that game looks to be MAJOR KICK ARSE!!! that NINJA GAIDEN video was awesome! big ol dragon/demon thing and all! wowzer! :eek: :D

GRAVEDIGGER
05-22-2002, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by OEM Alien
oh man that game looks to be MAJOR KICK ARSE!!! that NINJA GAIDEN video was awesome! big ol dragon/demon thing and all! wowzer! :eek: :D

Oh yea, Ninja Gaiden will rain supreme. I still have my copy of the original game.

Untill next time...:mad:

DZNUTZ
05-23-2002, 04:14 PM
it seems as tho my comrade Maximus hit the nail on the head with his statement......i just found this over at a GC site

E3 2002: SOUL CALIBUR 2 STILL HEADED FOR 'CUBE
Sandman - Wednesday, May 22, 2002
Recently at a press conference, Sony stated that Soul Calibur 2 was going to be a PS2 exclusive. Apparently, they're wrong. According to Nintendo's vice president, Satoru Iwata, as far as they know, its still headed for the GameCube.

"There are several Namco employees in the audience you can talk to about that," he stated. For anyone who thought that they had their hopes shattered by PS2 no longer needs to worry, for you will see Soul Calibur 2 on the GameCube.

so if nintendo has its brubby lil hands in namco's pockets...u sho in the hell know our pal billy gates does as well!!

Kortiz
05-23-2002, 09:28 PM
WHAT ABOUT XBOX

GOD DAMN IT!!!!!

XBOX XBOX XBOX, GIMME SC2 on XBOX

somebody stop me from crying

Knight
05-23-2002, 09:42 PM
New Soul Calibur 2 Details
Thursday, May 23, 13:40 | Talon |
Most fighting game fans can agree that one of the most highly anticipated fighters coming out for next generation consoles is Soul Calibur 2. In Namco’s continuing quest to hype up the game as much as possible before release in arcades this summer and Xbox, PlayStation 2 and GameCube in January, they’ve launched another page dedicated to Soul Calibur 2. The page does more than just hype up the game though; the page also announced that in addition to Arcade mode, Soul Calibur 2 will feature other basic modes such as Time Attack, Survival and Training.
Training mode has been changed in Soul Calibur 2 is far different than the original. The Soul Calibur 2 page lists that time limits can be set on matches in training and more customization for opponents is available. The page also has lists detailing how to perform basic attacks and a few character profiles. The page is in Japanese but if interested, click here to check it out.

http://www.planetxbox.com/

http://www.namco.co.jp/home/aa/am/vg/soulcalibur2/special/index.html

In other words Sony are Liers!!