PDA

View Full Version : MGS2 Substance or GTA3?

Ninja Scroll
05-22-2002, 09:52 AM
If anyone is sick of hearing about GTA3 it's every XBA's Role Model-Ninja Jubei.
But now that we know as of now that Rockstar is not having a GTA3 demo for Xbox at the show it still does not mean we are not getting the game. But honestly I could care less. But I know if we do not get this game it will hurt us somewhat in sales being this is the best overall selling game of 2001.

But my question for you fellow XBA kids is would you trade the just announced Xbox version of MGS2 for a GTA3 release?

Me? Hell naw yo! Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance all da f'n way!
:)

X-Ray
05-22-2002, 09:58 AM
We won't see GTA on X-Box for atleast three years and I understand that MGS substance is already in developement. So to me the choice is obvious: MGS. I'm getting tired of R* and their one-hit-wonder anyway.

RadRider
05-22-2002, 09:59 AM
Can we choose "I don't care" since I'm not interested in getting either title?

Dre
05-22-2002, 10:03 AM
I seriously believe that the GTA argument is going to be moot in a few months. With Xbox coming out with such a stellar lineup there is no doubt that this year will be the year of the xbox. Look at PS2's game announcements NOT coming to Xbox and its hard to not laugh. Apart from the Final Fantasy and GTA series, and Devil may cry... what really do they have? I think I'll have to look into that..

And then you think to next years E3 where Ninja Gaiden and Project Ego's final versions will probably be showing/debuting and you can bet Xbox will be in for another great year.

So, I guess I'd have to say I'll stick with MGS. I couldn't give a rats ass anymore about GTA, especially if they are going to PC anyways.

Talking about FF... I wonder if we'll hear any surprises concerning Square and Xbox. I wouldn't mind hearing that! But even if it doesn't happen, I'll still live on playing other great xbox games.

Casper
05-22-2002, 10:16 AM
It sucks that it's not gonna hit the Xbox, but I'm not too hot on the MGS. I saw the one that came out for the PoS2 and I was not impressed. I guess it's just not what I was expecting out of it, but that's just me. I am also disappointed in the sellout that Rock* turned into, sticking with just Sony, when they could easily double their profits with hitting the Xbox and GC (highly doubt that one though). I played it a bunch of times on the PoS2 (the only game that I have actually played on it) and all I could help wondering was how much better it would be graphically on the Box.....but now I'll just be left to wonder :(

X-Ray
05-22-2002, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Dre
I seriously believe that the GTA argument is going to be moot in a few months. With Xbox coming out with such a stellar lineup there is no doubt that this year will be the year of the xbox. Look at PS2's game announcements NOT coming to Xbox and its hard to not laugh. Apart from the Final Fantasy and GTA series, and Devil may cry... what really do they have? I think I'll have to look into that..

And then you think to next years E3 where Ninja Gaiden and Project Ego's final versions will probably be showing/debuting and you can bet Xbox will be in for another great year.

So, I guess I'd have to say I'll stick with MGS. I couldn't give a rats ass anymore about GTA, especially if they are going to PC anyways.

Talking about FF... I wonder if we'll hear any surprises concerning Square and Xbox. I wouldn't mind hearing that! But even if it doesn't happen, I'll still live on playing other great xbox games.

Exactly, the game is overhyped! I'll take the new X-Box exclusives over GTA anyday!

azmodan
05-22-2002, 10:56 AM
hey dre i read somewhere the sony wasnt to happy that square was making ff for nintendo and they bought up more of square so they like basically own square now if thats true...

RadRider
05-22-2002, 11:02 AM
So far, most games have been made for PS2 first, then ported to GameCube and Xbox. This is okay, as you can see improvements in the game - but, the core game was never designed to take advantage of the better systems, so differences are generally nominal.

I like what happened with Wreckless, and I think multiplatform games should be done that way. The game was originally made to take full advantage of the Xbox graphically, so when it's ported to other systems, you really notice the differences. Then you can shove it in the face of other console owners :D

Ninja Scroll
05-22-2002, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by RadRider
So far, most games have been made for PS2 first, then ported to GameCube and Xbox. This is okay, as you can see improvements in the game - but, the core game was never designed to take advantage of the better systems, so differences are generally nominal.

I dont feel getting games last is better. Yeah the hand-me-down versions are better with alot of extras.
But I gotta tell you, who da hell wants to wait a year for a game that was already released?
Hey, if I didnt hate Sony so much I would have bought a PoS2 just for MGS2 and not wait da year for the Xbox version.
Naw mean?
I cant stand it when we get old ass games that have been on the market on another console for a whole d@mn year.
But dat dont meanim not scoopin up MSG2 on Xbox doe!:D

anthrax0r
05-22-2002, 12:08 PM
By Next year you are going to see so many GTA type clones you wont even remember what GTA stands for :D

DZNUTZ
05-22-2002, 12:12 PM
i own both gta3 and metal gear solid 2 for ps2...if i had to chose one ( while their both "must own" games) ..there wouldn't be a doubt in my mind

it would be gta3 all the way..without hesitation.

Ninja Scroll
05-22-2002, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
i own both gta3 and metal gear solid 2 for ps2...if i had to chose one ( while their both "must own" games) ..there wouldn't be a doubt in my mind

it would be gta3 all the way..without hesitation.

YO Dznutz, tell me why GTA3 is better than MGS2 yo!
I have yet to play either one.:)

DZNUTZ
05-22-2002, 01:21 PM
GTA3 -well think of evey bada$$ mafia/gangsta movie rolled into one and make a game of it. the gameplay and funfactor is thru the roof..deffinately one of the best games of all time.revolutinary.....seemless transitions from foot to vechicle...its like an car game and a action game all in one....deffinately matur...love mature games.

metalgearsolid2- its great..purty graphics... great story...nice gameplay..but its essitantaly just an upgrade from the others...way tooo much text and b.s. dialouge....some funny stuff ...but it just doesn't even compare in terms of fun factor, to gta3....

serisouly their must own games...but imo....in terms of single player games..gta3 might be the funnest of all time. the game is so fun...i forget i'm trying to accomplish stuff and just go off more then i actually try the missions.

kornavs19
05-22-2002, 02:15 PM
im with DZ %100 on that.... GTA III, I think is just so remarkable..... I think its the best and most funnest game ever made SO FAR...... I was REALLY looking forward to that game....
Im ****ed at R*.... There frigg*n a*sholes for doing that.... They coulda got so much money off of it....But no there F*ckin Stupid..

CoMATOSE
05-22-2002, 02:20 PM
lets see...........i want substance but i don't want GTA3 sooooo i think i'm gonna have to saaaay.....ummm....METAL GEAR SOLID 2 SUBSTANCE!!!!!!!!!!!1:eek: :eek:

Nerrad529
05-22-2002, 02:23 PM
Metal Gear Solid isn't that great I hope they don't even waste there time. Microsoft makes good games, so I'am looking forward to them and some others.

Snoopy7548
05-22-2002, 03:20 PM
MGS SUBSTANCE ALL THE WAY!!! dude, did u see the new preview at ign? oh my god!! theres a SH*TLOAD of new and sweet stuff! theres the regular game, a ton of vr missions, and a ton of awesome games. like a skating game with snake and a ton more stuff, all on 1 cd! heres the link, be sure to check out the pics!!! http://xbox.ign.com/articles/360/360368p1.html

Vitamin D
05-22-2002, 03:34 PM
I'd take MGS2 substance over GTA3. After playing GTA for a while, I get the feeling that it's just a one-trick pony and I'm not sure how long it can hold my attention.

Substance, however, sounds like it's gonna be a huge game (filling up an entire dual-layered DVD-9). It's really 3 games in one, and the MGS premise is more appealing. I loved Solid on the PSX, but I've never played the VR missions or the PS2 sequel. I'm actually gettin' pretty stoked about the upcoming Fall release on Xbox.

:cool:

Snoopy7548
05-22-2002, 03:45 PM
it would be sweet if they put the original mgs, and the original vr missions on the cd too:D