PDA

View Full Version : How will we d/l mods for games like JKII?

Veno
05-22-2002, 10:32 AM
Can someone explain this to me? Can we download patches and mods through xboxlive? Or could we transfer them from our computer to our xbox somehow? JKII and Unreal games are all about mods, without mods they would suck. No lightening sabers or cool moves mod, and worst of all, no new maps, just the same boring ones over and over and over... And how will the controls work with JKII on xbox? On pc you have to use about every key on your keyboard with the mouse to beable to play like a pro.

Ninja Scroll
05-22-2002, 10:34 AM
Um,... maybe im slow or something, but what da hell is JKII?:confused:

Veno
05-22-2002, 10:47 AM
Are you that shallow? You can not see any other games but xbox games? Jedi Knight II for pc, jesus. Best star wars game ever made.

Dre
05-22-2002, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Veno
Are you that shallow? You can not see any other games but xbox games?

Holy crap you need an attitude adjustment

Veno
05-22-2002, 10:52 AM
Oh yeah, attitude adjustment, how long did it take you to think that one up? 'Ninja Jubei', my ignorant xbox savior rolemodel, I am so sorry, geeze... lame

JJaX
05-22-2002, 11:04 AM
Oh yeah, attitude adjustment, how long did it take you to think that one up? 'Ninja Jubei', my ignorant xbox savior rolemodel, I am so sorry, geeze... lame

damn Veno pull that dik outta your ass.
Just cause NInja wasnt aware of a Acronym of a popular PC title doesnt mean hes shallow. Besides, this is a XBOX forum. Lots of us here are stritcly console gamers.

But i guess your used to throwing around words like JKII, BBW and M4M Huh?

Cant we all jsut get along.... http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif

Well anyways, You do make a good point, MODS do help games live on. I would only hope for online D/Ls for user made mods. But how will users develop the Xbox MODS?

Veno
05-22-2002, 11:45 AM
That's exactly my point, all jkii mods are strictly made by the players, how are we going to create mods for the xbox version? It would be a horrible drawback if there were no mods, that's the entire purpose of jkii and the original jk- to beable to create huge mods like a counter strike mod and new sweet dueling maps and lightsaber mods. Plus, it would be cool if there was coop to this version. I highly enjoyed the singleplayer version, I think it would be sweet double teaming desann heheheh. Or fighting 20 reborn together.

Dre
05-22-2002, 11:47 AM

Well, I wasn't flaming you.. I was making a comment. If you're too ignorant or immature to see that, then so be it. But you reap what you sow and you just lost all respect I, and many others I'm sure, had for you.

Anyways, to answer your original question, MS has stated that upgrades, addons and patches will be downloadable through the xbox live service. As to if this will be available for JKII, I don't know.. we'll have to wait and see.

JJaX
05-22-2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Dre

Anyways, to answer your original question, MS has stated that upgrades, addons and patches will be downloadable through the xbox live service. As to if this will be available for JKII, I don't know.. we'll have to wait and see.

wait wait slow down.........

Jedi Knight II was announced for Xbox?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

JJaX
05-22-2002, 11:51 AM
SWEET JEBIS!!!!!

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/0,11114,561554,00.html

IT HAS!!! Where have i been! This is great news. Man MS isnt F'n around huh? Theres so many great games coming i cant keep up!

JJaX is Pumped :cool:

Veno
05-22-2002, 11:54 AM
What do you think this entire thread is about? Not flaming you or anything, but what did you think I meant? Like mods for games like unreal championship and halo 2? I woulda named it "How will we d/l mods for Unreal Championship and Halo 2?" instead of jkii. But if you didn't spend all your time in the forums you could look at the main page, it's said jkii is coming out for xbox for a day now. :D :p

l Maximus l
05-22-2002, 11:57 AM
What do you think this entire thread is about? Not flaming you or anything, but what did you think I meant? Like mods for games like unreal championship and halo 2? I woulda named it "How will we d/l mods for Unreal Championship and Halo 2?" instead of jkii. But if you didn't spend all your time in the forums you could look at the main page, it's said jkii is coming out for xbox for a day now. :D :p

Ever take into consideration that "one day old" news is still new news to some folks?

Yes, I read the information yesterday and yes, it's very exciting. But, I also spend a lot of time on this site. As for mods, I guess we'll have to wait and see :)

Veno
05-22-2002, 11:58 AM
I've actualy emailed raven and lucasarts 3 times and posted in their forums about an xbox version. Each time they denied that there were any plans for a JKII coming to xbox, yesterday I got so happy i was gonna cry. No more extreme lag from 56kers and crappy slow downs in 32 player games! I hope they add in the Death From Above heavy special, Forward Lunge fast special and the whatever you call it medium special, u know the one, flip forwards stab downwards and then stab through your opponent upwards into singleplayer. In the pc version you can only hack and slash and lightening and grip and push people off cliffs in sp, no stance specials.

Ninja Scroll
05-22-2002, 12:14 PM
Did Veno flame me? Tell me he didnt,.. please tell me jerky did not just flame everyones XBA Icon-Ninja Jubei!:confused:

Cause if so everyone knows im game for a good fight! Naw mean ya'll!:cool:

anthrax0r
05-22-2002, 12:17 PM
There most likely wont be any add on mods besides what they add on to the game disc.

But then again there was a DOA3 booster disc so i guess anything is possible. However since mods are primarily made by users themselves I wouldnt hold my breath :o

Veno
05-22-2002, 12:35 PM
Answer to Ninja Jubei: yes. And has anyone in this forum had the honor of playing the pc version of jkii? JJaX? You seem pretty enthused, you a playa? I play all the time, I can't get enough of cutting off people's heads and slicing people in half and cutting off their limbs with the dismemberment mod.

Veno
05-22-2002, 12:37 PM
Also, anyone else like me waiting for the double bladed saber darth maul stance mod with the new improved darth maul skin? That is gonna be sweeeeet. I hope they include that in the Xbox version and the mace windu stance mod. God Mace Windu's stance is so wierd.

RadRider
05-22-2002, 12:47 PM
Veno - that darth maul mod sounds sweet. If I had the game for PC, I'd get it.
Who all can you play as? Can you play as Luke Skywalker and old-timer Ben Kenobi?

Veno
05-22-2002, 12:50 PM
Luke, Ben? Yes and Yes, plus there are tons of other skins such as darth vader, clone trooper, storm trooper, count dooku, bespin midget repair guys, darth maul, palpatine, dark kyle from the end of the original jk, mara jade from jk:mots, there are a ton of them. To check all the mods out go to http://www.jediknightii.net . Or www.massassi.net . Have fun checking out all the pics of the mods and stuff, I highly suggest getting this game, I still love the duel map with the huge wind that sends you flying towards eachother in mid air.

RadRider
05-22-2002, 12:53 PM
Is there a two-player arena style sparring mode? If you've played Rune, then you know what I'm talking about. If there is, then I pretty much will buy this game. It's just a matter of time and money now.

JJaX
05-22-2002, 12:57 PM
Answer to Ninja Jubei: yes. And has anyone in this forum had the honor of playing the pc version of jkii? JJaX? You seem pretty enthused, you a playa? I play all the time, I can't get enough of cutting off people's heads and slicing people in half and cutting off their limbs with the dismemberment mod.

Naw man :(

But ive heard nothing but good things about this game.
Any game that lets you run around with a light saber from a 1st person view is cool with me ;)

Veno
05-22-2002, 12:58 PM
Well that's kinda obvious, it's called duels. it's where it's 1v1 in usualy small maps such as a temple or a huge bespin platform at the top of a tower and stuff. This is how it works, there's usualy 4-6 people in the game, 2 people fight at the same time while the others wait. When 1 kills the other, the loser goes tot eh end of the line, and the person next in line goes into the arena. Plus everyone in line can watch the fight of course. And also, you can do that without anyone in line and just do 1v1 without anyone else in the game.

JJaX
05-22-2002, 12:59 PM
Well that's kinda obvious, it's called duels. it's where it's 1v1 in usualy small maps such as a temple or a huge bespin platform at the top of a tower and stuff. This is how it works, there's usualy 4-6 people in the game, 2 people fight at the same time while the others wait. When 1 kills the other, the loser goes tot eh end of the line, and the person next in line goes into the arena. Plus everyone in line can watch the fight of course. And also, you can do that without anyone in line and just do 1v1 without anyone else in the game.

Thats known as Rocket arena for all you quake/Unreal fans ;)

RadRider
05-22-2002, 01:01 PM
It's also called "Arena" in the melee-only game Rune. I'm happy to hear it :)

Veno
05-22-2002, 01:02 PM
You guys got pc's, the requirements are rather low, I suggest atleast a pentium 3 1000 mhz geforce 2 mx 400 card(same card in the xbox I believe), 256 mb ram, and a nice dsl line. The only thing that bugs me about this game is there are so many 56kers. One thing that I love about this game is there is no lag, and no cheaters(anyone remember cs?)

Ninja Scroll
05-22-2002, 01:03 PM
Answer to Ninja Jubei: yes. And has anyone in this forum had the honor of playing the pc version of Veno Is G@y? I love men :d

You sick fa, fa, fa, freak!:mad: Take your G@y ass somewhere else you sweet tooth beeootch! This is Xbox/console shii, not your lame ass PC junior!:rolleyes:

You dumbass.....lets see,..dumby!!!

What kinda name is Veno anyways? Veno-da-Virgin? Sounds about right!:D

Dre
05-22-2002, 01:04 PM
You guys got pc's, the requirements are rather low, I suggest atleast a pentium 3 1000 mhz geforce 2 mx 400 card(same card in the xbox I believe), 256 mb ram, and a nice dsl line. The only thing that bugs me about this game is there are so many 56kers. One thing that I love about this game is there is no lag, and no cheaters(anyone remember cs?)

The card in the xbox is not from the MX line and it is a slightly tweaked Geforce3.. it sits right in the middle of the high end geforce 3 and geforce 4. I did a big comparaison on the vid cards a while back, but I'm too lazy to go find the thread link

RadRider
05-22-2002, 01:04 PM
T-Bird 1.3, 256DDR RAM, GeForce 2 Pro Mx440. I've played the demo, and it runs smooth (albeit wierd in 1024x768 : although I think the problems arise because of the Nvidia drivers and windows XP rather than my system itself). If I had money, I'd get it now. I love swordfighting games, and lightsabers are possibly the best form of swordfighting!

And yeah, the Xbox uses a highly modified high-end GeForce 3. It's also got a modified pc-infrastructure for the actual system, so an Xbox easily beats a 733 Mhz pc with the same video card.

Veno
05-22-2002, 01:08 PM
Money? it costs $50.00, and jubei that was some funny **** lol. How old are you, man? All your disses are "you're ***" lol.

Veno
05-22-2002, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

You sick fa, fa, fa, freak!:mad: Take your G@y ass somewhere else you sweet tooth beeootch! This is Xbox/console shii, not your lame ass PC junior!:rolleyes:

You dumbass.....lets see,..dumby!!!

What kinda name is Veno anyways? Veno-da-Virgin? Sounds about right!:D
LMAO, hehehe.

Ninja Scroll
05-22-2002, 01:14 PM

LMAO, hehehe.

If you didnt know, you know now sunshine, Ninja never loses a good ol' fashion forum battle!

Now back to da topic, what is JKII mean again? :D

Veno
05-22-2002, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

If you didnt know, you know now sunshine, Ninja never loses a good ol' fashion forum battle!

Now back to da topic, what is JKII mean again? :D

ahahahahhahahahah, god i wasn't actualy serious when i called you ignorant, but my god, LMAO.