PDA

View Full Version : Gamespy?

RadRider
05-22-2002, 11:16 AM
Does anybody think Gamespy is slightly underwhelming when it comes to Xbox news, yet they couldn't get more excited with GameCube and PS2?

"Chances are, you know about Xbox Live and Microsoft’s online plans for the year. Today was the official announcement for Xbox Live and while there isn’t much new, beyond what we knew at least, Ed Fries and crew let us know that come fall, you’ll be able to pick up the Communicator Pack for $49.95. This includes a full year subscription to the online service, a voice headset and an online-enabled full copy of Re-Volt. Not shabby, but don't forgot you'll still need a broadband connection." -This is taken from their coverage of the E3 conference.

A slightly underwhelming statement, no?
This might be out of context, but I've noticed that they often slate a game as PS2 or GameCube, but never mention the Xbox version also, and they tend to cover PS2 and GameCube more frequently than Xbox. Maybe it's just me, but I think I've guaged them fairly well..

Ninja Scroll
05-22-2002, 11:29 AM
Broadband ONLY is the only thing that will hurt MS when it comes to Xbox Live.
Other than that, the features of the service is flawless!

Xtopia
05-22-2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

I think that MS's policy of broadband ONLY, will provide for a slow start with XBL. But will not effect it in the longrun. Broadband is growing very fast, and half of all XBox users already have broadband.

OppiumNitrates
05-22-2002, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by RadRider
Does anybody think Gamespy is slightly underwhelming when it comes to Xbox news, yet they couldn't get more excited with GameCube and PS2?

"Chances are, you know about Xbox Live and Microsoft’s online plans for the year. Today was the official announcement for Xbox Live and while there isn’t much new, beyond what we knew at least, Ed Fries and crew let us know that come fall, you’ll be able to pick up the Communicator Pack for $49.95. This includes a full year subscription to the online service, a voice headset and an online-enabled full copy of Re-Volt. Not shabby, but don't forgot you'll still need a broadband connection." -This is taken from their coverage of the E3 conference.

A slightly underwhelming statement, no?
This might be out of context, but I've noticed that they often slate a game as PS2 or GameCube, but never mention the Xbox version also, and they tend to cover PS2 and GameCube more frequently than Xbox. Maybe it's just me, but I think I've guaged them fairly well..
thats why i dont even waste my time with that stupid website they r very biasis

RadRider
05-22-2002, 11:50 AM
Good point Oppium

l Maximus l
05-22-2002, 11:54 AM
Yeah...it's obvious that Gamespy is biased. Did you notice how Gamespy completely downplayed XBox Live as RadRider quoted them on the original post on this thread? Wierd... They state this as if it was well known that the XBox Communicator will be $49..99 and include 12 months subscription for XBox Live or something. Geez! This news is about two days old! Other than myself, no one that I know other than on XBA has a clue of this astounding news!

Also, the fact that XBox Live is broadband only is HUGE!!! Who wants a bunch of people using Narrowband or Dial-up to battle against when you have streaming Broadband? I love that it's Broadband only...it's the only way to go! :D

NightCapper
05-22-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by RadRider
Good point Oppium
Rad y do u think that u are Venella Ice? That is the worst rap song ever made. Dude i dont know where u are from but u need to come out of your cave and realize that that song is the worst and we are in 2002.
Gamespy is the worst site on the net and PS2 and gamecube are on their way down the toilet. For every 5 games that XBOX has that are impressive they can prob come up wit 1/2. Its over for Sony but Nintendo has followers since the 80's. . . .Ice Ice Baby. . ROFLFAF:cool:

Hugh_Jass
05-22-2002, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

It is a doubled-edged sword. I want a no-compromises solution and that means broadband. Yes, it will leave modem users behind, but XBOX is the system of the future and modems are obsolete.

Ninja Scroll
05-22-2002, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Yeah...it's obvious that Gamespy is biased. Did you notice how Gamespy completely downplayed XBox Live as RadRider quoted them on the original post on this thread? Wierd... They state this as if it was well known that the XBox Communicator will be $49..99 and include 12 months subscription for XBox Live or something. Geez! This news is about two days old! Other than myself, no one that I know other than on XBA has a clue of this astounding news!

Also, the fact that XBox Live is broadband only is HUGE!!! Who wants a bunch of people using Narrowband or Dial-up to battle against when you have streaming Broadband? I love that it's Broadband only...it's the only way to go! :D

Good point on ever website down playing XBL, even gamespot is not giving MS no props on this killer deal.

And dont get me wrong waximus, I love the idea of broadband ONLY, but knowing 9 out of ever 10 americans owns a dial-up instead of broadband tells you the service will take some time to grow.

Ninja Scroll
05-22-2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass

It is a doubled-edged sword. I want a no-compromises solution and that means broadband. Yes, it will leave modem users behind, but XBOX is the system of the future and modems are obsolete.

Good points Jass, but dial-ups are faaaaaaaaar from obsolete, atleast not until broadband prices drop.
And im telling you playa, $50.00 a month aint no joke.:(

RadRider
05-22-2002, 12:29 PM
Geeze Nightcapper. :D Vanilla Ice is inherently cool, I don't care what you say - well, besides the drug abuse and selling out stuff. No, I don't think I'm him, but I just turn all sigs off anyway, so I just thought up something to put in there. Let this be a lesson to you for not turning sigs off! :D