PDA

View Full Version : DVD Playback Kit

kornavs19
05-22-2002, 02:23 PM
I picked up a DVD Playback Kit last night.... I wanted to c who else had it and what they thought of it..... I didnt get a chance to use it yet.... Probably use it tonight...... :)

JJaX
05-22-2002, 02:35 PM
JJaX review
Plug it in, Watch DVDs...............Not to be a dik, But what else do you need to know?

Ninja Scroll
05-22-2002, 02:43 PM
I bought mine weeks before I even got my Xbox console last year.
I was pretty impressed with how light the remote is.
The sensor does not have to be directed straight towards to eye receiver you plug in the Xbox control ports which is a plus.
But my only complaint is that their is no "power" button to turn the console on or off.
But a good accessory nontheless.
Hope you enjoy!:)

kornavs19
05-22-2002, 02:51 PM
thanks ninja....... The controller is suprisingly light.... I was suprised...lol... yea a power button would be great....
Jjax- What i mean is like is it good quality..... Does it freeze, is it quick.... U know things about it...... :)

JJaX
05-22-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by lmpbzktnkorn23
thanks ninja....... The controller is suprisingly light.... I was suprised...lol... yea a power button would be great....
Jjax- What i mean is like is it good quality..... Does it freeze, is it quick.... U know things about it...... :)

Ohhh my fault! :)

I think its great, Sound is awesome through my 5.1 system. Pictures a real crisp(s-video)

Its never skipped or had a problem. I just wish the Remopte had a power button. You can also use the remote in the Xbox dashboard to look around your saved files or play music.

kornavs19
05-22-2002, 03:03 PM
no prob. Jjax.... thANX... yea i tried the dashboard.... Thats pretty cool.... :)

FloBuzz
05-22-2002, 04:43 PM
I wanted to know what the DVD kit really is.

I mean, I know the compatibilities and functions are already built into the XBox.

But is the DVD Kit just a controller or something, how does it work? Do you have to plug anything else in?

DZNUTZ
05-22-2002, 04:59 PM
i like and recomend it

its just a remote and the infared plug-into-xbox device flobuzz

i perfer waaaay over my ps2 remote

xbox's also offeres a zoom feature

btw..last night i was gonna watch/listen to my up in smoke dvd (the dre/snoop/cube/eminem tour) and i could only get up the upinsmok menu...and couldn't play anything else...i was wondering if anyone else in here owns that dvd, if ya could ..pop it in and give it a try...i was wondering if it was the dvd itself (as in manufactuers coded it all messed up) or it was just my copy.

and fyi..yes i played another dvd imeddiately after.

Spaztic
05-22-2002, 05:06 PM
good dvd player, I honestly have been watching as much dvd's as playing games. I am going to buy another dvd player though so I give my xbox less wear and tear, also I want to watch svcd's

kornavs19
05-22-2002, 05:13 PM
btw..last night i was gonna watch/listen to my up in smoke dvd (the dre/snoop/cube/eminem tour) and i could only get up the upinsmok menu...and couldn't play anything else...i was wondering if anyone else in here owns that dvd, if ya could ..pop it in and give it a try...i was wondering if it was the dvd itself (as in manufactuers coded it all messed up) or it was just my copy.

Yo.... DZ! Does it have the symbol on the case or the DVD itself that its supposed to have????? It's a lil picture, if u still have the instruction manual, look in it... It like the globe with a 1 in it or something...... :)

P.S.
It's great to hear great things about it, thanx....:)