PDA

View Full Version : Some XBOX/PS2 numbers......

Highlite23
05-22-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted as a reply at "XBOX-PS2 debate" forum. Thought you might like to give a looksy.

Some numbers, make of them what you will...

These numbers are based on information from the current issue of GI.

PS2
Has been out for approximatlly 18 months.
Approximatlly 143 games.
Based on GI reviews, 24 of them scored 9 or higher.

XBOX
Has been out approximatlly 6 months.
Approximatlly 62 games.
Based on GI reviews, 13 of them scored 9 or higher.

Want to take it further...

16% of the PS2 library is 9 or better.
21% of the XBOX library is 9 or better.

PS2 has released an average of 7.9 games a month since launch.
XBOX has released an average of 10.3 games a month since launch.

Let me state again, come to your own conclusions regarding these figures.

l Maximus l
05-22-2002, 02:30 PM
Nice figures, except, they are not completely accurate...atleast not in regards to XBox released games. The XBox has 68 games out. But, all in all, the XBox still has more impressive numbers :)

Highlite23
05-22-2002, 02:35 PM
Yea, i know Max, but i wanted to use accurate numbers out of the source (GI) Unfortunatlly there not completlly up to date with any system releases. I couldn't ery well add to XBOX's releases and ignore the PS2(I honestly have no clue about PS2 games out or comming out). No what i mean.:D

OppiumNitrates
05-22-2002, 02:35 PM
Xbox had the best launch of any consloe in the first 6 month . . .

game and consloe sales that is . . .

70% more gaems were sold in the first 6 months of Xbox then PS2

VAN
05-22-2002, 02:36 PM
Correction. There are currently 70 games available for the Xbox. :)

l Maximus l
05-22-2002, 02:38 PM
Thanks VAN...I guess now that Hunter the Reckoning is out, that it should be included :D

Highlight...dude, I know what you mean...it's a good post!! :D

But, I will have to say that 143 games for the PoS2 in a year and a half is not very impressive at all! Seriously! XBox will have over 200 by this Holiday season!! :eek:

CoMATOSE
05-22-2002, 02:40 PM
KICK ASS!!:cool:

although strictly speaking taking results from a single source that COULD be biased for example isn't ver accurate.....:D

but we all know its true facts or no facts!!!!;)

Snoopy7548
05-22-2002, 03:16 PM
just because the ps2 may have some more "higher scoring games" doesnt mean its better. just wait until the games shown at e3 come out. then the xbox will be on top, lol, that sounded kinda sick:D

Nerrad529
05-22-2002, 03:21 PM
Xbox been blowin the doors off my house since the middle of december.

Xbox Owner
05-22-2002, 03:59 PM
That's cool, but remember, GI reviews are only opinions.

Xtopia
05-22-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by highlite23
Originally posted as a reply at "XBOX-PS2 debate" forum. Thought you might like to give a looksy.

Some numbers, make of them what you will...

These numbers are based on information from the current issue of GI.

PS2
Has been out for approximatlly 18 months.
Approximatlly 143 games.
Based on GI reviews, 24 of them scored 9 or higher.

XBOX
Has been out approximatlly 6 months.
Approximatlly 62 games.
Based on GI reviews, 13 of them scored 9 or higher.

Want to take it further...

Let me state again, come to your own conclusions regarding these figures.

Cool figures!

~XbOx~PrYdE~

Shorezy
05-22-2002, 05:34 PM
Sweet man, hopefully we can get more accurate soon. BUt it's good to know Xbox's rate compared to the PS2.

Hugh_Jass
05-22-2002, 10:06 PM
I'd also like to point out that people are generally more critical of XBOX games because the XBOX has so much more potential than the PS2. In other words, an XBOX game might score lower than a PS2 game even if the XBOX game is better. Thus, XBOX has even greater numbers than the raw stats imply.

Bakero
05-22-2002, 11:44 PM
:) :D :D :)

Whose releasing more games today? PlayStation2. want to check? Go to GameSpot.com and go to their release calendar, you’ll see that every month from the release of the X-Box, PlayStatio2 has been releasing more games. 4 to 3 PlayStaion2 is launching more games this year.

Fair enough, for GI, that is after all their opinion, nothing I can do about that. But in order to have an unbiased debate like this I think it’s better if we compare other sites. Hehe I’ll go ahead and look it up on GameSpot since I’m already here. Lets see, Ok X-Box has two exclusive games that scored 9.0 and higher, that of course is Halo and Rallisport Challenge. PlayStation2 has 8 exclusive games that scored 9.0 and higher, Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy X, Metal Gear Solid SOL, NBA Street, Grand Theft Auto3, Virtua Fighter4, Gran Turismo3 A-Spec, Twisted Metal Black.

Ok so lets do the math here hmmm…
What percent is 8 and 2 from 143 and 62.

For GameSpot’s Exclusive Games Rating for Both System

PlayStation2 – 5.6% of PlayStation2’s games scored 9.0 or higher.
XBox – 3.23% of XBox’s Games Scored 9.0 or higher.

But that’s just GameSpot, I don’t know about GI, but in my personal opinion, GameSpots rating system is as fair as it gets.

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/misc/userreview/explained.html

Just offering a different point of view.

:rolleyes: ;) ;) :rolleyes:

Dre
05-22-2002, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Bakero

Whose releasing more games today? PlayStation2. want to check? Go to GameSpot.com and go to their release calendar, you’ll see that every month from the release of the X-Box, PlayStatio2 has been releasing more games. 4 to 3 PlayStaion2 is launching more games this year.

Fair enough, for GI, that is after all their opinion, nothing I can do about that. But in order to have an unbiased debate like this I think it’s better if we compare other sites. Hehe I’ll go ahead and look it up on GameSpot since I’m already here. Lets see, Ok X-Box has two exclusive games that scored 9.0 and higher, that of course is Halo and Rallisport Challenge. PlayStation2 has 8 exclusive games that scored 9.0 and higher, Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy X, Metal Gear Solid SOL, NBA Street, Grand Theft Auto3, Virtua Fighter4, Gran Turismo3 A-Spec, Twisted Metal Black.

But that’s just GameSpot, I don’t know about GI, but in my personal opinion, GameSpots rating system is as fair as it gets.

Why the hell isn't this thread in the Xbox vs. PS2 thread? This sort of tripe shouldn't be in the GD.

Snoopy7548
05-23-2002, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Bakero

yea, but u gotta remember, the xbox hasnt even been out for a year, and the ps2 has been out for over a year. and the xbox is getting alot of great titles:D

EHWfedPres
05-23-2002, 02:27 PM
Just because a system releases the most games dosent mean all of those games will be any good.

Just because a system has games that scored 9 or higher dosent mean that everyone else's opinion is the same as the reviewer's, because thats all that a game review is, some guy's opinion, and that means nothing to me.

But anyway, Xbox has better games, and it dosent have a ton of crappy linear wanna-be rpg's with midgets and crap like that, Xbox has good games...and thats what makes it good.

Snoopy7548
05-23-2002, 02:31 PM
yea, at least the xbox's rpgs dont have little midgets running around, lol:D