PDA

View Full Version : Official XBox Live XBA Clan thread!!!

l Maximus l
05-22-2002, 03:58 PM
Hey, dudes..in another thread, I brought up the idea to create an XBA clan for XBox Live. This proposed clan will be different than traditional clans. Why not? This is a different XBox fansite, right :D

Here is what I am proposing. Simply put an "XBA" in front of your nickname...this way it will be extremely easy to find friends that are currently playing on XBox Live. And, when there are XBA comrades on-line, we could private message them to see if they would like to team up! It's that easy!

Also, Dre had an astounding idea for creating an XBA football team and we could have a friendly, yet nasty, football game tournament against members from similar XBox fansites!

As for now, I'll often be found playing Unreal Championship...just FYI :) What do you guys think?

If so, place your nicknames in this thread...if not, just talk about it!!

Mine will be XBA-Maximus (I don't plan on using brackets around "XBA")

Snoopy7548
05-22-2002, 04:03 PM
mine will be: GNO-The Assassinator, lol, j/k, i dont think ill put xba in front of my name. ill just have The Assassinator.:D

l Maximus l
05-22-2002, 04:04 PM
It's my guess that we will have even more fun with XBox Live when we actually know the other people on the other end from this amazing website! And, know every single time as designated by the "XBA' letters in front of the nicknames. Then we can come back here and rant and rave about our battle experiences!! :D

This is going to be AWESOME!!

l Maximus l
05-22-2002, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
mine will be: GNO-The Assassinator, lol, j/k, i dont think ill put xba in front of my name. ill just have The Assassinator.:D

hehe...more appropriately, you should name yourself "The Assasinated" ;) hehe

DZNUTZ
05-22-2002, 04:05 PM
i'm deffinately into teaming up with u guys to take on others...but at the current moment i'm unsure if i want xba to be tagged to my name? i'm kinda 50/50 on it.....in fact to me..i'm still uncertain about my name in general...the fact that its permenant is making me very hesitant to commit automatically. especially because i plan to be playing all the time...for a looooong time.

but as i said i deffinately would like to participate with my fello xba comrades regardless.

also ..i belive ( i could be wrong, not 100%) that in terms of football.....their will only be 4 players per team.

kornavs19
05-22-2002, 04:11 PM
sure i'll do it.... I just gotta know how.... and Ill prolly go by a different name.....

Plewis
05-22-2002, 04:15 PM
im up for it... ill probably be xba-deathbycow... but Im not sure what its gonna be yet

l Maximus l
05-22-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
also ..i belive ( i could be wrong, not 100%) that in terms of football.....their will only be 4 players per team.

By the way, it was said on Microsoft's E3 video that it will be possible to play 11 v 11 while playing football :D Cool, huh??!!

As for your nickname...you still have plenty of time to think about it. In a way, it's a clan but it's not a clan. Basically, it's a tag that will help all of us XBoxaddicts to try and find eachother on the network. When you could have trouble finding teammates that are on-line that are not from XBA, you can be assured that there will be several XBA buddies on-line ready to team up with you! This is what it's truly meant for and can be used for other things. Besides, I love advertising this great website on XBConnect and Gamespy :D

faceoff508
05-22-2002, 04:18 PM
XBA-Faceoff508, this is a great idea!

Xtopia
05-22-2002, 04:21 PM
My XBL ID will be XBA-Xtopia, [XBA]-Xtopia, or Xtopia. LoL. But it will include the "Xtopia" no matter what.:cool:

Xbox Owner
05-22-2002, 04:22 PM
XBA - Xbox Owner

l Maximus l
05-22-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Xtopia
My XBL ID will be XBA-Xtopia, [XBA]-Xtopia, or Xtopia. LoL. But it will include the "Xtopia" no matter what.:cool:

lol, dude...you sounded so gung ho before! What happened? lol

Xtopia
05-22-2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

lol, dude...you sounded so gung ho before! What happened? lol

Well...I just want to keep my options open.:cool: If I put the XBA in front of my name, it would be hard/impossible to affiliate myself with another clan or group. I don't plan on leaving XBA, (I love it!) but you never know. Do you kind of understand my concern? But if I leave it as Xtopia, I could easily change "groups" or "clans."
But as you can see, I am still considering everthing else. And fortunately, I have time to make up my mind.

CoMATOSE
05-22-2002, 04:29 PM
nothing on earth will please me more than teaming up with my XBA buds......and maximus i look forward to showing u how to play unreal;) :p

though i ain't so keen on the XBA tag....... who knows XBOXLIVE might provide an easy way for us to join up

this fall..........

Dre
05-22-2002, 04:36 PM
So, I'm thinking I'll go ahead and think up some ideas on how to get this whole football thing working. Since its 11 vs. 11, I heard this as well.. it was in the e3 vid, it should be all good. We could also sport a couple of XBA matches for fun!

I think the only hard thing is going to be which game should we play? Madden, fever or 2k3. We'll just have to wait and see when they all come out which one offers the best options, etc. Obviously lots of peeps are going to stay loyal to their "brand", but there's nothing thats preventing us from having organized matches for all 3 games! Although, I'm not too sure if Madden will be online.. isn't it from EA?

mercsix
05-22-2002, 04:37 PM
I agree with the idea but it seems the XBA tag is the only thing holding everyone back. We also don't know exactly how the whole system will work but, I have to say, out of all the forums i've been to this is the coolest so you guys would be a blast to play with/against.

DZNUTZ
05-22-2002, 04:40 PM
madden is EA and won't be online (at least for the first year)

nfl2k3 and nfl fever will both be online

i'm also guessing MS will set up a way for use to join and be viewed as part of "clans" without use having to added a notable extension to our screen names.

Taranis
05-22-2002, 04:42 PM
Since everyone is worried about having to have XBA in front of their names forever, why not just add the folks from XBA to your "frinds list"

From http://www.xbox.com/live/xboxlive-features.htm :
"Xbox Live allows you to add other gamers to your Friends List. Enjoy competing with a particular player? Invite them to be your friend with a couple button presses from the pause menu. It's also easy to see if your friends are online and even what game they're playing. If they're already in a game, you can send them an invitation to join you."

That way, everyone can have their name and everyone can play each other as well...we might could convince the folks at XBA to create a new field on our member profiles like "Xbox Live Name" and then you could look at a member's profile and then add him to your friends list.

CoMATOSE
05-22-2002, 04:43 PM
i'm also guessing MS will set up a way for use to join and be viewed as part of "clans" without use having to added a notable extension to our screen names.

i'm guessing this is most likely.......i seem to recall it being mentioned at the conference though..hmmmm

Dre
madden is EA and won't be online (at least for the first year)

nfl2k3 and nfl fever will both be online

You know.. now that you mention it I remember hearing that they had some kind of built-in ladder and clan support. I have no idea where I read that and I might have been dreaming but it still struck a bell when I read your post.

Xtopia
Originally posted by Taranis
That way, everyone can have their name and everyone can play each other as well...we might could convince the folks at XBA to create a new field on our member profiles like "Xbox Live Name" and then you could look at a member's profile and then add him to your friends list.

We kinda of already do that. Check out my sig...

Dre
05-22-2002, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by CoMATOSE

i'm guessing this is most likely.......i seem to recall it being mentioned at the conference though..hmmmm

hehehe.. I hate it when I reply to a post and someone was a bit quicker than me and says almost the exact same thing.. oh well, its all good! ;)

CoMATOSE
05-22-2002, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Dre

hehehe.. I hate it when I reply to a post and someone was a bit quicker than me and says almost the exact same thing.. oh well, its all good! ;)

wot can i say great minds think alike:o

Dre
05-22-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by CoMATOSE

wot can i say great minds think alike:o

And fools never differ :)

CoMATOSE
05-22-2002, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Dre

And fools never differ :)

lol...:rolleyes:

Kortiz
05-22-2002, 05:10 PM
XBA-ChickenSHHHH

i like that....has a nice....ring to it, dontcha think?

that is if i get Xbox live....i mean i will have to have cable anyway wont i? and i at this time do not have cable, im stuck with a 24k connection on my 56k modem, IT SUCKS!

smalltown life is peaceful, BUT IS SUCKS DONKEY BALLZ

*jumps up and down*
Kangaroo Song, Kangaroo Song, Kangaroo Song....KANGAROOOOO SONNG!!!!
*cries*

Nerrad529
05-22-2002, 05:11 PM
XBA-Nerrad529

Shorezy
05-22-2002, 05:20 PM
I'm there maximus. XBA - Shorezy
OR possibly XBA - Halo_11

kornavs19
05-22-2002, 05:22 PM
what exactly will this be though? Do u hook your box up to the computer, or something? Like how do we play it???? :)

sinizuh
05-22-2002, 05:25 PM
if you put XBA infront of your name, you'll be stuck with it till the end of time!

microsoft should add a seperate input box for clan tag. and you can change it anytime.

Xtopia
05-22-2002, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH
XBA-ChickenSHHHH

i like that....has a nice....ring to it, dontcha think?

that is if i get Xbox live....i mean i will have to have cable anyway wont i? and i at this time do not have cable, im stuck with a 24k connection on my 56k modem, IT SUCKS!

smalltown life is peaceful, BUT IS SUCKS DONKEY BALLZ

*jumps up and down*
Kangaroo Song, Kangaroo Song, Kangaroo Song....KANGAROOOOO SONNG!!!!
*cries*

LoL...I live in a smalltown in the midde of no where...but I have broadband.:D :cool: ;)

Kortiz
05-22-2002, 05:39 PM
i can get cable too.....Comcast is what is provided here.

i was moreless talking about having 24k connection on a 56k modem.

and the only problem i have with the cable provider here is they use their customers however they want.
there is no competition here, therefore if they want to take down the system for a check everyday, they could, they dont do it everyday but they do it a lot.....on a plus side it is a hellofalot better then 24k, i just dont wanna have to, not be able to play on a day that i would like too. that would go for Everquest as well.

i will probably get cable once i can afford it or the peeps im living with wanna hook me up, LOL, they are my grandparents, i am sure i can get it thou gh.

l Maximus l
05-22-2002, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by lmpbzktnkorn23
what exactly will this be though? Do u hook your box up to the computer, or something? Like how do we play it???? :)

Well, I imagine that you can hook up your broadband modem one of a couple ways to your XBox to play on XBox Live:

1. For those who don't have a computer, simply purchase Broadband internet access and run the modem via Patch cable directly to the back of the XBox.
2. If you have a computer, you could use a HUB and share the broadband from your computer and your XBox.

l Maximus l
05-22-2002, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH
i can get cable too.....Comcast is what is provided here.

i was moreless talking about having 24k connection on a 56k modem.

and the only problem i have with the cable provider here is they use their customers however they want.
there is no competition here, therefore if they want to take down the system for a check everyday, they could, they dont do it everyday but they do it a lot.....on a plus side it is a hellofalot better then 24k, i just dont wanna have to, not be able to play on a day that i would like too. that would go for Everquest as well.

i will probably get cable once i can afford it or the peeps im living with wanna hook me up, LOL, they are my grandparents, i am sure i can get it thou gh.

I am pretty damn sure that on the E3 video that it said that it's possible to have the ability to get broadband no matter where you live if you get a certain service...I think through MSN or something... :confused:

Kortiz
05-22-2002, 06:03 PM
read the post above bro.

ShannonX
05-22-2002, 06:08 PM
i think they ment getting broadband anywhere via satellite. Latency issues and slower than cable/dsl and more expensive. But guess it could work to some extent.

LynxFX
05-22-2002, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Shannon-XBA
i think they ment getting broadband anywhere via satellite. Latency issues and slower than cable/dsl and more expensive. But guess it could work to some extent.

That is what I was thinking too. I'm curious as to how these new satellite systems perform. The ones that no longer require a dialup to send. That is where most of the latency issues were coming from. I have no idea how much the systems cost though.

I'm just so glad MS went with broadband only.

I would love to be part of this clan but I don't think I will sign up with an XBA-Lynxfx ID. I'm part of too many groups to do that since you only get one from the sounds of it.

X-Ray
05-22-2002, 07:10 PM
An XBA clan sounds great! I still think the best from our site (everyone but me) should play and beat the members of other clans! I'm going to look forward to not sucking.:o

XBOX Dude
05-22-2002, 07:46 PM
geese max how many of these clan threads have we seen since we been here:D anyhow i've been gone a few days or i would have answered sooner but yeah you got a good idea

VeNoMiZA
05-22-2002, 07:51 PM
my name on xboxlive will be XBA-VeNoMIZA

X-Ray
05-22-2002, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by VeNoMiZA

Rest assured becuase, beta testers and all, I think that there I NO chance anyone will get it before you do!

VeNoMiZA
05-22-2002, 08:17 PM
??? wat u mean by that?

GRAVEDIGGER
05-22-2002, 08:26 PM
My XBOX Live name will definately be the GRAVEDIGGER. But i doubt that i'll put XBA in front of it, its a 50/50 possibility, maybe its because its gonna be a permanent thing, so i gotta think about that. Well either way we can all know who each other is by simply coming here to XBA and Make a thread displaying our XBOX Live User Name.

Untill next time...:mad:

E-Xbox
05-22-2002, 09:04 PM
i have also thought about this many times...

1 con i am thinking bout is if someone gets absolutely smoked..and they have a XBA tag...
then the one guy...mite not remember which xba guy it was...and then just tell people..oh the xba clan sucks..dont waste your time...

cuz not everyone on xba is as good as me...
hehe

i just cant wait for unreal championship on xbox live!!!!
its gonna be amazing!
btw..i forget...how many players will be allowed in UC at a time?!

peace

X-Ray
05-22-2002, 10:01 PM
??? wat u mean by that?

I know I originally said:

Originally posted by X-Ray
Rest assured becuase, beta testers and all, I think that there I NO chance anyone will get it before you do!

In response to your:

I had a bit of a huge typo. What I meant to say is this:
Rest assured because, beta testers and all, I don't think that there is any chance anyone will take your name before you get to it

I don't know what I was thinking in my original post.
:o

XBOX MSSC
05-23-2002, 12:56 PM
I'll be playing....ID:2k3...Fever:2k3...UC...

XBL ID: XBA-MSCC

Nagant91_30
05-27-2002, 08:55 PM
I'll be [XBA]Nagant, but I don't have an XBox yet....

JADE8704
05-27-2002, 09:11 PM
great idea fellas! i'll definitely get xbox live, since i was too lazy to hook up to gamespy :(...oh well, get ready to be JADED fellas...cuz im gonna be rockin the house xbox style :D

my xbox live name will be: XBA-JADE8704 just cuz everyone here already knows me as jade :D

bbchs_trash
05-27-2002, 10:17 PM
Team-Xbox, get ready!

XBA-bbchs_trash

XBA-Sneak

XBA-Fox 407

XBA-YourWorstNitemare
(Halo: You were killed by YourWorstNitemare)

It will probably be the bbchs_trash one, I can't wait, maybe we should make another topic a day or two before the launch of my life, I mean Xbox Live. We could form teams then so we could all be on our way the day of launch!

Highlite23
05-27-2002, 10:37 PM
I'm in Max.........XBA-highlite23.

I took a long time to figure out my name. LOL.

l Maximus l
05-28-2002, 12:53 AM
I can't wait for XBox Live! Incorporating it with the awesome members of this amazing website will be amazing since we can all play with or against eachother and come back to this site and talk trash, encouragement, or defeat with one another! It's going to be bad ass!! :D

Shoua
05-28-2002, 01:25 AM
Max i am in, i was gonna play with you once on gamespy but the room was full. My name shall be........thinking.........aahah i got it :D.................... XBA-Shoua

UnitedKingdom
05-28-2002, 04:30 AM
If it ever comes to this country I'll be XBA-UnitedKingdom or
XBA-UK.:eek: