PDA

View Full Version : Some bad news for XBox...

Xtopia
05-22-2002, 04:53 PM
My dad, who trades stocks, gave me this link.
It basicly says that since the pricecut, XBox says have not picked up nor have they decreased. whay do you guys think?Here (http://www.briefing.com/sub/stocks/inplay.htm)

CoMATOSE
05-22-2002, 04:56 PM
that sites password protected........ anyway its proven fact that sales have greatly increased, just ask ur local gamestore:p

Kortiz
05-22-2002, 04:58 PM
more sales? HELL YES!

more profit? HELL NO!

Xtopia
05-22-2002, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by CoMATOSE
that sites password protected........ anyway its proven fact that sales have greatly increased, just ask ur local gamestore:p

Okay here is what the link says: (I did not realize you have to have a password)

17:39 ET NVDA NVIDIA: FY03 gross margins to be at low end of range (38.05 +1.48) -- Update --
On call, says FY03 gross margins should be at lower end of its model of 35-40% due to deferral of Xbox revenue... separately, says its shipments have neither picked up nor dropped since price cuts on Xbox... for NVDA, it has shipped at a constant rate since the Xbox launch... NVDA -0.64 at 37.41

Oh, and Comatose, www.briefing.com (the place where I got this info) is a HIGHLY respected website. It is a research tool for investors. They don't lie. They get actuall sales figures...they dont just go and ask their local EB.;)

DZNUTZ
05-22-2002, 05:04 PM
i'm a stock broker as well xtopia..as well as a life long gamer.

no worries bud...MS will be just dandy;)

Xtopia
05-22-2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
i'm a stock broker as well xtopia..as well as a life long gamer.

no worries bud...MS will be just dandy;)

My dad started out as a broker...but now he is actually a day trader. What broker Co. you work for?

CoMATOSE
05-22-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Xtopia

Okay here is what the link says: (I did not realize you have to have a password)

17:39 ET NVDA NVIDIA: FY03 gross margins to be at low end of range (38.05 +1.48) -- Update --
On call, says FY03 gross margins should be at lower end of its model of 35-40% due to deferral of Xbox revenue... separately, says its shipments have neither picked up nor dropped since price cuts on Xbox... for NVDA, it has shipped at a constant rate since the Xbox launch... NVDA -0.64 at 37.41

Oh, and Comatose, www.briefing.com (the place where I got this info) is a HIGHLY respected website. It is a research tool for investors. They don't lie. They get actuall sales figures...they dont just go and ask their local EB.;)

lol...i still dunno what it says!!!! i think i'll leave this stock crap up to u guys:D

stang46
05-22-2002, 05:18 PM
Dude this exerpt concerns nVidia not MS. It specifically states units shipped have not dropped off or increased since the price cut. This is referring to the graphics/audio chipset, not the sales of the console. MS could still be requesting the same amount of video chipsets as they have since launch, but that doesn't mean they aren't selling more consoles.

Kooster
05-22-2002, 05:19 PM
Locally, Xbox sales have been great since the price drop!

DZNUTZ
05-22-2002, 05:20 PM
i'm a pacific life affiliate....i'd rather not name my specific firm....lets just say i work for the largest muni bond underwriter in cali. if ya can figure it out.....i'll give u a 50% discount on your first trade;)

Shorezy
05-22-2002, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by CoMATOSE

This one says it all. I just asked the boys at EB. They said the box is doin GREAT.

Xtopia
05-22-2002, 05:46 PM
i'm a pacific life affiliate....i'd rather not name my specific firm....lets just say i work for the largest muni bond underwriter in cali. if ya can figure it out.....i'll give u a 50% discount on your first trade;)

Cool! You must be loaded! LoL. Most brokers don't exactly struggle for cash....but then again this market must be p!ssing you off!

SkoalMint
05-22-2002, 06:15 PM

S&Y???

X-Ray
05-22-2002, 07:40 PM

Drexel Burnam...nahh...I should know better! lol:)