PDA

View Full Version : Square for Xbox?

Samwise
10-18-2000, 03:43 PM
The web seems to be floating with rumors saying that Square will develope Final Fantasy XI for Xbox. Apparently Square received Xbox Development Kits back in the summer of 1999. What are your thoughts on this rumor?

I haven't played many Square games (in fact I only have one), but I know a lot of people are strong believers in Square - and would probably buy a console just to play Square games (like Final Fantasy XI)... So if this is true I'd guess it would boost Xbox sales even more!

Tom
10-18-2000, 04:49 PM
Well..anythings possible! I know that if I were a developer, I'd be leaning heavily toward the Xbox. And, a game like like Final Fantasy would sell like wild fire, anyway. I'd love to see that come to pass.

gameslave
10-19-2000, 07:23 AM
Thats great news for the X Box Sam. I've played many Square rpg's over the years on different systems. Some were classics, some were so-so. But there are many people that will buy a system based solely on the fact that Square is making games for it. This is big news for the X Box and will go a long way toward making it the number one console when it comes out.

Underdog
10-19-2000, 11:07 AM
Square can definitely make some good games. Their stories are always well in depth and with the power of the Xbox behind Square, this could be the best installment of Final Fantasy yet!

Tom
10-19-2000, 02:25 PM
Somehow..I know the official 'no comment' from Square would pop up after reading that article on the rumor of Final Fantasy. http://www.xboxaddict.com/ubb/wink.gif But...ya never know. Regardless...I'm sure the Xbox will have plenty of great adventure titles for it...and I'm sure they will soon have their own line of "classics" that other consoles have had over the years.

Dabomb
03-08-2003, 09:01 PM
that would be cool if they did man

Xbox Owner
03-09-2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Dabomb
that would be cool if they did man

Stop it.

Discretion
03-09-2003, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by Xbox Owner
Stop it.
Jesus. Thank god he is banned. To many old threads are being bumped and I keep reading to fine they are old... LOL, how sad.:confused:

TheCovenant
03-10-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Discretion
Jesus. Thank god he is banned. To many old threads are being bumped and I keep reading to fine they are old... LOL, how sad.:confused:

who's banned?

bbchs_trash
03-11-2003, 08:51 AM
Covenant...

I believe DaBomb is banned. He brought up a post from 2000. Look at the very top post by Shannon... what a stupid thing to do... I just go all excited about the Square thing then checked the posts.... GRRRRRRR!

No Fear 23
03-11-2003, 03:27 PM
what the?? 3 freakin years ago??

wow

Cloud Strife
03-11-2003, 04:16 PM
I would be so happy if this was true because Squaresoft is my favorite developer by far.:)

I can't live without them.

canadianboi3
03-11-2003, 07:37 PM
This would because it would stop all those Xbxox haters from saying there isn't a good RPG.

Stormlord
03-11-2003, 08:21 PM
Someone should close this thread. It's so old. Square doesn't look like it's going to support Xbox anytime soon.

Bigwig
03-12-2003, 05:19 PM
I would like for FF IX to be on Live even though I think nearly all of Squares RPGs are silly, dim witted, and have a pathetic dated combat system. Oh and anime is lame 95% of the time. But man if Sony wont release that harddrive they might as well release FFIX for Live and let Square make their money.

MerimacHamwich
03-12-2003, 05:22 PM
I feel the same way BigWig.