PDA

View Full Version : Why I hate EB

Dre
05-23-2002, 12:16 AM
Ok, I went to EB today (22nd may) and asked the guy behind the counter if Hunter: The Reckoning for xbox was out yet.

He types on his computer for a good 2 minutes and finally says no, so I asked him when it was coming out and he said mid-june.

Hmmm, I'm thinking this doesn't sound all that right.

"Thats impossible, some friends of mine pre-ordered it and are already playing", I say.

He then proceeded to speak to me in an ignorant manner and said "Well, the company sent us a press release saying the game was delayed so thats impossible."

I'm like.. "ok.." and walked away to leave the store.

Then.. as I was about to leave the store he says "the PS2 version came out a week ago though, kinda makes you wish you had a PS2 eh?". (In Canada we say "eh" alot ;))

Well.. this came as sort of a shock to me. Hunter on PS2 I thought.. wow.. thats funny. So.. I reply "its an xbox exclusive game".

He said.. "no it isn't, it was released a week ago on PS2".

I'm completely dumbfounded now by the idiocy of this clerk. I once again say "its an xbox exclusive.. you are sure you are talking about Hunter: The Reckoning for xbox?"

He says "yes, there are 4 hunters and you kill all the zombies and stuff".

I'm like "ooookkkaay.., can I see the PS2 version then?".

"No.. we are all sold out", he said.

"Oh, how convenient" I replied with disdain. As you can tell, I'm pretty fed up by this point.

He looked at me with a look of disgust and I swear to god said "PS2 will always get the best games first... I can assure you".

"Really, well.. would you please follow me", as I walked towards a PC on display with an internet connection.

After giving him undeniable proof that there was NO PS2 version he just looked at me and said.. "oh, I thought you were talking about another game".

Really? Well.. then maybe you should not be working in a videogame store you dumb %@$*..

Anyways, all this to say that the EB near my place has now officially lost ALL of my business and respect. I'm not implying that all EB's are like this, or even that all employees at my EB are like this. But one bad apple is enough to lose my business. There's also a compucentre in the mall and they've just increased their annual income considerably... hehehe.. well, maybe not considerably, but by at least 500$ :)

l Maximus l
05-23-2002, 12:20 AM
BWAHAHAHA! Dude, what an idiot!! That's hilarious! The guy must have shoved a PoS2 up his ass and glued it in between his buttcheaks!! BWAHAHAHAHHAHA!!

Hickboy
05-23-2002, 12:23 AM
Shopping at the high dollar stores at the Rideau Centre eh?

Last time I was at that EB was to buy Ultima Online years ago.

I try to stick to the high inventory stores so that the stock is there and I don't have to talk to the dumb clerks and ask for stuff. Futureshop (Best Buy) is your friend ;).

RadRider
05-23-2002, 12:23 AM
That's pretty funny. The EB I go to has really good employees there who know their stuff. Their about as un-biased as you can get, and it's often cool to just talk with them about the latest developments in the industry.

l Maximus l
05-23-2002, 12:32 AM
The local EB in my hometown has employees full of XBox fans...it's pretty cool going in there. I also think that Hickboy has some good points...Best Buy, Circuit City, and the higher end retailers tend to carry more of everything in stock. Interestingly enough, the local Best Buy is also overwhelmingly XBox biased! :D

OEM Alien
05-23-2002, 01:22 AM
my local eb is has really cool employees. they always have given me good suggestions on pc and xbox games, they're never uncool like that with me. maybe your problem had something to do with the customers attitude. ;)

sinizuh
05-23-2002, 01:26 AM
I hate EB... their prices are the highest and their employees are the most arrogant bastards I've ever delt with. Only reason i go there is to play video games for free when i'm at the mall...

btw, only easterners say "eh?" a lot :P

stingu
05-23-2002, 01:28 AM
I buy at my local EB in Henderson, NV....they are pretty cool. Most are PS2 fans, but they never badmouth Xbox. I also like shopping at Best Buy.

NightCapper
05-23-2002, 02:20 AM
Babages . . .EB . . .Planet X . . . GameStop . .all the same we got a Plant X in ou mall too. . . . i kinda had an encounter there today kinda like that Dre but not as bad . . .

So i asked there what date they had for the Morowind release . . . . not that i was gunna turst it just wanted to compare it to other dates i had . . . and the kid says. "Next month on the 5th . . " i was like ok thanks and as imm turning to walk away . . "oh but the PS2 verson come out in Dec." . . . and i said there not getting Morrowind their getting Elder Scrolls Adventures, nice try to plug your system though" and left . . .

stupid PS2 fan boy, maybe if he knew what he was talkin about i wouldnt have had to shoot him down

Fixxer
05-23-2002, 03:39 AM
My friend and I were in Toys r' Us the other day lookin for a lightgun for his PS2 and ended up talkin to the clerk in there for a bit. We started talkin bout games n stuff, then he goes "yea, I just bought a PS2. The xbox sucks." I said that he was full of it, the xbox rules. Then we got on to talkin bout GTA 3 and he goes "I think my PS2 is goin. It makes weird noises when I'm playin GTA3. I work here tho, so I can bring it back whenever".... Heh. I had a good laugh out of that, he's telling me my xbox sucks and here he has to take his POS2 in for repairs... What an ass.

Nerrad529
05-23-2002, 03:42 AM
can you say chicken patty

yall
05-23-2002, 06:20 AM
ive had some encounters like this at my local media play (eb has always been good to me!). dont let them get a rise out of you. just inform the individual that he/she is an idiot. let them know that you believe them to posses a level of intellect akin to that of a common slug. also bring their hygene into question because if their opinion stinks so badly, surely the rest of their body must reek of terrible odor as well.

UnitedKingdom
05-23-2002, 06:39 AM
My local EB is well expensive, they charge much more than the other stores.
But it has got a wicked xbox section which is illuminated by green light.:cool:

mercsix
05-23-2002, 07:49 AM
I was in my local Software Etc. last week looking at third party controllers and the little geek boy working in the store was bad mouthing the Xbox (which by the way is shoved all the way in the back corner of the store) to a customer. I started to get ****ed, then I looked at him, he was about 28, wearing a Magic the Gathering t-shirt, greasey hair, bad skin, and about 4 teeth I don't have anything to prove to this loser he's what I see when I picture a PS2 Fanboy. I'm 32 have a beautiful wife, nice house, nice car, and a great job and I'm a XBOX Fanboy. which would you rather be.

P.S. I love Magic the Gathering but I would never wear a Magic Shirt. My wife won't even let me wear my Xbox t-shirt outside.

yall
05-23-2002, 07:57 AM
i actually new a kid at college who listed magic the gathering on his profession resume as one of his interests.

mercsix
05-23-2002, 08:01 AM
LMFOA that's funny in a sad pathetic sort of way.

Casper
05-23-2002, 08:23 AM
The Software Etc. and EB near where I live in upstate NY both have the new releases for the Box starting out at $55!!!:(

It's because PoS2 fanboys run these stores like this that kills ppl when they want to go out and check out another console! It really gets under my skin. I talked to the clerk at SE and he said it's simple why PoS2 is winning the battle, they have the better games at better prices....well jeez...I wonder why they would be cheaper??? duma$$es:mad:

Kortiz
05-23-2002, 09:14 PM
Posted by Maximus!!
BWAHAHAHA! Dude, what an idiot!! That's hilarious! The guy must have shoved a PoS2 up his ass and glued it in between his buttcheaks!! BWAHAHAHAHHAHA!!

"what is a juggalo, let me think for a second. OH, he gets butt-naked, starts walkin down the street, winking at freaks with a POS2 stuck in his buttcheaks"

LOLOLOLOLOLOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

ROFL ROLF ROLF HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

what a dumbsh*t

that joker should be fired, go back and make a complaint about him.

MerimacHamwich
05-23-2002, 10:35 PM
actually eb has been good to me the few times ive been there. They really promote the xbox due to its hardware superiority. However the compucenter was full of ****y bastards with prices as high as 100$ for a game (halo) (and in canadian but thats still like 70 bucks for americans). I usually stay shopping at walmart or futureshop for xbox though, rarely walmart, mostly futureshop.
I agree that the ps2 is crappy on the fact that my brother has one (he lives on his own) and after not even a year it is starting to crap out. Somehow it wrecked his nhl 2002 disk and wont read the nhl 2001 disk he just bought. Talk about P!#$# of $H!T 2. However i respect the psone for the fact tat it held in there so long to compete with the n64 and push its 32 bits almost to peices making 3d graphics.

GRAVEDIGGER
05-23-2002, 10:50 PM
Thats messed up how that PS2 Fanboy tried to desuade you from getting the game that you wanted. If i was in your shoes at the time, i would make him feel 10 times dumber than he already is.
My EB has been good to me though....so far.

Untill next time...:mad:

Kortiz
05-23-2002, 11:04 PM
my friend at school said his PS2 crapped out on him too. he can play a game for as long as he wonts, or just 10 minutes, but if he shuts it off, and goes somewhere for a few mins and then comes back to play, his PS2 wont even turn on, it just has the blue screen. after an hour or 2 he can come back and it will work...TALK ABOUT MESSED UP FOO!