PDA

View Full Version : Why GTAIII is not comming...a possible reason.

Highlite23
05-23-2002, 08:44 AM
You think this has anything to do with the Sony loyalty???

Take Two is as controversial as its games. Accounting irregularities discovered last year have triggered and investigation by the Securities & Exchange Commission. A slew of shareholders lawsuits forced the company to restate earnings for the past seven quarters.

Take Two CEO Sumner makes no apologies for games prohibited for sale to minors. While he won’t comment on the SEC investigation, he insists Take Two’s financials are solid. And he says investors who are not convinced of that will be over time

Complete article:
"VIOLENT VIDEO GAMES, HOT SELLERS"
http://www.msnbc.com/news/756054.asp#BODY

Ninja Scroll
05-23-2002, 08:49 AM
HEY YO!
Dude, their is only one reason, and one reason only. Sony bought the exclusive rights to the future gaems of GTA and will help market is as they have done for GTA3.
And of course Rockstar will get royalties for being PS2 exclusive.

JohnB
05-23-2002, 10:20 AM
By reading those first quoted comments, it seems like Rockstar is a bunch of drug dealers or thugs or something.

Spaztic
05-23-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by JohnB
By reading those first quoted comments, it seems like Rockstar is a bunch of drug dealers or thugs or something.

takes deviants to make a deviant game!

techie
05-23-2002, 02:55 PM
No offence but, who cares?! I mean, do we really
want another year old PS2 port that we will not
get the next installment for?

Don't get me wrong, in the beginning I too would
have liked to see GTA3 come out for the Xbox. But I
have already gone out and picked it up for the PC
and love it. Higher resolutions on the monitor make
this game look so much better than the PS2 version,
and I like using the mouse/keyboard combination
for movement with this game.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm getting
tired of PS2 hand-me-downs that simply have a
"few added features" and listening to my friends who
have the PS2 say "we had that last year!"

Sorry, had to rant there just a bit.

Icey_Princess
05-23-2002, 03:07 PM
I want Mafa not GTA :)

JJaX
05-23-2002, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Icey_Princess
I want Mafa not GTA :)

Mafa? Sounds like a new flavor of ramon Noodles :D

Dre
05-23-2002, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

Mafa? Sounds like a new flavor of ramon Noodles :D

LOL @ jjax

techie
05-23-2002, 03:25 PM
Mmmmm, MAFA, that's kind of spicy isn't it?

Dre
05-23-2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by techie
Mmmmm, MAFA, that's kind of spicy isn't it?

I thought it was more of a tang :)

techie
05-23-2002, 03:39 PM
Ah, like a Wu Tang?

Dre
05-23-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by techie
Ah, like a Wu Tang?

I don't know.. never really tasted Wu Tang b4. It doesn't look all that appetizing though... :)

melon
05-24-2002, 04:29 AM
i bet you that new GTA for PS2 (vice city, or whatever it's called) is just going to be a rehash of the first one..i don't think we should be bothered by this..we are going to be getting greater games then that, it's just taking a little time :)

Boomer
05-24-2002, 06:53 AM
Better change your mind fast!

GTA: Vice City Confirmed For PC

Earlier this week, it was confirmed that all GTA games through 2004 would be exclusive to the Playstation2. According to an article at Gamespot, the deal will not affect a possible PC release for GTA:Vice City. Take Two representatives confirmed that the exclusivity deal would only apply to the console market and that GTA:Vice City would find it's way to the PC just as GTA3 has. Check out the Article here: http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2867612,00.html

I've got high hopes for vice city (and hopefully this time it gets released the same time as the PoS2 version)

Heres a Boxshot of the PoS2 version http://www.grandtheftauto3.net/gtavicebox.jpg

kornavs19
05-24-2002, 08:20 AM
I told everyone when i first got hear that they had exclusive rights..... But no1 listened... So now u know..... :)

Hellraisr
05-24-2002, 09:13 AM
I think it has to do with all the GTA games sucking hardcore. I hate those games. I played GTA for PS and I thought it was the stupidest game I'd ever played.

Knight
05-24-2002, 09:21 AM
You know there will be a pc version of all the GTAs & they will look alot better!!

Kortiz
05-24-2002, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Hellraisr
I think it has to do with all the GTA games sucking hardcore. I hate those games. I played GTA for PS and I thought it was the stupidest game I'd ever played.

hehe, man this game isnt like the old PS1 games of GTA

GTA3 has been totally redun on a new graphics engine and even though the graphics sucked on PS2, having it be in 3D instead of watching from overhead made all the difference.

got best game of the year from a lot of mags and has gotten many many accolades for the stuff pumped into this pos2 game.