PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind update

Evil_InsidE
05-23-2002, 10:02 AM
Taken from the Morrowind forums:

One of my coworkers is at E3 this year and I asked him to stop by Bethesda's booth and inquire about the Xbox versions status. He called me at work to tell me the following. They are demoing the xbox version and it looks drop dead gorgeous. He was informed that the version they were playing was the finalized version. The game is done and going into production this friday,it should be in stores the first week of June!! I am so happy, I have been playing the pc version for about 35 hours now and it runs like crap on my Athlon 1 gigahertz. I haven't done a single quest in anticipation of the Xbox version and I have still been having a great time just exploring and killing stuff. I hope this post makes some people happy.

I don't know if this is credible, but God i hope so.

SkoalMint
05-23-2002, 10:03 AM
I sure do hope you are right. If so this is great news indeed.

MOrgE
05-23-2002, 10:05 AM
you have no idea how big of a smile you just put on my face....

:) X 10000

i just pray that it is true indeed...

i copied the PC version from my buddy last night and i am forcing myself from installing it... XBOX only!!! :)

Evil_InsidE
05-23-2002, 10:05 AM
Good news indeed.

Just passing on what I find.

Veno
05-23-2002, 10:16 AM
Anyone know how the combat system works? I hope it's like an fps inside an rpg, that would be cool but I highly doubt it... :)

MageOfTheMatrix
05-23-2002, 10:17 AM
The game was done at the same time as the pc version. It just had to go through Microsoft's quality control.

Spaztic
05-23-2002, 10:17 AM
Sweet! I have my money ready....just waiting on some final reviews!

l Maximus l
05-23-2002, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Veno
Anyone know how the combat system works? I hope it's like an fps inside an rpg, that would be cool but I highly doubt it... :)

Hey, Veno...you'll be happy to hear that the XBox version is said to have the exact same control scheme as Halo and you can play in 1st or 3rd person view!! :)

studepaber
05-23-2002, 10:21 AM
Finally a positive response from Bethesda! Between this and Hunter I may have to take a couple days off work and indulge myself in xbox goodness.

Veno
05-23-2002, 10:22 AM
Really, Max? Cool, then why are there so many complaints about the combat system? Go into the Morrowind forums, lotsa complaints.

l Maximus l
05-23-2002, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Veno
Really, Max? Cool, then why are there so many complaints about the combat system? Go into the Morrowind forums, lotsa complaints.

Well, it may be bad for the PC, but, who knows? Most of the dudes at the Morrowind forums are hardcore RPG fans that pick games apart and tend to focus on the negative things because they probably have fallen in love with Everquest or something.

The XBox version will be just like Halo's controls...using both joysticks and stuff. I'm not positive about what each specific button does quite yet, though. I would doubt that there would be grenades :D

Veno
05-23-2002, 10:28 AM
Aight then, I will not doubt it, and I will buy it the day it comes out. Though I hate to say it I don't really like 1 player games that much, I'd like to wander around with my friends on a huge island then by myself. But I'll enjoy it for about a month then trade it in.

Xtopia
05-23-2002, 11:10 AM
I would doubt that there would be grenades

What!?! No grenades!

l Maximus l
05-23-2002, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Xtopia

What!?! No grenades!

Hey, man! Don't get me wrong! If there are, it would be a pleasant surprise! :D

Xtopia
05-23-2002, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Maximus

Hey, man! Don't get me wrong! If there are, it would be a pleasant surprise! :D

LoL...that would be cool! I would email Bethesda, but if they listened, and put frags in, we may not be able to play the game until X-Mas!:eek:

WynnFire
05-23-2002, 11:41 AM
I think it's coming pretty soon. I checked the order amount for the Blockbuster I work at and it went from 1 to 2 on order.

You don't usually see the amount of something on order until about 1 to 2 weeks before we get it. I can't wait for it.

Evil_InsidE
05-23-2002, 12:33 PM
Xbox.com updated their games default page.

Morrowind is on the frontpage along with Hunter. Could this mean it will be out soon?www.xbox.com/games/default.htm (http://www.xbox.com/games/default.htm)

SkoalMint
05-23-2002, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
I would doubt that there would be grenades :D

Not even the vaunted Holy Hand Grenade???????

Master Gracey
05-23-2002, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by SkoalMint
Not even the vaunted Holy Hand Grenade???????

No, no, no... you got it all wrong!

It's the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch!

J/K... :D I just couldn't help myself.

One... Two... Five!

SkoalMint
05-23-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Master Gracey

No, no, no... you got it all wrong!

It's the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch!

J/K... :D I just couldn't help myself.

One... Two... Five!

LOL - I forgot the Antioch part. Guess it has been too long.

I think I need to watch it again. So many classic lines from that movie.

Evil_InsidE
05-23-2002, 01:41 PM
Ni

JJaX
05-23-2002, 01:44 PM
JJaX braces for the flood of monty python jokes

SkoalMint
05-23-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
JJaX braces for the flood of monty python jokes

LOL - well let me apologize in advance for opening my big mouth. :)

Vitamin D
05-23-2002, 01:52 PM
I hope this is true, I can't wait to get my paws on Morrowind.

Heh, Holy Grail rocks. They're doing a special showing of it at a theater over here tonight. Some kinda new edition with new footage...and it's brew 'n view, so I'm all over it.

Evil_InsidE
05-23-2002, 01:58 PM
How much would a Holy Grail game rock!?

Imagine all the elements of the movie in a RPG/Action game!

I think I smell a new game genre: Action/Comedy

Imagine battling the French Warlords-style only using live-stock instead of the "ball".

Players could choose to play as various Knights of the Round Table or Tim the Enchanter.

Vitamin D
05-23-2002, 02:20 PM
I fart in your general direction, you English pig-dog

JJaX
05-23-2002, 02:25 PM
**JJaX tucks his right leg to his chest

BrrrrrraaaaaP!

damn! That one stung!

Master Gracey
05-23-2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by SkoalMint
I think I need to watch it again. So many classic lines from that movie.

You most certainly do need to watch it again! And what better time than now? It's better than ever as a two-disc DVD set with 5:1 remastered sound and the 23-second "get on with it" scene restored. :D

I saw it last year in the theaters when it was rereleased...

BTW - this is a great thread! I'm at work and it's made the whole day brighter... :D

Master Gracey
05-23-2002, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Evil_InsidE
How much would a Holy Grail game rock!?

Imagine all the elements of the movie in a RPG/Action game!

I think I smell a new game genre: Action/Comedy

Imagine battling the French Warlords-style only using live-stock instead of the "ball".

Players could choose to play as various Knights of the Round Table or Tim the Enchanter.

They actually made a Holy Grail PC game a few years ago... it was well worth the $10 I paid for it on ebay last year. :D There was tons of new dialogue from Michael Palin, Terry Jones and Eric Idle... funny stuff!

AppoX
05-23-2002, 02:51 PM
i hope this is true! but this is just hear say so u never know if they guys talkin **** or not =/ how was actually there and at their table and heard this?

WynnFire
05-23-2002, 08:53 PM
Ok, I got to work today (Blockbuster Video) and the name I normally looked up Morrowind with was Morrowind but I couldn't find it today. So I tried Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind and there it was with a street date of May 31st with 2 copies on order.

Meaning that it will probably be for sale on the 30th at retail stores and 31st at Blockbusters.:D

DenniZz81
05-24-2002, 03:50 AM
cool but you should have posted the source...

Knight
05-24-2002, 01:39 PM
--------------->