PDA

View Full Version : Sony won the Console War? Toys-R-Us says it will be the Xbox!

faceoff508
05-23-2002, 02:45 PM
Makes you feel good, doesnt it? :

The head of the nation's top specialty toy retailer said Wednesday that the recent price cut for the Xbox game console had boosted sales and predicted that Microsoft's machine would become the industry's leading platform. "With the pricing adjustment that just took place, the lift in unit sales is fabulous," Toys "R" Us CEO John Eyler told other CEOs at Microsoft's annual CEO Summit gathering in Redmond, Wash. In a display of support for the U.S. software giant's bid to take a chunk of the $20 billion gaming industry away from leader Sony and its PlayStation machines, Eyler said that the Xbox would become a leading platform for games. "It is going to accelerate over time to where we have critical mass and this platform really becomes the premier (medium) of the video game industry," Eyler said.

In a flurry of price cuts last week, Microsoft cut the Xbox to $199 from $299 just after an equal cut by Sony for its dominant PlayStation 2 platform.

Casper
05-23-2002, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Motoko S9
YAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

:D

I'll have to second that!! :D

So now since there are so many PoS2 fanboys that work at EB and SoftEtc., will Toys R Us have XBA's? I sure hope so! ;)

Master Gracey
05-23-2002, 02:58 PM
I know this is miniscule, but big on a psychological level:

There's an ad for Circuit City playing on some of the Denver radio stations that are announcing the price cuts for Xbox and PS2. They say it about 10 times in the ad and every single time, it's said "Xbox and PS2". :D I know that's just a minor detail, but anything that puts Xbox before PS2 is fine with me... it paints a psychological picture of the Xbox coming first.

And in my own defense, I must interject that we have the radio on at work. I wouldn't touch any radio station if someone was holding a gun to my head. :D

Xbox Owner
05-23-2002, 03:05 PM
That is really good news. Do you have a link though?:)

LynxFX
05-23-2002, 03:35 PM
I just went to Taco Bell and the guy at the drivethru was wearing his Xbox t-shirt again. :)

Xbox Owner
05-23-2002, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
I just went to Taco Bell and the guy at the drivethru was wearing his Xbox t-shirt again. :)

LoL?!
Was he really?!
Haha, that's crazy.

:D

faceoff508
05-23-2002, 03:58 PM
I dont have a link because I found it in another XBOX site!

FuNkY mOnK
05-23-2002, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508

The head of the nation's top specialty toy retailer said Wednesday that the recent price cut for the Xbox game console had boosted sales and predicted that Microsoft's machine would become the industry's leading platform. "With the pricing adjustment that just took place, the lift in unit sales is fabulous," Toys "R" Us CEO John Eyler told other CEOs at Microsoft's annual CEO Summit gathering in Redmond, Wash. In a display of support for the U.S. software giant's bid to take a chunk of the $20 billion gaming industry away from leader Sony and its PlayStation machines, Eyler said that the Xbox would become a leading platform for games. "It is going to accelerate over time to where we have critical mass and this platform really becomes the premier (medium) of the video game industry," Eyler said.

In a flurry of price cuts last week, Microsoft cut the Xbox to $199 from $299 just after an equal cut by Sony for its dominant PlayStation 2 platform.

can you please post a link?

faceoff508
05-23-2002, 04:29 PM
I found it at this site:
http://forum.xbox365.com/ubb-data/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=003637

I will ask him where he got it from.

Xtopia
05-23-2002, 05:04 PM
It is on the XBA main page...;)

Xboxfan123
05-23-2002, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508

LOL. How much did MS pay them to say that? Oh yeah MS is an "honest" company.

Kortiz
05-24-2002, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Xboxfan123

and sony is REAL honest...right?

trying to declare SC2 exclusive to Sony?

yeah right, try letting that blow over.

Sony is just as greedy as MS and Nintendo

you are making yourself sound more and more stupid every day man

FuNkY mOnK
05-24-2002, 07:58 PM

you have declared war upon yourself silly mortal, take your jibberish to the xbox vs ps2 forum, aleast show some respect in general discusion. you have just made your worst enemy. and an unplesent stay here.

http://www.yoursighost.com/members/funkymonk/sig2.jpg

stingu
05-25-2002, 11:47 PM

Don't despair. . . this is coming from our northern neighbor who bought an Xbox and turned it in for a Sony PS2. So, you now must be second guessing your return . . . right? Or why the heck are you still posting HERE???????

Shouldn't you be posting on the PS2 boards how great the PS2 is instead of being here??????