PDA

View Full Version : Geuss How Much STEEL BATTALION is going to cost you!!

faceoff508
05-23-2002, 05:03 PM
Well I found it on a site:

Like the look of that mighty 40-button controller that goes with Capcom's insane mech title? Better get the balaclava and swag bag

18:12 Unless you fancy being Bill Gates live-in lover, the only way you're going to fully experience the ridiculous thrills of Steel Battalion on Xbox, with its heavyweight 40-button controller, is to have the bank account of Scrooge McDuck.
During its E3 press conference, a spokesperson for Capcom stated that, in order to make any kind of profit from Steel Batallion, the game would have to retail at a staggeringly prohibitive $300-$400. Which makes Dreamcast's Samba di Amigo look about as expensive as a Big Issue seller. With fleas.

Realistically, it's no surprise that the package is set to be so pricey, since the peripheral required is one of the most complex ever seen in videogames - and those fortunate enough to obtain one will doubtless reap a distinctly unique reward from the incredible-looking action title. It's just a shame that such a fantastic exclusive title for Xbox to have is a little bit too exclusive for the average gamer to afford.

Xtopia
05-23-2002, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508
Well I found it on a site:

Like the look of that mighty 40-button controller that goes with Capcom's insane mech title? Better get the balaclava and swag bag

18:12 Unless you fancy being Bill Gates live-in lover, the only way you're going to fully experience the ridiculous thrills of Steel Battalion on Xbox, with its heavyweight 40-button controller, is to have the bank account of Scrooge McDuck.
During its E3 press conference, a spokesperson for Capcom stated that, in order to make any kind of profit from Steel Batallion, the game would have to retail at a staggeringly prohibitive $300-$400. Which makes Dreamcast's Samba di Amigo look about as expensive as a Big Issue seller. With fleas.

Realistically, it's no surprise that the package is set to be so pricey, since the peripheral required is one of the most complex ever seen in videogames - and those fortunate enough to obtain one will doubtless reap a distinctly unique reward from the incredible-looking action title. It's just a shame that such a fantastic exclusive title for Xbox to have is a little bit too exclusive for the average gamer to afford.

I thought that Americans would not even get Steel Batillion...:confused:

DZNUTZ
05-23-2002, 05:10 PM
no big surprise..i knew it was gonna be alot...i thougt a lil less then that..but i knew it was gonna be pricey....its unfortnate that it is so expensive. I love the way that their pushing the envelope and are making immersive products such as this...i just hope that the lack of sales due to the price ...the the loss that their probably gonna take doesn't discourage them from being so inovative.

they might be able to sell more if the controller was compatible with MORE games.

Spaztic
05-23-2002, 05:13 PM
Damn! That is expensive.....and to think I wouldn't have payed $20 for that thing! let alone 50 for a simulator mech game...Yawn!

VeNoMiZA
05-23-2002, 05:24 PM
for that much it should bring a buitl in xbox lol.man that's alot of money to waste.hmm it should bring a tv or somthingthat would be kool.:) and maybe a monkey and automatic drink servers,that would kool also,how bout a little bill gates drummer toy?

Kooster
05-23-2002, 05:38 PM
Thats a lot of money for a game. who would actually buy it?

Spaztic
05-23-2002, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Motoko S9

Not me.

That's such a f*ckin rip off...I mean, I know they need to make money off of it, but $300-$400?! HELL NO! That's more than my Xbox. They can have their crappy "steel battalion". :mad:

the game looked lame anyways.....who in their right mind would pay that much for a controller you can only use for this game?

l Maximus l
05-23-2002, 05:51 PM
Uh....that's how they are going to make a profit? BWAHAHAHA!! Dudes...I'm a business man and I can tell you already that is no way to make a profit!

Hell, why not sell the XBox for $1000?!?!? Now, that sounds like a great idea for Microsoft, huh? BWAHAHAHHAA!!

Okay...but, seriously now...they need to take into consideration of Economics 101: Supply and Demand. The first thing they need to start thinking about is making other compatible games for that controller...maybe a Mech Helicopter game or something...who knows? Or a Mech Astronaut game pretending like you are flying a NASA space craft. There's no possible way that they were so blind to even start this project knowing that the demand would be so little for a price like that for one game.

I know this game looks cool..but, they need to figure something out before they get my $300-400.

LynxFX
05-23-2002, 05:55 PM
Only way this game and contoller would succede is in the arcade.

40 button controller? I have 120 keys on my keyboard and it cost me $15.

Piccolo_DBz
05-23-2002, 06:18 PM
If it was 150 I would've gotten it but now I don't really know if I'll get it.

CALzinger
05-23-2002, 06:21 PM
well, i wouldn't mind a huge a$s 40 button controller siting in my lap so i could blast away harmless DuDEs, but $400 just puts it way over my limit

maybe u can play the game with the standard controller? but have a bit less fun...

Piccolo_DBz
05-23-2002, 06:40 PM
No you can't play it with the XBoxcontroller

Also this isn't confirmed lets b*tch when we hear the official word:p

OEM Alien
05-23-2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by hotshot657
Thats a lot of money for a game. who would actually buy it? maybe if it was online, had downloadable maps (lots of them) and you get a feee cable modem, and a year for free on xbox live. if not NO WAY! 300 - 400 is a rediculous price! ...i wonder if i can find one hot off the streetz. :)

Hugh_Jass
05-23-2002, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508

During its E3 press conference, a spokesperson for Capcom stated that, in order to make any kind of profit from Steel Batallion, the game would have to retail at a staggeringly prohibitive $300-$400.

::gulp!::

I hope this isn't true. I *MUST* own this game/controller. How many months do I have before this game gets released? I need to start saving. :D

dougi3000
05-24-2002, 01:15 AM
i think it will cost $75.

nobody in their freakin mind would buy a game for $400!

OEM Alien
05-24-2002, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by dougi3000
i think it will cost $75.

nobody in their freakin mind would buy a game for $400! do you mean $75 for the huge controller thing plus the game (in a package deal), or $75 for just the controller, and another $50 for the game?

Piccolo_DBz
05-24-2002, 01:54 AM
The game can't be played without the controller so I doubt it will be separate. I also have a gut feeling that it WON'T be 300-400 dollars. I say it will be 150 to 200 dollars (Game and Controller).

UltraMuffin
05-24-2002, 02:41 AM
If Capcom truly needs to sell the game for $300-400 to profit from it... I wonder why they even made it in the first place. I mean, they must have known the controller would super expensive. So incredibly few people would buy the game at that price, there would be no possible way for them to make money off it... I would imagine... You'd really have to be a hardcore mech lover to buy it at that price, or a bored pilot or something hehe

MOrgE
05-24-2002, 08:37 AM
for that kinda money, i think you'd be able to rent a REAL tank for the day or something... mind you, the missle and machine guns being extra :)

Knight
05-24-2002, 09:03 AM
No Way will I buy it for $300 I can get 6 XBox games!!

dougi3000
05-24-2002, 11:16 AM
$75 for the game and the controller.

actually, controllers are really cheap to manufacture, buttons and joysticks are cheap as well. I dont know where you got the $400 number.

I could probably make my own for less than $50 if i had the USB controller chip.

The only real cost to manufacturing is getting the molds and assembly ready for manufacturing, once those are set, they can probably roll out controllers for less than $20 each.

Taranis
05-24-2002, 12:00 PM
In case you haven't seen it. I think it's got to be a blast to play...once you rob that bank.

:eek:

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/steelbat_052002_28.jpg

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/steelbat_052002_27.jpg

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/steelbat_052002_29.jpg