PDA

View Full Version : Looks like PERFECT DARK 0 is comming to xbox!!!!

OEM Alien
05-23-2002, 08:21 PM
WHOO!!!!!!
in the OXM this month it has a little article with a picture of PERFECT DARK 0!!!! looks like it's on its way to xbox from RARE!!!! sweeet! MORE FPS !!!!! YAAAAAHHOOOOOOOIIIIE!!!!!!!!!!! :)

VenoM
05-23-2002, 08:24 PM
noooooooooooooooooo..dont want rare to turn thrid party :(

Laxeph
05-23-2002, 08:27 PM
That is Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Perfect Dark Owns!!!!!!!!!!!

RadRider
05-23-2002, 08:28 PM
So Rare is officially multiplatform then? I heard the rumors of it happening, but I never heard the official announcement yet.

Brevity
05-23-2002, 08:28 PM
OMG I love PD and bought a GC thinking of this game. I want it and I want it linkable. I cant wait,,,,,THANKS:eek:

silvertrace
05-23-2002, 08:31 PM
perfect dark was the best fps on n64, Flat Out..............:eek:

to hear its coming to xbox is music to my ears, i can only wait for the multiplayer and that lovely laptop gun..............:cool:

AND PERFECT SIMS, this is gonna be sweet !!!!!!!!!!!!!

OEM Alien
05-23-2002, 08:37 PM
oh yes! it says that RARE has already had the xbox dev kits for several months now!!!! whoo hooo!!!!! shweeet! :D :cool: the pic of joanna dark looks kewl, very "xboxish"!!!!!!!:cool: :cool: :cool:

Dutch
05-23-2002, 08:43 PM
can someone post the pic, i havent gotten my OXM yet

JewishBomb
05-23-2002, 08:48 PM
Wow! i can't wait, i bet it will be better then Halo. When i had N64 rare made all the best games and i bet it will do the same for XBOX!

OEM Alien
05-23-2002, 08:59 PM
"RARE ON XBOX"
"Now we're not ones to go spreading around rumors, but we've heard one to many whispers from our industry pals to let this nibble pass. It seems that Rare, the storied developer of Donkey Kong Country, GoldenEye, Diddy Kong Racing, Banjo Kazooie, and Perfect Dark is expanding it's operations to create games for the Xbox. Some sources close to the developer even say that Rare has had the Xbox development kits for several months now and is already hard at work. If this is true Xbox owners should be happy because it means that we'll be getting some great new games, and we could be getting them soon. You can forget about any titles that feature Donkey Kong, Star Fox, or other Nintendo characters, but Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooi, and other Rare-owned franchises could easily make the jump." - oxm magazine page 26... author - i don't know it doesn't say. :)

they also say maybe killer instinct and banjo kazooie might be on the way as well. :cool:

btw - i can't post a pic i have no scanner.

silvertrace
05-23-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by OEM Alien
"RARE ON XBOX"
they also say maybe killer instinct and banjo kazooie might be on the way as well. :cool:

OMG, Killer Instinct on xbox would be SICK :eek:

*silver pulls n64 out of the closet and fires up killer instinct in preparation ;)

Icey_Princess
05-23-2002, 09:25 PM
It cant be true Rare has a 5 year contract with Nintendo. If they break it theres hell to pay.... :eek:

sinizuh
05-23-2002, 09:27 PM
I agree with Icey_Princess

OEM Alien
05-23-2002, 09:30 PM
i don't know. i already heard ms bought Rare... BOUGHT THEM. *shruggs*

cracchus
05-23-2002, 09:31 PM
Isn't OXM just repeating the rumor that we've all heard already? I don't think this makes it any more official. It's still a rumor at this point.

OEM Alien
05-23-2002, 09:35 PM
sounds real to me. and the pic of joanna dark looks like an xbox game's graphics, kinda like the cover picture of last months oxm with the chick from brute force on the cover.. it looks almost just like it (with smaller tah tahs) but different uniform (like in perfect dark) and has shiny plate armor on her, very cool looking.

Kortiz
05-23-2002, 09:37 PM
Icey is scared, she told me she was scared.

hehe just jokin lil lady

Marc
05-23-2002, 09:45 PM
Never say never...and never underestimate MS.

OEM Alien
05-23-2002, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Marc
Never say never...and never underestimate MS. never say... "NEVER AGAIN!"
heh

Kooster
05-23-2002, 10:11 PM
u guys are starting rumors... oxm never said that rare is coming to xbox. they said it might, but i doubt it. they also said gta3 was coming to xbox, and look what happened

Hickboy
05-23-2002, 10:14 PM
There is no hide nor hair mentioning of Xbox or PS2 on Rare's site from I can see all they talk about Is GC and GBA for there forthcoming projects.

Crazy Joe
05-23-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by hotshot657
u guys are starting rumors... oxm never said that rare is coming to xbox. they said it might, but i doubt it. they also said gta3 was coming to xbox, and look what happened

you beat me to it, i was going to say the same thing. there is a reason that it's called the rumour mole, OXM talked how many times about GTA3, but yet, it ain't coming, at least not until 2004.

On that 5 year contract, when did those 5 years start? They have been making games for Nintendo for more than 5 years, and contracts can be bought out as well. Just like in monopoly, MS lends Rare a couple of million, Rare says "here you go Nintendo, i think this covers what i owe you", MS says "Yaaaaaa!! Rare is on our side!"

it could happen.

OEM Alien
05-23-2002, 10:20 PM
i'm not starting any rumors. it says just what i posted on page 26

"RARE ON XBOX"
"Now we're not ones to go spreading around rumors, but we've heard one to many whispers from our industry pals to let this nibble pass. It seems that Rare, the storied developer of Donkey Kong Country, GoldenEye, Diddy Kong Racing, Banjo Kazooie, and Perfect Dark is expanding it's operations to create games for the Xbox. Some sources close to the developer even say that Rare has had the Xbox development kits for several months now and is already hard at work. If this is true Xbox owners should be happy because it means that we'll be getting some great new games, and we could be getting them soon. You can forget about any titles that feature Donkey Kong, Star Fox, or other Nintendo characters, but Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooi, and other Rare-owned franchises could easily make the jump." - oxm magazine page 26

Icey_Princess
05-23-2002, 11:09 PM
http://www.n-sider.com/main.php?page=news/052102rareware.htm :(

Kortiz
05-23-2002, 11:19 PM
for the time being, i reckon 5 years and ms/sony will bury rare's commitment, unless nintendo quickly buys rare

bbchs_trash
05-23-2002, 11:33 PM
It cant be true Rare has a 5 year contract with Nintendo. If they break it theres hell to pay....

And so God created hell!

And along with it he made evryone's favorite "devil", Bill Gates, and so let it be known that he can pay for whatever hell Nintendo might fire up!

LOL, like that one?

OEM Alien
05-24-2002, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Gortholomew

you beat me to it, i was going to say the same thing. there is a reason that it's called the rumour mole, OXM talked how many times about GTA3, but yet, it ain't coming, at least not until 2004.

On that 5 year contract, when did those 5 years start? They have been making games for Nintendo for more than 5 years, and contracts can be bought out as well. Just like in monopoly, MS lends Rare a couple of million, Rare says "here you go Nintendo, i think this covers what i owe you", MS says "Yaaaaaa!! Rare is on our side!"

it could happen. no dude. it's NOT in the rumor mole section. it's in the all access section. wait till you get your oxm, you'll see.
as for all the people that don't think it's true go get the new oxm and see for yourself.

Slacker
05-24-2002, 03:36 AM
I think Rare will come to the Box, and PS2 I would wan't my product on all three consoles,

GTA3 note: I think Sony got Rockstar due to Rockstars Legal trouble , sony May have bailed them out of hot water any way when you think of MS just remember the Movie "pirates of Silicon Valley" .... and then remember that Bill Gates is a 21st Century
Alexander the great, he will conquer the known world ,,, (but won't die a drunk at age 33...since he is like older....yeah well ya know ....*shut up slacker* ..

cracchus
05-24-2002, 08:13 AM
Shane Satterfield of Gamespot recently confirmed this rumor, too. I can't point you to the quote (it was on TXB, I think), but he said something along the lines of this: He heard from a very reliable source that Rare is going multiplatform. He said that if you knew who he got the information from, you'd have no doubt it was true. He said he expected to hear official confirmation in a few days.

Granted, it's still just a rumor, but having someone like Shane back it up makes it sound pretty credible.

melon
05-24-2002, 02:13 PM
i didn't even get my OXM in the mail yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wweomaniac
05-24-2002, 03:05 PM
I don't think PD 0 is coming to xbox. They're just speculating the games that may come to xbox... pd 0 just happened to be one of the games. It means nothing. I know theyre a third party developer... but it doesnt mean that pd is coming to xbox any day soon.

Icey_Princess
05-24-2002, 03:08 PM
Actually Rare is a first party developer for Nintendo...

JJaX
05-24-2002, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Icey_Princess
Actually Rare is a first party developer for Nintendo...

But rumors have been going around they are about to be 3rd party

wweomaniac
05-24-2002, 05:06 PM
rare isn't a first party developer. I remember seeing the news of their official third party move on xba news. Maybe you'll be able to find it in the archives.