PDA

View Full Version : *~The Women of Halo~*

bbchs_trash
05-23-2002, 11:08 PM
Just know when I was thinking of something to post about Halo, it popped into me head. There was only 1 female character throughout the whole game and she wasn't even human. Cortana, was the only woman throughout the entire game. Could the future of our military lie in the hands of men? If so, then we are in good condition. I think this further makes my point more lear, women don't belong on the front line, but rather helping build things, or run the missions through the computers. It also occured to me that they never specified a unique national leader. There was no verification on who you were technically fighting for. Does World Peace actually happen in the future of Halo, or do the races get whiped out by the whites? I don't remember seeing but one black person throughout the entire process of the game, and he ends up dying in the end. I don't want to strike up contraversey, I just thought that these were some funny points that I haven't noticed until now, and you probably haven't either...

JohnB
05-23-2002, 11:15 PM
http://home.satx.rr.com/gazeme/interesting.jpg

RadRider
05-23-2002, 11:44 PM
Ah ha! Good one john. Seriously though, there was another woman in Halo. Remember the pilot who crashed the ship you were on, into Halo in the first place?

I've also noticed at least two black men fighting among the ranks, and several latin-american's, and asians.

If you listen to the voices, you hear several different ethnic voices also.

Spike Minoda
05-24-2002, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by RadRider
Ah ha! Good one john. Seriously though, there was another woman in Halo. Remember the pilot who crashed the ship you were on, into Halo in the first place?

I've also noticed at least two black men fighting among the ranks, and several latin-american's, and asians.

If you listen to the voices, you hear several different ethnic voices also.

Sergeant Johnson. You kill him and he's in the next level..

*cough* FOE HAMMER *cough*

OEM Alien
05-24-2002, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by bbchs_trash
Just know when I was thinking of something to post about Halo, it popped into me head. There was only 1 female character throughout the whole game and she wasn't even human. Cortana, was the only woman throughout the entire game. Could the future of our military lie in the hands of men? If so, then we are in good condition. I think this further makes my point more lear, women don't belong on the front line, but rather helping build things, or run the missions through the computers. It also occured to me that they never specified a unique national leader. There was no verification on who you were technically fighting for. Does World Peace actually happen in the future of Halo, or do the races get whiped out by the whites? I don't remember seeing but one black person throughout the entire process of the game, and he ends up dying in the end. I don't want to strike up contraversey, I just thought that these were some funny points that I haven't noticed until now, and you probably haven't either... ROFLMAO! yeah... the "whites" are going to kill everyone else off. LMAO! and shame on you sonnmy boy for making that sexist statement about women not being equal to men and not being frontline material, SHAME ON YOU LITTLE SEXIST YOU! :) heh, that's some queer sounding ***** huh. hehe :D

JJaX
05-24-2002, 07:45 AM
Where in the hell do you people find these great pictures!?!!!?!?

hahahahahaha this is some s4it!

LynxFX
05-24-2002, 10:48 AM
Could the future of our military lie in the hands of men? If so, then we are in good condition. I think this further makes my point more lear, women don't belong on the front line, but rather helping build things, or run the missions through the computers.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Icey_Princess
05-24-2002, 10:59 AM
Thats why i want Metroid Prime the star of the game is a girl! Which is kinda rare unless she is half exposed*cough*Tomb Raider *cough*:mad:.

RadRider
05-24-2002, 11:02 AM
But Metroid looks like ass. Why play Metroid when you could be playing Brute Force? That game has two women in it as leads, and only one man and one alien. You could say Microsoft are discriminating against men and aliens :)

And Duality, you can play as a man or woman in that. Yay! For equal representation!

Then there's The Unseen, which features a woman, with superpowers, as the lead.

JJaX
05-24-2002, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Icey_Princess
Thats why i want Metroid Prime the star of the game is a girl! Which is kinda rare unless she is half exposed*cough*Tomb Raider *cough*:mad:.

True, But lets not forget that nintendo still exploited the fact that she was a girl. Smash brothers for example, If Samus was being hit or shocked you would see her in her B-day suit if paused at the right frame.

UltimateAg
05-24-2002, 11:30 AM
Just know when I was thinking of something to post about Halo, it popped into me head. There was only 1 female character throughout the whole game and she wasn't even human. Cortana, was the only woman throughout the entire game. Could the future of our military lie in the hands of men? If so, then we are in good condition. I think this further makes my point more lear, women don't belong on the front line, but rather helping build things, or run the missions through the computers. It also occured to me that they never specified a unique national leader. There was no verification on who you were technically fighting for. Does World Peace actually happen in the future of Halo, or do the races get whiped out by the whites? I don't remember seeing but one black person throughout the entire process of the game, and he ends up dying in the end. I don't want to strike up contraversey, I just thought that these were some funny points that I haven't noticed until now, and you probably haven't either...

Cortana and the female pilot at the beginning of the Halo are the only females you see, but every single pilot's voice is female! The future Air Force must be only female. And Sarge is the most popular/common marine in the game. Nearly 3/4 of the marines in the game I've come in contact with speak with latino accents.

l Maximus l
05-24-2002, 11:56 AM

I agree with you for the most part. I think men belong on the front lines except for a few select die hard women. It's just a fact that more men typically are on the front lines versus women. I think it's in our human nature.

But, the beauty of everything is how men and women work together...like you said, many women are still fighting in war, however, may not necessarily be on the front lines. I think we work together very well.

And, as an aside, I think those pictures are funny as hell!! :D

melon
05-24-2002, 02:19 PM
What a bunch of weird pictures!

Spike Minoda
05-25-2002, 05:09 PM
sure... no really sure...

MixMasta
05-25-2002, 05:17 PM
what about those little grunts, they are women, lol

Spike Minoda
05-25-2002, 06:22 PM
Did anyone even hear me say FOE HAMMER?! She kicks ass!

MerimacHamwich
05-25-2002, 08:28 PM
At the beggining there are two pilots on the Pillar of Autumn who are men, then you get in the escape pod with a white girl; she dies in the crash. Then throughout the rest of the game, the only other pilot you interact with is foe hammer (a black woman). Then like radrider said there are many Latinos , black guys and austrailians etc who help you out. So in fact there can be nothing implied from the characters you interact with except maybe that women are pilots and men are marines/special ops. Which in my opinion makes sense becuase mens bodies are built to withstand more punishment than a womans. Its just a fact of nature. We have the skeleton which is built to carry large masses of muscles and women have one that is ment to nurture. So frankly i think this game has a good representation of what the army/navy/airforces of the world should be like. Non discrimanary on race and put poeple who have the genetics to fight in the front lines and those who do not in the supporting roles of the military. Remember its an army of one (we work as one unit). So every position counts.

Alien
05-25-2002, 08:45 PM
MerimacHamwich, that's a good point.

Spike Minoda
05-25-2002, 09:29 PM
on the sc there is a male pelican pilot, bravo 21 i think. then on 343gs there is another male pilot, victor 73.

Rowdie
05-26-2002, 02:32 AM
Am I the only one who thinks it's funny that women continually crash the transporters? :cool:

Spike Minoda
05-27-2002, 11:56 AM
Why do you think that women are the only pilots of the PELICANS? Look at my post above. There are male dropship pilots also. On aotcr when you get to the bridge, there is a pelican that drops off 5 marines (yes I watched) way below you. It goes on to get shot down in the next room where you get the tank.

CALzinger
05-27-2002, 08:12 PM
honestly, maybe it is possible that there are some female grunts perhaps?