PDA

View Full Version : Counter-Strike

Felon
05-24-2002, 01:25 AM
XBN says its commin fer Xbox.....I love that game....even 1.4. I cant wait.

OEM Alien
05-24-2002, 01:42 AM
:rolleyes:

Felon
05-24-2002, 05:19 AM
IMO the Return To Castle Wolfenstien multiplayer sucks ass. The Single Player game was great though. JK II Outcast was better than Wolf.

Whisper
05-24-2002, 05:47 AM
:rolleyes:

melon
05-24-2002, 01:47 PM
yeah, i think microsoft said it was coming

Snoopy7548
05-24-2002, 02:23 PM
it'll be stupid on the xbox. i cant imagine playing that game without a keyboard and mouse, and even with those, im still pretty bad at it. ill just rent the game, and anyway, i can play it for free whenever i want on my computer:D

MerimacHamwich
05-24-2002, 02:35 PM
The way I see it, these are the terms on which it will be good, if they stray it'll have potential to be just as frustrating as for computer.
1.Update graphics
2.Somehow stop the jumping fools
3.Prevent hackers
4.Smooth online play
5.Halo southpaw controls
6.Incorporate known military and terrorist weapons(Airliners not included).
7.When shot where armor is not present, make the limb slower or disabled depending on the seriousness of the injury.
8.Perhaps include a feature where if you have a bad injury for a long time your screen fades as if you were passing out from the pain. Also include a medikit or heal skills to prevet this.
9.Make the player able to interact with everything around him/her. Such as toss over tables in a market level for protection (like in mob movies).
10.Make multiple veiws available.
11.Including shootdodging that you can shoot while doing. Like rolling and shooting
(like in action movies).

sinizuh
05-24-2002, 02:40 PM
cs for xbox will be CZ, CS and brand new Xbox content. not to mention upgraded graphics and such...

but i don't know how well it will do up against Unreal Championship.

RadRider
05-24-2002, 05:59 PM
Take jumping out completely! I hate when games make a designated jump button, but you never need to jump! Like in Everquest, Anarchy Online, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, etc.

Snoopy7548
05-24-2002, 06:01 PM
in cs 1.4, u cant jump like they used to. when u jump, it slows u down for like a second, so its pretty useless to jump

VeNoMiZA
05-24-2002, 06:34 PM
maybe if it has the halo engine with melee attacks it will be awesome lets say we add more blood
when someone gets shot it shows the wound
make it fun
make it fun
had to repeat that
hmm hpow bout some dam amazing graphics with new guns and awesome looking models
one question though will it be downloadable or paid for???

RadRider
05-24-2002, 07:29 PM
Paid for. You can't download full games onto the Xbox hard drive. Maybe, if they released single player half life, then maybe they would release an addon disc for free that contained Counter Strike, but considering they didn't release a free addon disc for the PC version of Half Life, I think the answer is clear.

hook-worm J
05-24-2002, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
in cs 1.4, u cant jump like they used to. when u jump, it slows u down for like a second, so its pretty useless to jump

I've played plenty of CS, and jumping is not useless anymore... What about getting onto boxes, ect, and getting to hard to reach places to plant the C4 ? Its not useless.

Shoua
05-24-2002, 10:32 PM
I can't wait for this game. Counterstrike will be sweet with the Xbox communicator.

sinizuh
05-24-2002, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by RadRider
Take jumping out completely!

why not make all enemies into 2D sprites and call it "Doom Strike" :P

MerimacHamwich
05-25-2002, 12:37 AM
I can see how you might want jumping to get into hard to reach places. However, this is supposed to be a game in which you are a special op or terrorist in the middle of a battle. Do you really think that if you were fighting against these guys in real life you would go running around and jumping everywhere and shooting like crazy at anything you see? I would have to say no, you would be capped within like the 1st 2 seconds of any crap you try to attempt like that. I just think it totally ruins what the game is all about and turns it into a crappy fluke fest. Me and Radrider were discussing this and he suggested that maybe using the action buton could substitue for a "jump" button. For example: you see a box you want to get on, so you walk up to it press the "action button" and then your guy would climb onto it. Or perhaps in a situation where the thing is to high to climb onto you press the action button and your character jumps up and grabs onto the ledge or whatever and pulls himself up. What about all the gadgets that special ops officers have in real life? What im trying to say is that a "jump" button is not necessary.