PDA

View Full Version : Trigger Finger Soar from Hunter!!!

JJaX
05-24-2002, 08:05 AM
Yo i got Hunter yesterday. This game is off the chain people. :D
We played for like 2 hours 3 player mode. Then i played a 2 player game for about 2 hours. THen i played single player for about half an hour.

My trigger was getting soar while playing. But now its the next day and i fell like i sprained it or some s4it. Does anyone else feel like it takes endurance to play hunter? Damn my finger feels wierd......

BTW, I use the Martyr Chick. The one with the duel pistols and Knifes. Jebus this game ownz me!!! Do yourself a favor and go buy hunter. I feel this is the Best game since Halo.

Highlite23
05-24-2002, 08:32 AM
AMEN BROTHEA'!!!!!!!

GO GET THINS GAME...NOW...REALLY GO...NOW!!!!!!!!!!

I said it in another thread...How cool would Hunter 2 be on XBOX LIVE!!!:eek:

Veno
05-24-2002, 08:34 AM
hey, what do you think i am, a moron? I've checked my local compusa and best buy every day for the past 3 days and i just checked 5 minutes ago. It's not in yet!!

JJaX
05-24-2002, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by highlite23
AMEN BROTHEA'!!!!!!!

GO GET THINS GAME...NOW...REALLY GO...NOW!!!!!!!!!!

I said it in another thread...How cool would Hunter 2 be on XBOX LIVE!!!:eek:

Hell yeah, With the voice communicator! Man Hunter really is a great game.

Veno
05-24-2002, 08:39 AM
it's not gonna be on xbox live, fogedda boud it.

JJaX
05-24-2002, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Veno
hey, what do you think i am, a moron? I've checked my local compusa and best buy every day for the past 3 days and i just checked 5 minutes ago. It's not in yet!!

Yes you are a moron. Stores should have gotten it yesterday.
Im not the type to make a thread pretending i got a game and say how good it is. The games out hero............

Veno
05-24-2002, 08:48 AM
Hey, wtf, I did not flame you, and I did not claim that you're pretending to own the game. In my local stores it has not come in yet, that's all I said.

Ninja Scroll
05-24-2002, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by JJaX

Im not the type to make a thread pretending i got a game and say how good it is. The games out hero............

YO Jjax, he may be right, cause Best Buy is notoriously known to get games late.
That's what happened when I was in their store 2 days after Genma Onimusha came out and they never got it until like 3 days after the release.
Unless it's a high profile game dont hold your breath for a on time Best Buy release.:rolleyes:

JJaX
05-24-2002, 08:52 AM
My bad veno! With commecnt like "what do you think i am a moron" you gave me the impression that you thought i was making it up. Its unfortunate that you have to wait for Best buy to get there games in stock. Go to the mall and swing by any game store and pick up your copy.

Veno
05-24-2002, 08:53 AM
Should I check funcoland? Do they even have xbox stuff? Haven't been there in 2 years.

JJaX
05-24-2002, 08:55 AM
Should I check funcoland? Do they even have xbox stuff? Haven't been there in 2 years.

http://www.411.com

Call them

Veno
05-24-2002, 08:56 AM
Hmmm... I am really bored this weekend and the mall of america is 15 minutes away... interesting... aight, but I'm gonna call the huge game store there first just in case it's not in at best buy becuz it's gonna be late for the whole state of minnesota.

Highlite23
05-24-2002, 09:33 AM
Hey Veno, definettly hit Funcoland, although there all known as Game Stop now. Thats my source for all my games, and yes they have XBOX stuff...

And a great return policy, Buy the game, if you don't like it return it within 7 days for FULL CREDIT ! Can't beat that.

I frequent 4 local Game Stops, and all but 1 was sold out by yesterday afternoon, Good Luck !!

Knight
05-24-2002, 09:35 AM

BTW, I use the Martyr Chick. The one with the duel pistols and Knifes. Jebus this game ownz me!!! Do yourself a favor and go buy hunter. I feel this is the Best game since Halo.

Why did you use Speed Girl??
I use the Cop!!

Dre
05-24-2002, 09:38 AM

Dude he's right.. I've been going to my local stores for the past couple of days and they don't have it in yet. I wish I would have pre-ordered this.. going to get it tonight though!

JJaX
05-24-2002, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Knight

Why did you use Speed Girl??
I use the Cop!!

Cause my cousin picked her and i rather be her. THe speed girl is bad ass man. I can run through a pack of zombies cutting of heads and limbs. Cart wheel while busting off shots matrix style, 20 shots per clip too. Blam BlaM Blam BlaM Blam BlaM Blam BlaM Blam BlaM Blam BlaM Blam BlaM Blam BlaM Blam BlaM Blam BlaM :cool:

And tell me it isnt bad ass when she switches to her guns or knives. She twirls them around. And she flips the bird as her taunt. How sweet is this game!

BTW
Why did you use the cop??
I use the Speed Girl!! :cool:

XBOX Dude
05-24-2002, 09:43 AM
holly crap i thought was the only one with a soar finger this game kicks ass

Veno
05-24-2002, 09:46 AM
Since when is Funcoland called Gamestop? Wow I'm out of it or somethin, never even heard that.

XBOX Dude
05-24-2002, 09:49 AM
i like the speed chick she is bad ass but i prefer the avenger nothing beats choppin heads with an ax and shootin for you life with a shot gun his reload is so cool:p

Veno
05-24-2002, 09:54 AM
No one's talkin about the priest, and that's who i wanted to be :mad: , heh, what does he suck or osmething?

JJaX
05-24-2002, 09:58 AM
No one's talkin about the priest, and that's who i wanted to be :mad: , heh, what does he suck or osmething?

I played with him for like 5 minutes. Hes got a really strong cross bow and a big ass sword.

Veno
05-24-2002, 10:00 AM
doesn't sound too interesting...

Ninja Scroll
05-24-2002, 10:01 AM
My d@mn computer at work is driving me crazy right about now.
I think im gonna have to re-boot dis beeootch!!:mad: It's so f'n slow dis morning!:o

Anyways, who's everyones favorite Hunter? I see JJax likes dat skinny bubble gum teen bopper shick with da dual guns.

Ninja Jubei on da other hand loves "Samantha" (I think her last name is Alexander, cant remember?) for all the right reasons.
Not only is she hot as hell, but she's "representin" if ya know what I mean!:cool:

And da chick is not only rocking da infamous "Magnum" revolver from RE, but he is also sporting XBA's-Icon Ninja Scroll's "Katana Sword", how can I not love this women.
And she has the special ability to heal everyones heath!:p

I have not tried the other characters because I actually fell asleep during that boring ass SmackDown show and woke up around 12:30 am and was like OMG!!:confused: I have not played my new game yet!
What will I tell my XBA familia tomorrow!!!:eek: :o :eek:
So I put in a good hour and a half and then took my ass to bed.:D

Anywho, im gonna post some pics of this Hunter Hottie! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm huuuuuuuuuunter chiiiiick It's like graaaaaaaaaaaavy!:p

Knight
05-24-2002, 10:01 AM
The priest is the only one I havn't try yet But I don't like the Speed Girl she's too weak!!

JJaX
05-24-2002, 10:02 AM
If you were to describe this game what would you say?

I would say its part Gauntlet(the only good part, EXP points and strength building), part house of the dead, part zombies ate my neighbors, part resident evil.

It takes all the best attributes of these games and blends it so well. Im really impressed by this game.

JJaX
05-24-2002, 10:02 AM
The priest is the only one I havn't try yet But I don't like the Speed Girl she's too weak!!

maybe you just dont know how to use her in a affective manner.
:p

Veno
05-24-2002, 10:07 AM
Back to the Priest, VAN, can you tell us something about him? You played through the game with him.

Ninja Scroll
05-24-2002, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by XBOX Dude
holly crap i thought was the only one with a soar finger this game kicks ass

Well you not and you can add me to dat list of sore ass trigger fingers! But I think JJax's is sore for other reasons!:D

And im useing the new Controller S and the trigger buttons are a little improved,.. but not enough to quinch my pain!!:eek:

darianX
05-24-2002, 10:25 AM
I played with the priest last night...I think he's better than the other dude (can't remember his name) because biker guy's axe seems kinda slow, although the fulltime shotgun is nice. But the priest's crossbow is lovely for long range killing such as those exploding spider things (DAMN those things!!).

The wife and I found a nice strategy...she works the front with Samantha cuz she's quick with that sword and I work from the back with the priest taking out flankers and rear attackers. My hands/fingers don't hurt though...I must have great "game hands".

Brevity
05-24-2002, 10:29 AM
I cant beleive how sore my fingers are. I played 1 player for 5 or 6 H. and multi for about the same till around 1:00 in the am. I love this game. Now I had a hellava hard time w/ that lil-girl when I was alone,,,,Did you? Also b4 I found that those gargoyles were bullet proof I wasted some real time. I liked the difference between single and multi,,,,in the enemy strength dept. I also like how each played has dif. Edges I was the priest w/my edge I could level around 10 or more dead boys in one shot and my friend was the Axe guy and he used fire-axe to take out the Gargoyles. I am rambling I know but there is a lot to say. I also like/didn’t like the ranged weapons powers and number of shots worked. The priest has 12 shots but it takes depending on if your multi or single playing, around 4 in single and 7 or 8 in multi. The speedy chick w/the funny hair takes about the same I forget her shot count and the other lady has a six shooter that works great a dismembering but that’s it,,,oh it kills a few and the last guy has 8 shots I think and it takes only one or two to kill. Anyway just wanted to say my peace. :)

JJaX
05-24-2002, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by darianX
I played with the priest last night...I think he's better than the other dude (can't remember his name) because biker guy's axe seems kinda slow, although the fulltime shotgun is nice. But the priest's crossbow is lovely for long range killing such as those exploding spider things (DAMN those things!!).

The wife and I found a nice strategy...she works the front with Samantha cuz she's quick with that sword and I work from the back taking out flankers and rear attackers. My hands/fingers don't hurt though...I must have great "game hands".

yeah you really have to work as a team!
We had the guy with the Axe busting up the middle. If guys got past him i would run by a cut them down with my duel knives. And if they got past me good old defender was there with a shotgun ;) (Graveyard level)
Its good to have people shooting in the distance and people fighting up close. But i wouldnt recommend this if you have player damage on (Where you can damage each other) But havent attempted that yet, And i dont plan on doing that for a while.

Theres so many ways to play this game! I like to mix it up. If i get tired of filling zombies with led, I whip out my blades and jump into battle!

BTW, Anyone get the Assault Rifle yet! BAD ASS!!!

Ninja Scroll
05-24-2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Brevity
I cant beleive how sore my fingers are. I played 1 player for 5 or 6 H. and multi for about the same till around 1:00 in the am. I love this game. Now I had a hellava hard time w/ that lil-girl when I was alone,,,,Did you? Also b4 I found that those gargoyles were bullet proof I wasted some real time. I liked the difference between single and multi,,,,in the enemy strength dept. I also like how each played has dif. Edges I was the priest w/my edge I could level around 10 or more dead boys in one shot and my friend was the Axe guy and he used fire-axe to take out the Gargoyles. I am rambling I know but there is a lot to say. I also like/didn’t like the ranged weapons powers and number of shots worked. The priest has 12 shots but it takes depending on if your multi or single playing, around 4 in single and 7 or 8 in multi. The speedy chick w/the funny hair takes about the same I forget her shot count and the other lady has a six shooter that works great a dismembering but that’s it,,,oh it kills a few and the last guy has 8 shots I think and it takes only one or two to kill. Anyway just wanted to say my peace. :)

If I was playing multi-player I would probably want to get a oversized zombie smashing monster dude as I would do all the killing while my flunkies do all da soft-ass healing!:D
But on one player I gonna have my Samantha yo! She is just da f'n game!:p And f'n hot!;)

Knight
05-24-2002, 10:40 AM
Bump

Ninja Scroll
05-24-2002, 10:44 AM

yeah you really have to work as a team!
We had the guy with the Axe busting up the middle. If guys got past him i would run by a cut them down with my duel knives. And if they got past me good old defender was there with a shotgun ;) (Graveyard level)
Its good to have people shooting in the distance and people fighting up close. But i wouldnt recommend this if you have player damage on (Where you can damage each other) But havent attempted that yet, And i dont plan on doing that for a while.

Theres so many ways to play this game! I like to mix it up. If i get tired of filling zombies with led, I whip out my blades and jump into battle!

BTW, Anyone get the Assault Rifle yet! BAD ASS!!!

I feel ya jjiizzax, this game is very versatil and awesomelly (is dat a word:confused: ) fun thus far.
Only one complaint outside on my right triger finger- I wish you could 360 degree the camera instead of "in & outing" it.
But not really that bad of a problem so far.

HEY YO! Anyone leave dat little girl behind yet? She screams her ass off if you leave her and zombies come around to snatch her little ass!!:D

My surround sound speakers almost blew up from her vocal cords!:eek:

l Maximus l
05-24-2002, 10:44 AM
I picked up Hunter last night as well...this game is bad ass! It's funny, they even swear in the game and even said the word: "*****"! :D I was a taken a little off gaurd and I laughed my ass off!

This game is a gore fest!! If you like blood, this game is for you! The visuals on this game are mind blowing, especially on my HDTV! I could only imagine what 5.1 DD SS would be like!! :eek:

I've been playing as the Avenger (the dude with the battle axe for those who don't know who he is). Funny thing is, I only had time to play for about an hour and a half last night, but then found myself playing for nearly 4 hours!! lol :D This game is extremely hard to put down! Very addicting!!!!

I can't believe the graphics in the graveyard...damn!! The effects on this game are beautiful! Even after you kill the vast array of enemies, many of the disinigrate after you chop their heads or limbs off and they fall to ground...awesome effects!

JJaX...dude, you sold me on trying to play with the Chick...I think I'm going to have a few games going so I can play through the game on single player with all the different characters. Depending on what I feel like, I'll just continue on with them! That's bad ass!!

I can't wait to see what 4 players is like! Hell, I can't wait to see what two players or even three is like! :D

Ninja Scroll
05-24-2002, 10:45 AM
Bump

Why bump? This thread is hot! :cool:

Knight
05-24-2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

Why bump? This thread is hot! :cool:

Because I feel like doing it!!

Ninja Scroll
05-24-2002, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Maximus

I can't wait to see what 4 players is like! Hell, I can't wait to see what two players or even three is like! :D

That's what im saying, im gonna have to invite over some bums this weekend or Memorial Day. It's almost like throwing a party!
Xbox style!:cool:

Brevity
05-24-2002, 10:50 AM
Ya the assault rifle rocks the lighting from gun fire rocks. And boy were we ****ed when we found that that one gilrs healing was for only her. grrrrr
******SPOILERS****
And as for teams this is some of the stuff we did. In the street we ran ahead as a team and rounded up lots of the dead then ran to like a car or gas tank then shot it ,,,ya know what happend then. And towards that first boss guy the Peist was the guy taking care of those spiders b/c of the 12 shot bow. The girle was up close on the beast,,,,,and the biker was away with his gun blazzing the monster focused on me and the chick kicked tail from behind. When it came to that Gargoyles the biker got then and the priest was in charge of Zombie round-up and genocide with his Edge. God I love this game.

l Maximus l
05-24-2002, 10:51 AM

That's what im saying, im gonna have to invite over some bums this weekend or Memorial Day. It's almost like throwing a party!
Xbox style!:cool:

Definately! But, most of my buddies are camping this weekend! Oh well...but, I'm going to a 16-man Halo System Link party tonight...I only know one dude that will be there...and, I BARELY KNOW HIM!! lol... Doesn't matter to me, though, I'm just looking forward to kicking everyone's ass! Too bad that 1/2 of them are Police Officers! :eek: hehe...should be interesting, however, I probably can't drink as much as I would like :(

But, I definately plan on showing Hunter off while I'm there! Damn I love this game!!! :D

JJaX
05-24-2002, 10:53 AM

JJaX...dude, you sold me on trying to play with the Chick...I think I'm going to have a few games going so I can play through the game on single player with all the different characters. Depending on what I feel like, I'll just continue on with them! That's bad ass!!

Its a totaly different game with more people. Working as a team is the key. Yeah give the lil chick a whirl. Once you get used to her melee attack style you will love it. I love jumping into a pack of zombies and start swinging my knives all over. I can fight and kill 4-5 guys at a time when there all over me and im sorrounded (i feel like blade) And if you run and aim in the same direction you can run by doing these bad ass horizontal slices. Cutting zombies into pieces has never been so fun!!

l Maximus l
05-24-2002, 10:59 AM

Its a totaly different game with more people. Working as a team is the key. Yeah give the lil chick a whirl. Once you get used to her melee attack style you will love it. I love jumping into a pack of zombies and start swinging my knives all over. I can fight and kill 4-5 guys at a time when there all over me and im sorrounded (i feel like blade) And if you run and aim in the same direction you can run by doing these bad ass horizontal slices. Cutting zombies into pieces has never been so fun!!

Sounds awesome! Even with Avenger, you can pull some nasty combos like that...he's not a quick though, I'm sure. But, here's a question for you: Can you take off damage of your buddies or are they not effected if you accidentally slice them?

LynxFX
05-24-2002, 11:01 AM
You guys got me interested.

So exactly what type of game is this? RPG, 3rd person action or something? Do you just go around killing stuff or are their puzzles and a pretty good story?

I'll have to go check out the screenshots again.

Knight
05-24-2002, 11:05 AM
Anyone here live in Illinois??

JJaX
05-24-2002, 11:07 AM

Sounds awesome! Even with Avenger, you can pull some nasty combos like that...he's not a quick though, I'm sure. But, here's a question for you: Can you take off damage of your buddies or are they not effected if you accidentally slice them?

Theres 3 settings.

-The default setting is you dont damage your team mates. Attacks dont even make them twitch.

-The next setting is that if you hit them you will see them be effected and looks like they get hurt and stuff but no damage will done

-The 3rd and hardest setting is damage to your teammates.

Hell, we still havent unlocked nightmare and Hunter mode!

Brevity
05-24-2002, 11:08 AM

Oh well...but, I'm going to a 16-man Halo System Link party tonight...I only know one dude that will be there...and, I BARELY KNOW HIM!! lol... Doesn't matter to me, though, I'm just looking forward to kicking everyone's ass!
But, I definately plan on showing Hunter off while I'm there! Damn I love this game!!! :D
I have a Halo party every Fri. and tonight will be a big chance to show off this game to friends and when the group thins then its 4 playa Hunter baby. Also I like going to those ya dont know anybody Halo frag fest( though most of the time its here and others I dont even know come and by nights end there all friend). After a few games their always asking in the other rooms who the Fuk is BREVITY damn that guy is good. And the funny thing is like I only know most of them by there game names and they only know me by the same. In public Im like high uh Master Chief or what ever. And more then once I have not even recognized some of them in the light of day. And my closest friends the ones here every week there play gets so predictable that at that times in the game I blindly shoot were I know them to be and score. hehe

Spaztic
05-24-2002, 11:09 AM
ok.....I have played the priest, he has a good ranged weapon (crossbow), and his sword is pretty sweet though his hits lack serious power, he is not the type that will be able to handle swams of zombies at a time! I used him along with my teamate who used the police chick! It worked out great because she would get the masses and I would kill the zombies on the outskirts of the group! The priest has the best edge in the game. His magic spell shoots a blue streak of power that kills everything in its path....very cool.

the more people the easier it gets, I had a harder time playing by myself then with a teammate!

as far as my fingers being sore...I didn't have that problem, but then again I only played for 6 hrs.

this game kicks some serious ass! A definate must have!

Hey max where does this game rank with the others you currently have?

Brevity
05-24-2002, 11:12 AM
Its a action game. I thought it was harder for me on team. My team was not walking and working together well at first. And since your lives are pooled together the Jack ars that runs out and fights blindly hinders everyone.

JJaX
05-24-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
You guys got me interested.

So exactly what type of game is this? RPG, 3rd person action or something? Do you just go around killing stuff or are their puzzles and a pretty good story?

I'll have to go check out the screenshots again.

Its like a almost above you view. If you like Blood, Action and sweet graphics get this game. You have to do things like find keys, save people, Protect people. And the bosses! Man they are tough to drop. And im enjoying the story.

JJaX
05-24-2002, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Brevity
Its a action game. I thought it was harder for me on team. My team was not walking and working together well at first. And since your lives are pooled together the Jack ars that runs out and fights blindly hinders everyone.

I hear that. The 1st time i played it this dude was the Avenger and all he would do was run at them with his axe. He took all the lives. Me and SHererboat died like once before reaching the church. The other dude took the rest of the lives. :(

But aftewr he left, me and Shererboat to ok a crack at it and are progressing just fine ;)

Brevity
05-24-2002, 11:21 AM
Right I felt like matching all those Zombie hits that other guy took with one here in the real world. But it was Coolerf150's nephew and he might have frowned on that.

JJaX
05-24-2002, 11:27 AM
damn, My finger is really soar...
http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif

anyone got any homemade remedys i can whip up to numb it?

Yes MaXimus, Beer is an option ;)

LynxFX
05-24-2002, 11:33 AM
Cool, I think I might go pick this game up. I need more multiplayer team games.

Thanks JJaX.

l Maximus l
05-24-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Shaggy
Hey max where does this game rank with the others you currently have?

Dude, you know, that's a really good question because Hunter is so different from all of the other games I have. And, because it's so new it's hard to make an accurate judgement.

Prior to having Hunter, my top three were:

1. Halo
2. Rallisport Challenge
3. Amped

Keep in mind that I am a HUGE fan of all three of those games...I would definately put Hunter in there...as of right now, I would say that Hunter is the best game since Halo! So, probably #2, but, still not as good as Halo (as I am a die hard fan of that game and it's not even close to being "old" yet). All I know is that Hunter is a must have game, that's for damn sure! :D

Ninja Scroll
05-24-2002, 11:41 AM

Thanks JJaX.

tHANKS jjAX???!!!:confused: WTF?! What about Ninja & waximus who have been promoting da hell out of this game for months on XBA? :(

JJaX
05-24-2002, 11:45 AM

tHANKS jjAX???!!!:confused: WTF?! What about Ninja & waximus who have been promoting da hell out of this game for months on XBA? :(

Its all good. he was just thanking me cause i answered and quoted his question in the thread.

If it makes you feel better, I picked up this game cause you said it was gonna be hot. And it is! :cool:

l Maximus l
05-24-2002, 11:45 AM

Thanks JJaX.

Definately! Eventhough I haven't played Hunter on multi-player yet (since I have only played solo), I can say that it's an exceptionally good multi-player since everyone is on the same screen at the same time...no split screens! This is unlike any game in my XBox library and is definately here to stay! :D

Yes, it's a hack and slash game, but, there are so many damn combos on here that it never gets old. Atleast, it hasn't yet...not even close. Tons of blood and gore...often times, you can kill the zombies or other creatures and they'll fall to the ground and a geyser of blood shoots out from where you slashed them! hehe...it's nice :D

l Maximus l
05-24-2002, 11:51 AM
Hey, what do you guys think about the control scheme in Hunter? Is it bad ass or what? :D

JJaX
05-24-2002, 11:52 AM
Hey, what do you guys think about the control scheme in Hunter? Is it bad ass or what? :D

I love it. I love leaping backward and busting off caps!

Even getting ready for battle is fun. Like say theres a gate and i need to open it with a key. Ill switch to my pistols load em, make sure my special guns are loaded. And it looks sweet and sounds sweet while your doing it.

l Maximus l
05-24-2002, 12:05 PM

I love it. I love leaping backward and busting off caps!

Even getting ready for battle is fun. Like say theres a gate and i need to open it with a key. Ill switch to my pistols load em, make sure my special guns are loaded. And it looks sweet and sounds sweet while your doing it.

Yeah...I figured out you can reload by hitting "A". It looks awesome! I love how they incorporate the right joystick for facing the direction enemies are even if you are walking in another direction! This is so key especially when trying to take down a boss!! :D

JJaX
05-24-2002, 12:06 PM

Yeah...I figured out you can reload by hitting "A". It looks awesome! I love how they incorporate the right joystick for facing the direction enemies are even if you are walking in another direction! This is so key especially when trying to take down a boss!! :D

Thats the only way to play ;)
Reloading is very important, Especially with the double barrel shot gun

LynxFX
05-24-2002, 12:07 PM
LOL, ok thank you everyone that participated in this thread and for getting me psyched about getting a new game to add to my collection and for continuing to hype the game just incase I started to have second thoughts. :D

P.S. I never payed attention this game until now. Before it was just a name. Now it is a game with a name that I must buy! :)

JJaX
05-24-2002, 12:09 PM
LOL, ok thank you everyone that participated in this thread and for getting me psyched about getting a new game to add to my collection and for continuing to hype the game just incase I started to have second thoughts. :D

P.S. I never payed attention this game until now. Before it was just a name. Now it is a game with a name that I must buy! :)
It exceeded my expectations! I applaud interplay for bringing us this great game. Its been a while........

l Maximus l
05-24-2002, 12:10 PM

I would hardly believe you would be disappointed especially considering you are playing on the huge ass mile high theatre!! :eek:

hehe...dude, you'll like this game! It's one of those games that you can't really plan on playing for a certain amount of time, I think. In other words, last night, I wanted to be responsible and only play for one and a half hours...then, I find myself playing to nearly four hours!!! lol...>Whooooops!!! :D

JJaX
05-24-2002, 12:13 PM

I would hardly believe you would be disappointed especially considering you are playing on the huge ass mile high theatre!! :eek:

hehe...dude, you'll like this game! It's one of those games that you can't really plan on playing for a certain amount of time, I think. In other words, last night, I wanted to be responsible and only play for one and a half hours...then, I find myself playing to nearly four hours!!! lol...>Whooooops!!! :D

I know what you mean. We started playing next thing you know its 4 hours later!

DZNUTZ
05-24-2002, 12:26 PM
i only got to play it for about an hour last night ( due to me packing up my house and having to give the new GC, and RE a whirl) i must say after i finally adjusted the brightness all the way up so i couldsee what the heck i was doing ..the game was a blast...i have the feeling the game will just get better and better..especially with some other friends playing with me and after i try some new characters ( i was using duece the avenger)

just to think we get this killer ap , then morrowind and outlawgolf next month!!!!!!!

btw..not to rain on hunters parade..but i just wanted to let ya'll know the new RE..the graghics are probably the best i've ever seen...no lie.
:eek:

JJaX
05-24-2002, 01:02 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Why did they move the thread to 'new releases' :( Now i gotta come to this section to see if anyone has repiled. Yes i know im a lazy tird! http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

Now everyone is gonna go to the offical thread not mine......................

Damn you all!

JJaX Shakes fist at computer monitor

Felon
05-24-2002, 01:04 PM
I have searched high and low for this game today. It is sold out everywhere.

ftyards
05-24-2002, 01:10 PM
Anyone here live in Illinois??
I do

Knight
05-24-2002, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by ftyards

I do

What town??

RadRider
05-24-2002, 01:20 PM
So, since you can shoot in a different direction than your facing, would the guy you're playing as hold the gun behind his back, so the gun is upside down, then shoot? That'd be cool to see.

JJaX
05-24-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by RadRider
So, since you can shoot in a different direction than your facing, would the guy you're playing as hold the gun behind his back, so the gun is upside down, then shoot? That'd be cool to see.

What we meant by that is move in one direction and be able to shoot in any direction while moving.

Ever play smash TV?

JJaX
05-24-2002, 01:28 PM
This thread has gotten more replies than the offical thread..

hehehehehe

thats what you get for moving it!
http://www.gute-guete.de/images/Forum/Smiley/flipa.gif

ftyards
05-24-2002, 01:30 PM

What town??
Dolton, illinois south suburbs of chicago

RadRider
05-24-2002, 01:33 PM
Well, that's not so cool. It'd be cooler if you looked in the direction you moved, and you could shoot in any direction - by holding the gun behind you and stuff. Then you'd get cool John-woo style action scenes.

JJaX
05-24-2002, 01:37 PM
Well, that's not so cool. It'd be cooler if you looked in the direction you moved, and you could shoot in any direction - by holding the gun behind you and stuff. Then you'd get cool John-woo style action scenes.

Not really, I think it would look retarted if your guy shot in a direction he wasnt facing. When your strafing around he would look like a constipated knome flailing his gun around but facing one direction. Ill pass..............

RadRider
05-24-2002, 01:41 PM
But you wouldn't strafe, because you always face the direction you run. Unless there's a set "strafe button" or something, which is retarded to have anyway. Why would you need to strafe in a game like this if you can shoot in any direction anyway? You didn't have to strafe in Robotron.

JJaX
05-24-2002, 01:45 PM
But you wouldn't strafe, because you always face the direction you run. Unless there's a set "strafe button" or something, which is retarded to have anyway. Why would you need to strafe in a game like this if you can shoot in any direction anyway? You didn't have to strafe in Robotron.

Your slow............
strafing helps dodge bullets.
Strafing allows you to dodge but stay withen a area instead of circling an enemy. Say for example you had to protect something.

HAHAH why would you need to strafe in a game like this? :rolleyes: :mad: :rolleyes: thats the dumbest thing ive heard all week! THanks for the good laugh

RadRider
05-24-2002, 01:52 PM
Okay first, are you calling me slow, or the in-game characters?

I can see why one would want to strafe, but it's not a necessary movement to have. And in the control scheme I thought the game had (where you look where you go, but shoot in any direction), then strafing wouldn't exist, unless there was a separate button you held down for strafe movement. That's all I was trying to say.

Knight
05-24-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by ftyards

Dolton, illinois south suburbs of chicago

I'm West of Six Flags!!

ftyards
05-24-2002, 01:57 PM

I'm West of Six Flags!!
cool thats so are you by gurnee

Veno
05-24-2002, 01:59 PM
What other types of monsters are there besides zombies? I know there's some sort of headcrabs, vampires, zombies, and these really wierd white gigantic monsters with 2 arms that are razor sharp to stab you through.

JJaX
05-24-2002, 02:01 PM
Okay first, are you calling me slow, or the in-game characters?

I can see why one would want to strafe, but it's not a necessary movement to have. And in the control scheme I thought the game had (where you look where you go, but shoot in any direction), then strafing wouldn't exist, unless there was a separate button you held down for strafe movement. That's all I was trying to say.

Your left thubstick controls your movements.
Your right thumbstick controls where you aim.

So if i push the left thumbstick right and my right thumb stick up i would be strafing. You understand?

JJaX
05-24-2002, 02:02 PM
What other types of monsters are there besides zombies? I know there's some sort of headcrabs, vampires, zombies, and these really wierd white gigantic monsters with 2 arms that are razor sharp to stab you through.

I dont wanna spoil anything so im not gonna answer that. :D

ftyards
05-24-2002, 02:03 PM

I'm West of Six Flags!!
cool thats so are you by gurnee

Veno
05-24-2002, 02:04 PM
Jjax, rot in hell for this, ROT IN HELL YOU BACKSTABBING MOTHER **CKER. Actualy thanks for the info, I appreciate you not spoiling it, cya around.

studepaber
05-24-2002, 02:19 PM

Ha, the last two lunch breaks I've had I went home to play the game only to find that I came back to work way too late and had to make up some bullsh*t excuse, thank god it's a family business, lol.

Highlite23
05-24-2002, 02:30 PM

I'm West of Six Flags!!

I'm in Huntley Knight...Just outside of Crystal Lake.:)

Knight
05-24-2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by highlite23

I'm in Huntley Knight...Just outside of Crystal Lake.:)

I live in the Round Lake area!!

Knight
05-24-2002, 02:41 PM
http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&addr=&city=Huntley&state=IL&csz=Huntley,+IL&slt=42.168320&sln=-88.428131&name=&zip=&country=us&&BFKey=&BFCat=&BFClient=&mag=7&desc=&cs=8&newmag=6&poititle=&poi=&ds=n

Spaztic
05-24-2002, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
i only got to play it for about an hour last night ( due to me packing up my house and having to give the new GC, and RE a whirl) i must say after i finally adjusted the brightness all the way up so i couldsee what the heck i was doing ..the game was a blast...i have the feeling the game will just get better and better..especially with some other friends playing with me and after i try some new characters ( i was using duece the avenger)

just to think we get this killer ap , then morrowind and outlawgolf next month!!!!!!!

btw..not to rain on hunters parade..but i just wanted to let ya'll know the new RE..the graghics are probably the best i've ever seen...no lie.
:eek:

yo dznutz there is a option in hunters settings that you can adjust the darkness, that way you don't have to mess with the contrast everytime you change games!