PDA

View Full Version : Time on Forums vs Time on Xbox

UltraMuffin
05-24-2002, 08:44 AM
Maybe it's just me (and it's probably not, comparing my post count to some of you others)... But it seems like I spend a whole lot more time reading and posting on Xbox forums than I spend on my Xbox. It's not that I don't love my Xbox... in fact, I think it may be pregnant (was tripped out on marshmallows and tang-coated pickles... not my brightest moment, that night)... It's just that, I live for anticipation! I love reading about amazing games that won't be out for months... It's almost sadistic, torturing myself while scrapping together every last piece of information I can find of any game I'm interested in... knowing that each piece of information will only make the wait seem longer... and then the game is released and all I can think of is the next batch of games that are months away!

Out of the two, I probably spend 80% of my time on forums and 20% on my Xbox... I enjoy them equally, but if I didn't have an Xbox, I wouldn't be able to enjoy the forums cuz there would be nothing to get excited about!

... there's also the fact that when I'm playing my Xbox, I feel a bit lonely... but we won't get into that ;) I'm hoping Xbox Live will fix that problem hehe

MOrgE
05-24-2002, 09:10 AM
see, thats why i LOVE being at work...
i'm a network administrator at my job so i basically get to sit on my ass in front of the computer all day long... and i use this to my advantage and post/read messages on this board...
hahahaha..

and then i go home... and play the XBOX till bedtime..

and start all over again :)

Veno
05-24-2002, 09:21 AM
Sorry to hear that man, :mad: don't worry, you'll be okay.

FlyBoy
05-24-2002, 09:25 AM
If I lived in Alaska, I'd be lonely too... lol:eek: jk

UnitedKingdom
05-24-2002, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by MOrgE
see, thats why i LOVE being at work...
i'm a network administrator at my job so i basically get to sit on my ass in front of the computer all day long... and i use this to my advantage and post/read messages on this board...
hahahaha..

and then i go home... and play the XBOX till bedtime..

and start all over again :)

Same here i only go on the web while i'm at work, then when i get home its game time. I also clog up the network downloading tonnes of mp3's but we won't get into that coz some square will flame my ass for breaking the copyright laws.:eek:

mercsix
05-24-2002, 09:57 AM
God, how many of us here have computer related jobs?

LynxFX
05-24-2002, 10:17 AM
I think I spend more time on here than on my Xbox. I also spend most of it during work though so it is all good.

Brevity
05-24-2002, 10:32 AM
While at school being a GA I post like mad but in times when schools out like now I play the Xbox like mad.

RadRider
05-24-2002, 11:12 AM
I only own Amped Oddworld and Halo. I've got a love-hate relationship with Halo (I love to hate it and hate to love it), so I don't play it all that much. I'm only at about 37th in Amped, and it's getting insanely hard now, so I haven't played that for a while, and I just haven't felt like playing Oddworld lately. Especially since I have Morrowind on PC!

Plus, I'm waiting for two trades to go through, which means I'll be getting more Xbox games soon. Then I'll be playing more, because I won't be surfing the XBA forums all the time waiting for guitargod711 to respond!

UltimateAg
05-24-2002, 11:37 AM
I'm on my computer at work all day long as well. I probably spend %40 of time at work posting/reading this forum, the rest I spend working. Late night is game time for me after the wife goes to bed.

l Maximus l
05-24-2002, 11:50 AM
I post at work mainly...or late at night. Last night, I got Hunter and played it a hell of a lot longer than I should have...it's so damn addicting...then, to take my irresonsibility to the next level, I spent another 30 minutes telling you guys about my Hunter experiences! :D

UltraMuffin
05-24-2002, 01:33 PM
Hey RadRider, you got the same three games I got with my Xbox :D

Yeah... Idunno about Oddworld, people seem to like it... I guess it's not really my kinda game cuz I really gotta force myself to play it hehe

RadRider
05-24-2002, 01:35 PM
I like it, it's like an interactive toy. I also like that it's cerebral and you have to actually think about the puzzles and levels before you can beat them. Other than that, I just don't play it much though. :( oh well.