PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell "Exclusive" To Xbox this year

Knight
05-24-2002, 11:13 AM
E3: Splinter Cell "Exclusive" To Xbox
Friday, May 24, 08:38 | Talon |
The term exclusive as been used entirely out of context over the last few years. Using the term to describe a game that’s on a system for three months, a game that’s only on a system in North America or Japan but multiplatform in other regions, the term really has lost some of its power. The term “exclusive” is used again today in the announcement that Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell from Ubi Soft will only be released on Xbox during 2002. This isn’t to say other versions aren’t coming as the PC version and other platform versions are coming, it’s simply that Xbox has the game for the rest of 2002.
“Xbox is the ideal platform to premiere Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell,” said Yves Guillemot, President and CEO, Ubi Soft Entertainment. “We’re using the Xbox hardware to truly realize the vision we had for the game, and to implement some fantastic special effects. For instance, the character can be moved in front of a working movie projector and the movie realistically projects on the characters back with the appropriate lighting effects, just like real life. Little touches like that are making this game really come alive, and were possible thanks to the powerful capabilities of Xbox. We’re also looking to take advantage of Xbox Live to extend the experience.”
Based on the popular book by Tom Clancy, Splinter Cell has players put in the role of Sam Fisher, a field operative of “Third Echelon”, a secret NSA sub-agency. Playing in the third-person perspective, the game has players infiltrating high-security strongholds, battling cyber-terrorism, neutralizing enemies and destroying critical data.
Splinter Cell will feature online elements via the Xbox Live service when released later this year

http://www.planetxbox.com/

dougi3000
05-24-2002, 11:20 AM
that doesnt say too much since it is being released at the end of the year, and only 2or 3 months before the next year. I am sure people can wait 2 or 3 months for a game so they dont have to get an xbox.

Slacker
05-24-2002, 12:41 PM
2002 exclusive even if it comes out in the fall , Multi versions may not come out until june 2003, anyway who cares I have an Xbox and I get to play it thats all I care about, I have been reading everything I can about that game, so far in what I have read it will make MGS2 look like Marioworld!! , MGS2 has a Lame story I think, it's not very good, Im not saying Splinter Cell will have a better one , but Tom clancy is a good writer, but come on a Main Character called "Solid Snake" is lame in my book , thats a name of a ***** not a character

and MGS2 substance sounds lame to me also its a "best of Compulation" I will stick with splinter cell and strident,

Knight
05-24-2002, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Slacker

and MGS2 substance sounds lame to me also its a "best of Compulation" I will stick with splinter cell and strident,

When is Strident coming out??