PDA

View Full Version : Hunter unlockable characters??

UltimateAg
05-24-2002, 12:42 PM
In all the previews before the release, I've read about unlockable characters as a feature of the game. But I haven't heard anything about them in the reviews. Does anybody who's playing Hunter know if the unlockable characters are playable, did the unlockable characters make it into the final release? What's the deal?

JJaX
05-24-2002, 01:48 PM
OH please let there be!!!

Knight
05-24-2002, 01:55 PM
http://cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.asp?board=32489&topic=2998879

UltimateAg
05-24-2002, 02:05 PM
I appreciate the link Knight but that didn't help. There's no additional information there.

JJaX
05-24-2002, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by UltimateAg
I appreciate the link Knight but that didn't help. There's no additional information there.

maybe you missed it

Multiple difficulty levels.

23 environments based on the World of Darkness.

Over 20 types of monsters to battle, including 7 unique bosses pulled from White Wolf source material.

Over 20 melee, ranged and spell weapons. Take apart your enemies with everything from axes to shotguns.

Unlockable characters and character variants.

UltimateAg
05-24-2002, 02:22 PM
No I did read that, but that's the exact paragraph I've been reading for the past 2 months on every preview for the game. I'm looking to hear from someone that knows if they're actually in there and if they're playable. Because, as I said before the previews say that they're in there but no one who has played the game has mentioned it.

JJaX
05-24-2002, 02:27 PM
No I did read that, but that's the exact paragraph I've been reading for the past 2 months on every preview for the game. I'm looking to hear from someone that knows if they're actually in there and if they're playable. Because, as I said before the previews say that they're in there but no one who has played the game has mentioned it.

i dont think anyone has quite completed it yet.

VAN
05-24-2002, 02:43 PM
According to one of the game developers, there are NO HIDDEN CHARS in the game. The text was simply a misprint. It was intended to mention that there are unlockable character costumes...which is the"alternate hunter mode".

No hidden charaters folks....but there are secret weaapons. :)

UltimateAg
05-24-2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by VAN-XBA
According to one of the game developers, there are NO HIDDEN CHARS in the game. The text was simply a misprint. It was intended to mention that there are unlockable character costumes...which is the"alternate hunter mode".

No hidden charaters folks....but there are secret weaapons. :)

Misprint WTF! It's all over the net! Oh well, thanks for the info Van. Do you happen to have a link for that info?

VAN
05-24-2002, 03:57 PM

Misprint WTF! It's all over the net! Oh well, thanks for the info Van. Do you happen to have a link for that info?

http://forums.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?threadid=89083

scroll to the post by Hunter Pro...hes one of the game devs.

Tkf5000
05-25-2002, 10:00 AM
yea van is right. i kept looking all over to see and i finally found it out one day a while ago.

faceoff508
05-25-2002, 10:02 AM
Oh well, this game still kicks asss!

Unreal
06-05-2002, 10:48 AM
I wonder what the unlockable weapons are if they do exist.

UltimateAg
06-05-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Unreal
I wonder what the unlockable weapons are if they do exist.

On several load screens during the game it states that they do exist. Is says something like there is a hidden button combination that will allow to receive an extra weapon or something like, and then another load screen states that there's a button combo that will allow you to be invincible, but I haven't found anyone that knows the combos yet. 1 guy emailed the developers asking for the combos and he said they never emailed him back so they must not be giving that info out freely yet.

Snoopy7548
06-05-2002, 06:09 PM
on the loading screens, ive NEVER once seen any messages like that.

UltimateAg
06-06-2002, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
on the loading screens, ive NEVER once seen any messages like that.

They're there I promise. In between levels, I'm sure the load screens are random, but I've seen them multiple times. Ask some of the other members, I've heard other people talk about it as well or do you need screenshots??????

Casper
06-06-2002, 10:00 AM

They're there I promise. In between levels, I'm sure the load screens are random, but I've seen them multiple times. Ask some of the other members, I've heard other people talk about it as well or do you need screenshots??????

I second that...I've seen it a bunch of times already ;)

Snoopy7548
06-06-2002, 01:46 PM

post some screens, so i know what to look for and stuff:D

UltimateAg
06-06-2002, 01:49 PM

post some screens, so i know what to look for and stuff:D

ok, i will when i get home tonight. the wording isn't hidden or small or anything, it's just in plain text where they give you hints and tidbits of info.

xbaaddict
06-06-2002, 04:52 PM
Yes i have seen this before when i played...i beat the game in like 6 hours it was way to easy i think. But yea it says something about there being a hidden button combination to give you extra weapons...but i think what they mean by this is just like the weapons you can already get just all of them at once, but of course i could be wrong. I also heard something about you being able to play as the towns people in the game but im pretty sure the person saying it was falsly intriging.

Snoopy7548
06-06-2002, 06:00 PM
i just got a message saying that theres a hidden button combo for making your hunter invulerable:D

UltimateAg
06-07-2002, 12:15 AM
i just got a message saying that theres a hidden button combo for making your hunter invulerable:D

yep that's one of em. there's one more hinting at other weapons.

Snoopy7548
06-07-2002, 01:56 PM
i have a question. im at the rooftop level, and u know when u get to like the circle of 6 hostages? well, by that time, i had saved 44 people, and when i was running up to save all 6 (to get 50, so i could get the good ending), one of them was killed, and now i only have 49. are there any more hostages in the game?

VAN
06-07-2002, 07:31 PM
are there any more hostages in the game?

Plenty more. Don't worry about it.

Snoopy7548
06-07-2002, 07:57 PM
ok, cool. how far am i in the game?

JimmieDoogan
06-08-2002, 12:35 PM
I had read something about Carpenter being selectable later.... I wonder how. It seems very possible. He is a bit like the Martyr. I wonder if its true... probably not. I think they should've had a character building system. They could still have the scripted events (I bet the HDD could help with this in some way).

EHWfedPres
06-08-2002, 12:51 PM
I know the only unlockable character additions are alternate costumes...thats all for the people...never heard such button combination nonsence...