PDA

View Full Version : Sony's got this Online Gaming thing down

mercsix
05-24-2002, 01:02 PM
"While thousands of players gleefully picked up copies of Square's long awaited PlayStation 2 RPG Final Fantasy XI today in Japan, few have been able to play the game online. Despite Square's assurances regarding the ability to handle network traffic, the registration system for Square's PlayOnline service was overwhelmed within hours of the game's release. Square issued a formal apology regarding the problem this morning, and assured customers that they're expanding the registration system to handle thousands of simultaneous requests. It's currently unknown how long it will take to fix the registration system."

Imagine paying 50.00 for the game 100.00 for the HDD and 10.00 to play online for that headache. LOL serves em right. Also from what I've read they are having big server issues.

RadRider
05-24-2002, 01:03 PM
You'd think that with a million preorders, they'd have a half-decent server infrastructure set up. But nooooo. Stupid Square.

mercsix
05-24-2002, 01:04 PM
Rad congrads on winning the other day

silvertrace
05-24-2002, 01:07 PM
did u think that sony was gonna rival "MICROSOFT" when it came to online play...............really:rolleyes:

willy gates had the xbox ready for online outta da box:eek:

Knight
05-24-2002, 01:11 PM
I think the HDD is going to cost $80!!

silvertrace
05-24-2002, 01:14 PM
*silvertrace whips out his light saber and holds it firmly to the throat of KNIGHT

"there can only be one jedi in these parts, but u choose to be a jedi knight, where i am the JEDI MASTER"

*silver powers down his saber and pulls some jedi mind ***** and knight sells his xbox for a lamecube........

RadRider
05-24-2002, 01:15 PM
thanks mercsix :D
And Knight: last I heard, the HD cost $150 US.

Knight
05-24-2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by RadRider
thanks mercsix :D
And Knight: last I heard, the HD cost $150 US.

Isn't that with the Modem/Network add-on??

JJaX
05-24-2002, 01:34 PM
Good, I hope the whole thing fails. I hate sony and there dirty marketing tactics.

Meh meh meh meh sign this contract so you can only make games on PS2 meh meh meh We are g@y meh meh meh Rockstar make games for us not Xbox meh meh meh.

JJaX Spits in disgust

Knight
05-24-2002, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
Good, I hope the whole thing fails. I hate sony and there dirty marketing tactics.

JJaX Spits in disgust

There Online plan is going to fail bad!!

melon
05-24-2002, 01:55 PM
I hope the whole thing fails to, so stupid sony and stupid fan boys will realize how stupid they are. I mean c'mon...at a time like this, all the PS2 fan boys would be up our asses if it happened to xbox...but it's ok for sony and square to have a big problem? i hate them!

Snoopy7548
05-24-2002, 02:21 PM
dont forget that sony's online plan isnt broadband only. that will make A LOT of people mad, especially when someone with broadband tries to play against someone with 56k, lol, the lag is soooo bad.:D

sinizuh
05-24-2002, 02:43 PM
Sony has no plan to release the HD in north america... so when FFXI comes out (spring-summer 2003), they'll have to figure out how to do it without a HD... BRING ON THE LOAD TIMES!

btw, sony hasn't even annouced their online plans... but i predict a failure in their future.

Knight
05-24-2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by sinizuh
Sony has no plan to release the HD in north america... so when FFXI comes out (spring-summer 2003), they'll have to figure out how to do it without a HD... BRING ON THE LOAD TIMES!

btw, sony hasn't even annouced their online plans... but i predict a failure in their future.

I can't wait to hear about the load times, LoL LoL!!

Whisper
05-24-2002, 03:15 PM
hahaaha, losers on PS2... too bad theyre still beating us :mad:

Spaztic
05-24-2002, 03:41 PM
dosn't sonys network support dialup! I have cable and sometimes see lag....sony online has to be miserable!

Dre
05-24-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by silvertrace
*silvertrace whips out his light saber and holds it firmly to the throat of KNIGHT

"there can only be one jedi in these parts, but u choose to be a jedi knight, where i am the JEDI MASTER"

*silver powers down his saber and pulls some jedi mind ***** and knight sells his xbox for a lamecube........

I know I'm a geek, but a jedi master would never pull that shiat :)

Kooster
05-24-2002, 04:00 PM
Does anyone have a link to an article that says PS2's hard drive is gonna be $80, cuz a PS2 fan doesnt believe me.

EDIT: nm. i found one

hook-worm J
05-24-2002, 06:58 PM
with PC games, 56kers are always playing against broadban users, not any lag there... but I guess its different with consols, eh?

mercsix
05-24-2002, 08:35 PM
what's great is Square is already having money issues now they gotta drop cash on more servers, etc..