PDA

View Full Version : PGR2 and Halo2 both to be online and true sequels

thunderkiss2k1
05-24-2002, 03:07 PM
Friday 24th May 2002

EXCLUSIVE: HALO AND GOTHAM ONLINE TO BE FULL SEQUELS

In an interview at E3, Xbox overlord J. Allard confirmed that online versions of two of Microsoft's biggest titles will be full sequels, not just updates

18:19 It's the news we all wanted to hear, as Xbox Live becomes a more tempting prospect with each passing announcement. In an exclusive interview with Xbox general manager J. Allard (that we'll be bringing you next week,) Allard confirmed that online versions of the sublime Halo and supreme Project Gotham Racing would indeed be full sequels, created from the ground up.
With Microsoft determined to realise its ambition of an online gaming revolution, Halo 2 and Gotham 2 are precisely the titles Xbox will need to attract games into cyberspace. Although Halo 2 was expected to be a full sequel, many suspected Gotham Online would be largely the same game with online functions tacked on. Not so, evidently.

More excellent news for Microsoft, then, from what has been a vitally important show as far as the future of Xbox is concerned. Be sure to check back early next week for the full, no-holds-barred interview with Allard. Along with a plethora of interviews with other key industry figures.

Johnny Minkley -quote from www.computerandvideogames.com

wweomaniac
05-24-2002, 03:09 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Halo 2 would definitely attract more buyers and gamers!!!!

I'll go read the article right now.

RadRider
05-24-2002, 03:11 PM
I just hope they do some major updates to Halo for #2...

faceoff508
05-24-2002, 03:14 PM
Both are great games..........YAYAAAAAAAAAYAAAAAAA

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-24-2002, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by thunderkiss2k1
Friday 24th May 2002

EXCLUSIVE: HALO AND GOTHAM ONLINE TO BE FULL SEQUELS

In an interview at E3, Xbox overlord J. Allard confirmed that online versions of two of Microsoft's biggest titles will be full sequels, not just updates

18:19 It's the news we all wanted to hear, as Xbox Live becomes a more tempting prospect with each passing announcement. In an exclusive interview with Xbox general manager J. Allard (that we'll be bringing you next week,) Allard confirmed that online versions of the sublime Halo and supreme Project Gotham Racing would indeed be full sequels, created from the ground up.
With Microsoft determined to realise its ambition of an online gaming revolution, Halo 2 and Gotham 2 are precisely the titles Xbox will need to attract games into cyberspace. Although Halo 2 was expected to be a full sequel, many suspected Gotham Online would be largely the same game with online functions tacked on. Not so, evidently.

More excellent news for Microsoft, then, from what has been a vitally important show as far as the future of Xbox is concerned. Be sure to check back early next week for the full, no-holds-barred interview with Allard. Along with a plethora of interviews with other key industry figures.

Johnny Minkley -quote from www.computerandvideogames.com
thanks a million for that news.

Snoopy7548
05-24-2002, 05:06 PM
sweet, i hope PGR 2 is awesome, i LOVED the first game. i really hope they put some more ferraris and lotus's in it. if they put some lamborghinis in it, that would be soooooo awesome. i dont know why they didnt put a lamborghini in the first one:D i also hope it has actual crashes, like in rallisport, cause the crashes in PGR were pretty weak

Nat
05-24-2002, 06:25 PM
Good to know:D . I was starting to fear that they were just updates than sequels.