PDA

View Full Version : Panzer Dragoon Orta

K-j
05-24-2002, 03:49 PM
Gamespot talked to some dude form SEGA/Smallbit.

Azel is in it ( seen in a video clip at www.ign.com ), is has Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround sound, and if the game sells well, they may very well do another RPG PANZER DRAGOON!!!!!!

The game is based around 20-30 years after PANZER DRAGOON SAGA apparently. They almost did do an RPG, but thought they'd reintroduce players with a shooter. It looks amazing, but hopefully, the best is yet to come!

RadRider
05-24-2002, 03:57 PM
almost did do an RPG, but thought they'd reintroduce players with a shooter. Likely because Sega doesn't think North American gamers have the cerebral capacity to understand the fundamentals of an RPG. If Sega was truly trying to bring out top-tier games, we'd have never seen Gun Valkyrie, and a Panzer Dragoon RPG is what people would be raving about, not simply another Panzer Dragoon Shooter.

That being said, this game looks good graphically, and seems atmospheric. I'll likely rent it (at great risk to myself, seeing how I almost always end up hating Sega games so, and almost want to kill them, or somebody, to rectify the situation).

K-j
05-24-2002, 04:09 PM
As graphicaly stunning as it is, your key word is definately atmospheric. In the gamespot interview, the music was also mentioned, it will be similar to the other games, which were very atmospheric. Some music could be heard in the video clips. Here is a direct link again to those who have not yet been blessed:-

http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?channel_id=73&object_id=16253&adtag=network%3Dign%26site%3Dxboxviewer%26pagetype%3Darticle&page_title=E3+2002%3A+More+Panzer+Dragoon+Orta+Movies

They are in order, so you can watch the show which was presented at E3.

There were some big bosses in the originals, and these vids promise more ! I'm tellin' ya, you gotta get this game!

Ninja Scroll
05-24-2002, 04:32 PM
I lovedd the Panzer Dragoon series on Sega Saturn. But does anyone know if Sega will impliment any RPG elements in the Xbox version, or is it just a straight up shooter?

Spaztic
05-24-2002, 05:31 PM
thats to bad becuase all the shooter was worth was a rental on the saturn. So SEGA says we are going to release crap and if it is bought we will release the good game. What a crock of ****!

K-j
05-25-2002, 07:34 AM
Jubei my friend, Orta is going to be a 10 level shooter. Dosn't sound alot, but I think SEGA said it 'branches off', alternate routes through each level? Your dragon has morphing abilities to change your attack, defence...

Rental?! The Saturn shooters were no push over! The ammount of money spent renting it out to finnish it? Surely more than the price of the game!

Anyways, Panzers aint no ordianary shooter. They're good! And Orta does well enough, the XBOX will be home to an even greater PANZER RPG!!! Worth buying for that even if you hate shooters! But like I said, Panzer's were'nt ordinary shooters.

CoMATOSE
05-25-2002, 08:44 AM
this my absolute most wanted game..........can't wait!

Rowdie
05-26-2002, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by CoMATOSE
this my absolute most wanted game..........can't wait!

Amen for that. This series is ammazing. Only other series I can think of that can argueable say it's the best example of two completely different genres is Mario for Platformer and Kart Racing. While PD does it in Shooter and RPG. Plus PD got it done with just three game and not untold numbers like Mario.

The two shooters were way more then rentals. The first one pretty much sold every saturn bought in the first three plus months. Think, till VF2 and Sega Rally hit the saturn.

Saga, isn't 20 or more times the price of other saturn games because it stinks or it was rare. It's that price because it's possibly the greatest Japanesse style RPG ever.

Smile bit should have a nice grip on the Box hardware. Panzer could be the game that really takes us into the second generation of games. Although, that's tough to say as even though smile bit has some games under it's belt those were not started as box projects and just by looking at the time frame there can't be a whole lot of key people who actualy wrote code for Panzer and the other titles.

I can't wait to see this one in action. Maybe I'll have a new game to show people when they want to SEE what the Box is up too. It's about time DOA and Halo get replaced for that duty. :cool: