PDA

View Full Version : DOA-Extreme Beach VolleyBall!

Spaztic
05-24-2002, 05:57 PM
I am getting this game just for the visuals! Now this is what I am talking about!

Prepare to be amazed and if anyone asks you what your doing, swear that you are admiring the game for its depth and complexity!

Thanks to Gamespot Japan, here are some magnificent in game screens of the DOA Girls playing with eachother.. (Volleyball that is)

This game will get some bad press but we are being totally honest that aside from all the scantly-clad women bouncing in the sand, we think the game will be a lot of fun. Here is an exert from a recent IGN preview.

"The player-partner dynamic is one that should set a new standard for edginess in videogames. You play volleyball matches for cash in story mode and you're supposed to take your earnings and buy gifts for you partner. If you buy something for your partner like a new bikini (oh yeah a shopping sim boys can get into) or new sunglasses and she likes it, her "appreciation" for you will increase. The stronger the bond between you and your volleyball partner the more cool super volleyball moves you can pull off. This is the upgrade system for DOA Xtreme Beach Volleyball. If you buy something that your partner doesn't like, she won't necessarily hate you but she won't like you anymore either and that's money you've spent that you can't get back. A major part of the dynamic is paying attention and learning what each character likes and doesn't like so you can build up a winning team quickly. It's not too unlike Harvest Moon's gift system where you had to woo your lady love into your life with goodies. "

Now if that doesnt sound fun, we dont know what is. Add to that is the fact that Tecmo is behind this. (Developers of worldwide smash Ninja Gaiden and the multi-million selling franchise, Dead Or Alive)

http://perfectdarkplayer.hypermart.net/doaxbv/zd_jp_07.jpg

http://perfectdarkplayer.hypermart.net/doaxbv/zd_jp_08.jpg

http://perfectdarkplayer.hypermart.net/doaxbv/zd_jp_24.jpg

http://perfectdarkplayer.hypermart.net/doaxbv/zd_jp_20.jpg

link to more pics (http://www.xboxgamers.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1022190492,79535,)

What do you all think?

faceoff508
05-24-2002, 06:10 PM
Yeah..... the visuals..... sure!!

hook-worm J
05-24-2002, 06:25 PM
where are the extremely obease, old women that try to play volleyball? where? The game should at least be realistic...

Highlite23
05-24-2002, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by hook-worm J
where are the extremely obease, old women that try to play volleyball? where? The game should at least be realistic...

hook-worm they are obease..............IN ALL THE RIGHT PLACES!!

Kortiz
05-24-2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by highlite23

hook-worm they are obease..............IN ALL THE RIGHT PLACES!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

you got that right, i wish they were all naturally built, you know they would be plastic if this was real life.

Kooster
05-24-2002, 07:23 PM
OoOoOh! I like the visuals! But....I think ill rent this one.

RadRider
05-24-2002, 07:24 PM
Volleyball is usually fun, even in games. I'm surprised actually, that there aren't more volleyball games. Plus, the visuals in this game are amazing, what with the real-time deforming sand... and other things...
It's already warranted at least a rental.

CodeMonkey
05-24-2002, 09:44 PM
Im sure there will be some sado who will tug off to this game...........

VeNoMiZA
05-24-2002, 09:48 PM
you dammm rightttttt im tuggin to this pic here lol. j/k im definilty NOT renting or buying this one.

y2kash_14
05-25-2002, 12:48 AM
Are the girls the only ones who you can play as (i know they are the best part, but a DoA game wouldn't be complete with out the guys). I hope to see some guys in this game, because i am a hardcore Volleyball fan and i dont wanna have to pic a girl all the time. In the pic of Hitmoi stretching, you can see Ayane in the back, it looks like shes plucking the bikini out of her ass

sinizuh
05-25-2002, 12:59 AM
yea... i know about the game, but who's the girl high-fiving Tina in the first picture? D:

CoMATOSE
05-25-2002, 09:00 AM
ummmmmm...w.wh wot?......u said somin'?:D

Dre
05-25-2002, 10:42 AM
WOW.. this is the kind of game you come home and play when you are not 100% sober :D It looks awesome.. I mean.. the physics and the detailed environments and stuff... :)

E-Xbox
05-25-2002, 11:42 AM
yes!
the reason why i got doa 3 arises again!
hehe....
but one question..that i still dont understand....
why dont they just wear thongs?!
hehe

peace

maneatingcow
05-25-2002, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by sinizuh
yea... i know about the game, but who's the girl high-fiving Tina in the first picture? D:

That happens to be the girl from Zack's ending in DOA3.

Why is this important? Here is the backstory to DOA Xtreme Vollyball:

Zack won the DOA3 tournament, and bought an island with his money. He then invited all of the DOA girls to his island for a Vollyball tournament. In the game, winning matches gives you points/money, with which you can dress up the DOA girls with different items you purchase.

Shorezy
05-25-2002, 11:50 AM
Those r some kicka$$ visuals, lookin forward to renting this one:D

Hugh_Jass
05-25-2002, 03:45 PM
Why doesn't Team Ninja drop the pretense and just come out with DOA : Virtual Orgy? Who are they trying to fool, anyway? I bet it would sell well.

dave_m123
05-25-2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
Why doesn't Team Ninja drop the pretense and just come out with DOA : Virtual Orgy? Who are they trying to fool, anyway? I bet it would sell well.

LMAO :D

HAve u heard about Dave Mirra XXX now thats the strangest version of an extreme sports game ive ever heard of.

dougi3000
05-25-2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by dave_m123

LMAO :D

HAve u heard about Dave Mirra XXX now thats the strangest version of an extreme sports game ive ever heard of.

Who the hell would want a game where you "XXX" Dave Mirra??!?

dougi3000
05-25-2002, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by maneatingcow-XBA

Zack won the DOA3 tournament, and bought an island with his money. He then invited all of the DOA girls to his island for a Vollyball tournament. In the game, winning matches gives you points/money, with which you can dress up the DOA girls with different items you purchase.

I think they mean, winning point/money will all allow you to get skimpier costumes, and sexy items. And if you win the tournament, you get to sleep with Zack! *SPOILER* Game Secret: get 2340000Yen you can purchace Semi transparent one piece.

:p

Kortiz
05-25-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by maneatingcow-XBA

That happens to be the girl from Zack's ending in DOA3.

Why is this important? Here is the backstory to DOA Xtreme Vollyball:

DRESS THEM UP!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

why cant we just undress them? huh? huh? huh?

dave_m123
05-25-2002, 04:43 PM
apparently involves stripping and swearing.

MixMasta
05-25-2002, 05:24 PM
mmmmm, looks tasty

Spaztic
05-28-2002, 01:36 PM
bumping this thread, because alot of people that come here during weekdays didn't see this, and it deserves a look...or two!

PSYCH0 GUY
05-28-2002, 06:10 PM
the graphics look sweet, might not be the greatest idea for a game but the visuals make up for it, i'll rent it

X-Ray
05-28-2002, 11:49 PM
To save some cash and some face, I think I might just content myselft with screenshots.:D :) ;) :) :D

DIGITAL
05-29-2002, 12:29 AM
:o this series is gonna turn into a whole lot more

l Maximus l
05-29-2002, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by faceoff508
Yeah..... the visuals..... sure!!

Hell yeah! Did you see the nice set of "visuals" on Tina? :D

Innotech
05-29-2002, 07:36 PM
pathetic. This is a GAME. Damn it I bet you all jerk to H anime too. Just another stupid cash cow game ATTEMPTING to be "mature" yeah, this is really mature :rolleyes: Blinx: Time Sweeper,now THAT is a game.

GokuX
05-30-2002, 02:19 AM
Why can't they take all the development time and cash they're devoting for this game and work on developing gameplay that's actually deep for DOA 4 instead of just improving graphics.

Kortiz
05-30-2002, 01:46 PM
i like it

Kortiz
05-30-2002, 01:49 PM
bleh

Whisper
05-30-2002, 01:59 PM
whats wrong with sitting back and tugging to a nice pic of Hitomi? :confused:

Kortiz
05-30-2002, 02:35 PM
sorry was testing htis new sig a joker from this site hooked me up with.....

Spaztic
05-30-2002, 03:25 PM
if you want you sig to show add a <the url to sig>

knns
05-30-2002, 07:01 PM
I just hope thay have a nude cheat

XxeGoxX
05-30-2002, 10:27 PM
Lol if they where realy people :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :cool:

Liquid Gears
05-30-2002, 11:37 PM
Dude!!! I've never heard of this game until now!!! Is this really an Xbox game with the chicks from DOA or just some made up pics?

GokuX
05-31-2002, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
Dude!!! I've never heard of this game until now!!! Is this really an Xbox game with the chicks from DOA or just some made up pics?

It's real as far as I know.

E-Xbox
05-31-2002, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears

yea its real man

have u not seen the 30 mb trailer?!
u gotta see it...
hehe...

and if u think this is nutz...
just check out dave mirras xxx
thats gonna be crazy....
there is gonna be nudity and stuff in that game
and i mean with real people sometimes!

peace

ALC
06-04-2002, 06:13 PM
haha that's crazy. This game looks wicked cool (you all know why ;)) but i'd be ashamed to walk up to a counter to rent or buy it! lol

Did anyone notice the ball in the video says "DOAX CODE: KUNOICHI" on it?
Perhaps that means something? A CHEAT code maybe?

according to google:
"The Kunoichi were a secret sisterhood in Ancient Japan" .. something to do with woman ninjas.

Coolness. Those guys at temco.. horny bastards i tell ya!