PDA

View Full Version : Xxx

Msterrrr
05-24-2002, 07:26 PM
from gamespot::

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2867964,00.html

The game also features goals like helping a fireman with his limp hose, stopping a stray dog from crapping in the park, stopping a helmet-wearing slow kid from peeing in a pool, and collecting beer cans for a bum. Some goals will attach things to your bike, like a leaf blower or a basket. As is all the rage with alternative sports games these days, Mirra XXX won't have any sort of run timer. Timers will only appear when you accept one of the level's goals. Completing goals earns money, which you can take to the famous strip club, Scores. Spending money here unlocks FMVs of women in various states of undress. Acclaim representatives were unsure if the nudity in these scenes would end up running blurred or totally uncensored. Judging by the nonstop cursing and nudity that will permeate the rest of the game, you can bet that Acclaim will make an attempt to go all out and show as much skin as possible.

The game will feature a create-a-rider option, which will allow you to create nude female riders if that's your thing. According to Acclaim representatives, you can even make the breasts as large as you want. Multiplayer games will include a stripping game, where losing players remove an article of clothing.

We'll save the commentary on this sort of "mature" game for a later date. In the meantime, expect to see Dave Mirra BMX XXX on--or perhaps behind--store shelves in the fourth quarter of the year.

By Jeff Gerstmann, GameSpot VG [POSTED: 05/24/02]

RadRider
05-24-2002, 07:32 PM
I still can't believe this isn't a joke. The Dave Mirra series was easily the best of the extreme sports games, and now with all the nudity and "mature" content, it's basically just lost all the respect it had, at least from me.
IF the gameplay remains solid, then I may rent it, but I'd prefer to not have sexual innuendos thrown in my face all the time when I'm trying to perfect my flat-landing skills. Why couldn't they have done this to the Tony Hawk franchise instead? That franchise wasn't going anywhere anyway.

Master Gracey
05-24-2002, 07:35 PM
LOL!!! :D

That'd be hysterical if something like that actually came out. But one thing bugs me...

It's far too easy to picture some dirty-old-man "Acclaim representative" saying that you can make "breasts as large as you want."

kornavs19
05-24-2002, 07:41 PM
this game sounds hot, man if i didnt know better i'd say this was a hoax....:)