PDA

View Full Version : I beat Hunter!

VAN
05-24-2002, 10:23 PM
Yup, and its longer than I first thought. My game time reads just over 16 hours! Of course it may take less time depending upon how many things yuou decide to kill.

I did get the so called "good ending", (using the defender) and now have the ability to waer the new costumes. :)

Final boss will take you awhile....a looong while.

I wont spoil the ending, so dont ask, but I will be glad to help anyone who is stuck on a particular section of the game.

Im gonna play through again as the Avenger now.....

Have fun!

Marc
05-24-2002, 10:30 PM
My wife and I are using the Judge and the martyr. I think Martyr is a stupid concept, but I like how she fights.

borka105
05-24-2002, 11:05 PM
hey Van, I got the game today and after 3 hrs of gameplay I finally stopped at the figth with the BIG Teddy Bear. I was wondering if you could tell me how far I was in the game? Was I going to slow, or is my pace fine for 3 hrs?

I really took the time to experiment and kill everything I saw.

BTW, I am playing with the Avenger and he kicsk some major A$$.

Peace
-Borka105

VAN
05-24-2002, 11:07 PM
Teddy is boss #2 of 7. You have only just begun....gets better after each level.

I think thats the end of level 3 where you are. There are 24 levels I think.

Good luck!

borka105
05-24-2002, 11:12 PM
holy cr*p this game is a ton longer than I thought. You must be really good to finsih the game in 16 hrs. If I am only on level 3 out of 24 and I have been playing for 3hrs then either I suck or your just a natural. I can now tell that the levels are getting longer.

I have just another quick question. I am not really into the RE type games so when I bought this game I was talking a risk. I like this game a lot because it's just a whole hell of a lot of fun, unlike RE which just tries to scare you silly. So my question is does the game get really scary?

THANKS
-Borka105

VAN
05-24-2002, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by borka105
So my question is does the game get really scary?

I dunno about "scary", but there are a lot of moments ahead where you'll shout out "OH F*CK!" :)

I'm playing through with the Avenger now for my 2nd time through. Ive activated "alternate hunter mode" but have yet to try our "nightmare mode".

borka105
05-24-2002, 11:33 PM
what does alternate hunter mode mean? This game was worth teh whole 49.99 I seriously htink that anyone who doesn't buy this game is missing out on a masterpiece. I can just see my self playing this game for a long time.

-Borka105

VAN
05-25-2002, 12:05 AM
Alternate Hunter Mode gives each of the 4 characters a new costume. :)

Nightmare Mode, I assume, is the same game with added difficulty. I played a few minutes of it on the first level just to see if it changed anything visually...which it doesnt, so I assume its just increased difficulty.

BTW, you wont activate these extra modes unless you rescue enough of the innocents....so dont leave 'em behind. :)

Highlite23
05-25-2002, 12:08 AM
Congrats Van....

What is your opinion on the tactic, if any, i should use in the "Front Yard" I keep getting wasted. I'm playing as the Avenger and have tried a couple different approaches. No such luck. My problem comes when i make my way up to the stage area.

This game is a blast, and Teddy was fun, creepy, but fun!

VAN
05-25-2002, 12:26 AM
refresh my memory please. there are lotsa yards, and lotsa levels. ive only been through once, so i cant recall it right now.

More details please. :)

y2kash_14
05-25-2002, 04:58 AM
Have you found out about any of the button codes mentioned in the load screens??

faceoff508
05-25-2002, 09:53 AM
I just beat the teddy bear, and it was fun! I am playing with Avenger and I think he is the best out of all of them! Just one question: How high did you get with the EXP?

Highlite23
05-25-2002, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by VAN-XBA
refresh my memory please. there are lotsa yards, and lotsa levels. ive only been through once, so i cant recall it right now.

More details please. :)

Well your advice in chat last night worked fine....THANKS!

I thought that was tough.......you were right, it gets ahh....
let's say interesting.

Now i'm stuck in the second mess hall, LOTS OF BAD GUYS, AND NEW MONSTERS!!

I do love this game!!

faceoff508
05-25-2002, 09:59 AM
I have a question: Why isnt Hunter an Xbox Exclusive?

Ninja Scroll
05-25-2002, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by faceoff508
I just beat the teddy bear, and it was fun! I am playing with Avenger and I think he is the best out of all of them! Just one question: How high did you get with the EXP?

Just beat TEDDY BEAR!?:confused: WTF!:eek: Theirs a beddy bear in the game?
I still have only put in an hour and a half, but im gonna dedicate alot of my holiday weekend to this game,...I hope!!

Ah VAN, congrates on beating the game :) It's dat addictive bro?
So let me ask you, are their different senarios for each character or is the game straight forward for all the Hunters?
And have you played multi-player yet? Cause I wanna know how the gameplay and camera work with more people?
Aight, I guess that's enough questions for this post!:)

Ninja Scroll
05-25-2002, 10:26 AM

I think it is un-officially. Interplay has said nothing about it showing up elsewhere on any of the consoles.
Now I know it does not say "Only On Xbox" on the top left hand corner of the game box, but neither does Tecmo's DOA3 and it's XboxeXclusive.

And Interplay would look lame porting this game to another console and have to downgrade everything from the pixels, light effects, ect.
Plus this game was made from the ground up on the Xbox.
Just Ninja's opinion.:cool:

Duke
05-25-2002, 02:58 PM
Passed it this morning with the judge.

109114 exp
3815 kills
71 rescued innocents

Didn't really like his ending, guess I'll try the Defender's.

I really liked this game, my only complaint would be that it was maybe too easy. Definitely worth the money though

dave_m123
05-25-2002, 05:40 PM
lol sh1t over 3000 kills thats a big body count.

y2kash_14
05-25-2002, 06:27 PM
THe reason Hunter doesn't have the Only on Xbox stamp on it is because it isn't Published by Microsoft (same with DoA). Since it is Published by a third party Company they wont put the stamp on the game. Because with any game that isn't Published by Microsoft stands a small chance of it, being on another console. even if they plan it Only for Xbox.

sholmes983
05-25-2002, 09:43 PM
Too easy? Dang, I guess I just suck, because whether I'm playing by myself or with friends, I'm having a hell of a time beating this game...

Shiz_96
05-26-2002, 03:38 AM

It should be. Games developed for xbox first are too advanced for other systems. Did you see what they did to Wreckless? Looks like complete crap on PS2 compared to xbox version.

Marc
05-26-2002, 01:41 PM
WWF RAW has "only on xbox" stamped on it and it wasn't made by Microsoft...

No Fear 23
05-26-2002, 05:11 PM
wow, this game is sweet. my 2 favorite r avenger and defender. but i still havent compelted the game yet. and i am trying to finish it with avenger. man its gets hard as i go by the levels. i've been stuck on the roof where i have to save the innocent before thos b*tches kill them, maybe i oughta try to launch the rockets in the middle of the inocents to blast them away. Any suggestion on how to kill those bit*ches? i've been stuck there for like an hour.:(

VAN
05-26-2002, 05:44 PM
The rooftop innocents...ahhh, yes.

As soon as you approach them, they will come under fire from the 2 machine gun-toting vamps. The best thing to do is disregard the vamp that is in front of you, and blast the vamp to the left with a quick shotgun blast to prevent her fron shooting. Dont try to kill the vamps...just blast the one and keep running for the innocents. After you have rescued them, you can then begin to concentrate on the vamps.

Liquid Gears
05-26-2002, 08:20 PM
Yup, and its longer than I first thought. My game time reads just over 16 hours! Of course it may take less time depending upon how many things yuou decide to kill.

I did get the so called "good ending", (using the defender) and now have the ability to waer the new costumes. :)

Final boss will take you awhile....a looong while.

I wont spoil the ending, so dont ask, but I will be glad to help anyone who is stuck on a particular section of the game.

Im gonna play through again as the Avenger now.....

Have fun!

Must be a SH*TY game if you beat it that fast. I knew that game would be crap. I'm not even gonna waste my money on even renting it.

borka105
05-26-2002, 08:31 PM
your a complete idiot. That's with 1 character. Multiply that by 4 and that tells you how long the game is. If you think 64 hours is a short game then you are totally crazy. This game is by far a must own.

-Borka105

Duke
05-26-2002, 09:40 PM
Anybody rescue all the innocents on the roof? The best I can do is all but one.

And that was with the judge and his crossbow which take them out faster than anything else I've found.

Also just found the accuracy and strength glyphs. Completely missed 'em the first time around.

RadRider
05-27-2002, 12:43 AM
your a complete idiot. That's with 1 character. Multiply that by 4 and that tells you how long the game is. If you think 64 hours is a short game then you are totally crazy. This game is by far a must own.
-Borka105
Sorry, I disagree with that. If the only way to make a game longer is to play it multiple times over with different characters, then that's not good.
Look at the Tony Hawk series. You beat the game with one character, fine. But, then you have to beat it with 12 more characters, each level having practically no variation at all. That's crap. Of course, in Tony Hawk you earn stuff for trudging through the monotonous gameplay, do you get that in Hunter? If so, then the game does have the 64 hour longevity you said it does. Otherwise it's a 16 hour game with an optional extra 52 hours, if you so desire to play it.

VAN
05-27-2002, 02:31 AM
Regarding replay value....

Most of us completed Halo in 18 or so hours. I don't hear anyone complaining about Halo though. Did the extra 2 hours in Halo really make it worth the 50 bucks? No. A game is worth the money for one reason and one reason alone....is it fun?

Hunter is fun.

I've put in about 35 hours now playing with various characters. I'd say it was money well spent. :)

sholmes983
05-27-2002, 11:20 AM

-Borka105

I don't believe you can say a game is a 64 hour game because it takes 14 hours to beat with all 4 characters, heck, they get new costumes with that alternate mode, that's another 64 hour game, then there is nightmare mode, and you can do that with the old costumes (another 64 hours), or with the new costumes (yet another 64 hours), Sweet, That's like 256 hour game :). But yeah, I still consider it a must own.

faceoff508
05-27-2002, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn
Anybody rescue all the innocents on the roof? The best I can do is all but one.

And that was with the judge and his crossbow which take them out faster than anything else I've found.

Also just found the accuracy and strength glyphs. Completely missed 'em the first time around.

Whats so hard about that level, its so easy! What I do is run and rescue all the innocents and deal with the vampires later on!!

No Fear 23
05-27-2002, 04:08 PM
thanks for ur help van, i finally saved them and killed those bit*ches. LOL now im stuck on this part where u have to save 5 innocents before the buliding collapses. i trouble trying to focus on the doors that i have to go to to save all the innocents, but the problem is that those monsters keeps making me losing my focus because im trying to run away from them. and i dont have time to kill them all, i am playing as avenger. what is the best weapon to kill them while saving the innocents??

VAN
05-27-2002, 04:52 PM
irule, in the Hospital level, do not bothger trying to kill anything...it will only waste time. You may have to shoot one from time to time to get it outta your way, but never try to kill them.

Your best strategy here is to first rescu the innocent located within the cage near the computer terminal where you first start the level...if you save her for last, the room will be overrun with zombies and getting to her is much more difficult.

After her, follow a clockwise patter in the room going through each door 1 at a time...each room has 1 innocent to save.

No Fear 23
05-27-2002, 05:46 PM
LOLhey van, help me again! i just saved all the innocents in time and im in the basement where i have to kill the boss. i thought i was gonna get off easy killin the boss until those 3 big huge 3 arms guys apeared. i was standing around the boss, going in circles, toasting him with the flame thrower, then those 3 big bastards apeared. i went throght this 3 times and im tired of killing all those little white green farters. its a pain in the ass but the game is awesom tho. so, ne sugggestions on how to kill that ugly boss? and what to watch out for?

to all those ppl out there who thinks that game was easy, screw u all!:mad: LOL

faceoff508
05-27-2002, 09:13 PM
irule, in the Hospital level, do not bothger trying to kill anything...it will only waste time. You may have to shoot one from time to time to get it outta your way, but never try to kill them.

Your best strategy here is to first rescu the innocent located within the cage near the computer terminal where you first start the level...if you save her for last, the room will be overrun with zombies and getting to her is much more difficult.

After her, follow a clockwise patter in the room going through each door 1 at a time...each room has 1 innocent to save.

I also need help.. I cant beat Carpenter, he always heals himself when I am about to finsh him off! The guns dont hurt him that much, and the only thing I can use is the sowrd. How can I beat this bastardd?

VAN
05-27-2002, 11:15 PM

I also need help.. I cant beat Carpenter, he always heals himself when I am about to finsh him off! The guns dont hurt him that much, and the only thing I can use is the sowrd. How can I beat this bastardd?

You need to access hunter-net in the room just prior to fighting Carpenter. It tells you how to kill him. :)

ftyards
05-28-2002, 10:51 AM

anchors the key:D

Duke
05-28-2002, 09:05 PM

Whats so hard about that level, its so easy! What I do is run and rescue all the innocents and deal with the vampires later on!!

I didn't say anything was hard about the level. Just even when I run straight to the innocents they always kill one before I get there.

I was just wondering if anyone had saved all of them since it lets you continue even if you lose 2 or 3.

l Maximus l
05-29-2002, 02:44 AM
Van! Congrats on your victory! I'm curious, though...have you had a chance to play Hunter with more one person? In other words, have you played with 2+ people at the same time? I got my taste of it tonight and it's so much more fun! Takes a lot of strategy...and I recommend playing it all the way through first with mutliple people while having the option of not being able to kill your partner! I played it with the mode that you can accidentally kill your buddy and it was so tough! Then we put it on the mode where you can't kill eachother no matter how much you try or don't try and it was much more fun! :D

I figure once I get even more experience, it will be great to check out the functions where you can actually injure your partners...but, that will be many hours from now! Hunter is a top notch game, and, I agree, money well spent :)

Duke
05-29-2002, 10:00 AM
Played 3-player last night. SOooOooo much harder than 1 player.

Fun, but next time I think I'll take the easy way and turn off friendly fire. The 2 people I played it w/ was their first time, and I was the one who kept killing my teammates.

Guess I don't play well with others.

Felon
05-29-2002, 04:22 PM
I hate this blasted da*n werewolf...Die already!

Dr_J
05-29-2002, 08:23 PM
***********SPOILER************

VAN,

I'm in the attict and without giving too much away to the other posters, I need help. I keep getting wasted. But, I think I have the basics on how to kill the bad guy. OK, here we go.

Shoot bad guy until he runs away from the boarded up end of the room to the hole on the other end. While he's there beat the hell out of the boards. Do I need to keep doing this over and over until he's dead or is there something missing?

Also, rescue not 3 but 2, right? Bad things seem to happen when 3 are free. :D

VAN
05-30-2002, 12:37 AM
I rescued all 3. The 2 clones that appear are much easier to kill (just blast them with the machine gun and they wither and die quickly) but you dont *have* to free any of them, if you choose not to.

To defeat the main boss, bring his health down to 50% and he will be lured from the window. Now hit that window with a barrage of gunfire and eventually it will break and when the boss comes back towards it, hes toast.

You may need to lure him away more than once, but you've got the right idea.

greggp666
06-02-2002, 09:39 AM
just beat it using DEFENDER
exp:90805
kills:3099
rescues:65

kick a$$ game .lets see if i can top this.:rolleyes:

faceoff508
06-02-2002, 12:33 PM
I hate the final boos!! He is annoying!! I have yet to beat him. But one day I WILL!

BlindSniper
06-02-2002, 08:16 PM
Van! Congrats on your victory! I'm curious, though...have you had a chance to play Hunter with more one person? In other words, have you played with 2+ people at the same time? I got my taste of it tonight and it's so much more fun! Takes a lot of strategy...and I recommend playing it all the way through first with mutliple people while having the option of not being able to kill your partner! I played it with the mode that you can accidentally kill your buddy and it was so tough! Then we put it on the mode where you can't kill eachother no matter how much you try or don't try and it was much more fun!

I figure once I get even more experience, it will be great to check out the functions where you can actually injure your partners...but, that will be many hours from now! Hunter is a top notch game, and, I agree, money well spent

Actually even if you have the mode where you cannot hurt eachother I have found away.........beware of rokcet launchers

lol but yeah i killed me and my friend about 4 times and he did the same with the big nuke. Be afraid be very afraid. But one guy asked how to kill the morgue guy when the 3 ugly dudes come up.........just shoot the uglys with a gun run around while occasionlally shooting moregy morgan and his little pekcer arm.

UltimateAg
06-03-2002, 12:47 PM
Has anyone figured out the button combos to get extra weapons that is described in one of the load scenes?

y2kash_14
06-03-2002, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by UltimateAg
Has anyone figured out the button combos to get extra weapons that is described in one of the load scenes?
yes i have.......and for a small fee i can tell you

j/k

zfBRAT
06-04-2002, 01:16 AM
what does alternate hunter mode mean? This game was worth teh whole 49.99 I seriously htink that anyone who doesn't buy this game is missing out on a masterpiece. I can just see my self playing this game for a long time.

-Borka105 I just bought Hunter for $49.99, and they gave me a free Night of the Living Dead dvd...woohoo!

UltimateAg
06-04-2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by y2kash_14

yes i have.......and for a small fee i can tell you

j/k

j/k about the small fee, or j/k about figuring the button combos out?

Jack's Colon
06-04-2002, 07:08 PM
Yeah, I'd say Hunter's the second best game I've played or seen, second only to Halo. Definitely worth the $50. I've been stuck on the final boss for quite a while now (oy gevalt...), so if someone wouldn't mind e-mailing me (GreatWolf21@hotmail.com) how to beat him, I'd greatly appreciate it. As for the button combos, I'd like to find those out, too...

Thanks,
Jack's Colon

zfBRAT
06-05-2002, 02:07 AM
I can't believe the ratings on Hunter on EBGames. What do those people who knock it expect?

Unreal
06-05-2002, 10:44 AM
I beat the game with the defender and I am now going through it with the martyr. After I beat it with all 4 characters I am going to play through on nightmare. I wish there was more stuff to unlock but I guess as it stands Hunter is a great game.

Jack's Colon
06-05-2002, 02:06 PM
Nevermind, I beat it... thanx anyways, though. Going into the final battle, I have 100754 experience, 3600 kills, 14 lives, and 64 rescues... with Padre Estaban. Awesome game; I'm going to get Morrowind tonight. Great Site, this...