PDA

View Full Version : Xbox at it's lowest in Japan!

faceoff508
05-25-2002, 09:31 AM
Japanese magazine Famitsu has posted their weekly hardware sales list which covers Japan. This week sales on Xbox dropped significantly, the lowest since just after launch,. Drops varied from 2,000+ units for Xbox to a rather large 9,000 for PlayStation 2

PlayStation 2: 61,979 (Annual: 1695,674)
Game Boy Advance: 35,299 (Annual: 1,068,313)
GameCube: 10,641 (Annual: 427,605)
PSOne: 3,036 (Annual: 122,133)
Xbox: 1,872 (Annual: 209,408)
Game Boy Color: 1,869 (Annual: 67,258)

This makes me sad http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif

Highlite23
05-25-2002, 10:01 AM
You know, i'm wondering how the economy is effecting the Japan sales?? It seems to be dropping accross the board so i'm not to worried.

Everytime i look at the Japanese news it's about it'a struggling econmy.

MixMasta
05-25-2002, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by highlite23
You know, i'm wondering how the economy is effecting the Japan sales?? It seems to be dropping accross the board so i'm not to worried.

Everytime i look at the Japanese news it's about it'a struggling econmy.

i agree

but if thats not the case once we get some more sega (i.e. pso, panzer dragoon) i think japanese people will be want more xbox.

Kooster
05-25-2002, 12:01 PM
Man! Gameboy color is almost beating it! I wonder y they arent buying it. I wish i could speak japanese so i could ask them, and do my best to persuade them to get Xbox. Maybe MS isn't doing enough advertising. I did see that one ad w/ the japanese girl in a bikini over the Xbox! I bet the girls dont like that one. Then again, mostly males play video games.

Kortiz
05-25-2002, 02:05 PM
who cares about japan?

Xbox Owner
05-25-2002, 03:51 PM
Man, what's wrong with them?!:confused:

CoMATOSE
05-25-2002, 05:26 PM
i'm sure DOA xtreme vollyball 'al change that.......lol

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-25-2002, 06:18 PM
screw the japs they dont deserve our great games.

Kortiz
05-25-2002, 06:57 PM
now cmon Proudxboxowner, you dont need to get all racial about it, i mean, we dont have to use names like that to accociate with the Japanese peeps.

but i agree, that we dont even need to worry about Japan.

all Microsoft needs to do is the U.S. if they want our precious Xbox, then they can pay gobs of money to get it.

Genesis
05-25-2002, 08:10 PM
I'm guessing the peeps in japan don't even take the xbox seriously and simply refuse to buy/play anything not japanese. They're not impressed by system specs. or graphical capability either, they just play games. No matter what microsoft boasts, it won't change their minds and besides I think they'd all rather go without a console than play an american game or console for that matter...it's the sad truth. Has anyone noticed a majority of the good games on xbox at the moment ARE japanese games??? **hint** **hint** :rolleyes:

Kortiz
05-25-2002, 08:35 PM
what games are those?

Alien
05-25-2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH
what games are those?

I was wondering that myself.

Plewis
05-25-2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by PROUDXBOXOWNER
screw the japs they dont deserve our great games.

oh no... not another one of "these threads":rolleyes: . My respect for you has hit a new low... I'll just leave it at that... congrats you have joined wwfeomaniac in the most ignorant people on the threads:) ... but to whoever said PSO will change their mind... GCN gets it a long time before xbox will ever see it... I dont know why... we'll be online sooner... I think...:confused:

BCan
05-25-2002, 09:06 PM
Ever think that the bad batch of XBOX's, as small as it was, that scratched games CD's that seemed to hit Japan. What happened here was some of the major retailers dropped them off their product line, only to put it back on a few weeks later.

It got a bad name at opening, and no doubt they thought that this American console was lacking in quality from it's Asian bretheren.

Fixxer
05-25-2002, 09:15 PM
Was this before or after the price cut in Japan? Or has MS even cut the price yet? I thought there was a price cut coming after the NA price cut.

Genesis
05-25-2002, 11:22 PM
what games are those?

I've only seen about 2 gems from the states...Halo and Rallisport. All the rest of my xbox games are japanese games. Very few of the american titles really appeal to me. It's weird japan's still making titles for the xbox even though it's flopping in their own country... :confused:

OEM Alien
05-25-2002, 11:34 PM
the japanese people are eliteist, seperatist, racists towards caucasian people and american / caucasian made products in genereal, it's true of all american made electronics/electronic products. that is why it's not selling. they feel threatened because america is beating them at the technology game, and they can't and won't accept it. the japanese have a high sense of pride torwards there own homeland and the electronics products that their country and people produce, they usualy are world leaders in this field. they're not winning in terms of which is the best console, in this case, and they can't stand it. so they ignore it, and boycott it like it's not there, because they don't want to accept the truth that an american product is better than their japanese product.
that is the truth and the fact of the matter at hand.
:D

Genesis
05-26-2002, 12:08 AM
I agree with OEM alien, except the part about that xbox is better. That opinion's a bit one-sided. Spec wise xbox is better.