PDA

View Full Version : Xbox on the internet!

Xboxderekman
05-25-2002, 12:29 PM
Yesterday, I went out and got a switch and some cables.

Now, I have my xbox on the internet, at gamespy arcade!

Yahhhh!:cool:

I can waste on just about anyone! My name is Mad Cat on there. Some one challenge me to a 1vs1.

Azazel
05-25-2002, 12:46 PM
Will someone move this to the OFF TOPIC LOUNGE!

No offense xboxderekman, but after a long work week I come into the General discussion to catch up on all this new info after E3, and then I find this crap.

Please think before you post.

Kortiz
05-25-2002, 02:15 PM
well....how about we all just calm down a lil huh? if i had gamespy i would look ya up, however i gots no cable yet *sighs*

Plewis
05-25-2002, 02:52 PM
ill be getting gamespy in a couple weeks... hopefully I dont have any trouble with cables or anything

VenoM
05-25-2002, 03:52 PM
forget gamespy...get xbox connect....... www.xbconnect.com ........ my name is [XBA] Venom and sometimes just Venom :cool:

Azazel
05-25-2002, 06:33 PM
xboxconnect is not as good as gamespy in my opinion. Gamespy is MUCH easier and user friendly.

Gamespy sucks though because it has some problems with freezing up. I would definetly take Gamespy over xbconnect if I had to choose.

GRAVEDIGGER
05-25-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Xboxderekman
Yesterday, I went out and got a switch and some cables.

Now, I have my xbox on the internet, at gamespy arcade!

Yahhhh!:cool:

I can waste on just about anyone! My name is Mad Cat on there. Some one challenge me to a 1vs1.

Congrats man...have fun

Untill next time...:mad:

Xboxderekman
05-27-2002, 02:48 AM
Gamespy: Little Lag, more rooms to choose, User friendly

XBconnect:Quick and easy to get going, deticated to xbox, no advertisments

-thats my opinion

BCan
05-27-2002, 08:20 AM
Please refresh my mind, as much as I work in IT, I haven't dealt with networking for a while, which deals with higher level layers in the OSI 7 layer model, a switch or a hub?

If a switch is all I need to get a cable modem to connect to my XBOX, then I'll be there soon. Otherwise, if there are advantages to having a hub, let me know too...

MOrgE
05-27-2002, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Azazel
xboxconnect is not as good as gamespy in my opinion. Gamespy is MUCH easier and user friendly.

Gamespy sucks though because it has some problems with freezing up. I would definetly take Gamespy over xbconnect if I had to choose.

i don't know about anybody else... but Gamespy was nothing but problems for me.... and not to mention lag...

XBConnect is better i think because it is dedicated to the Box and nothing more...

but thats just my opinion :)

Gaws
05-27-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by BCan
Please refresh my mind, as much as I work in IT, I haven't dealt with networking for a while, which deals with higher level layers in the OSI 7 layer model, a switch or a hub?

If a switch is all I need to get a cable modem to connect to my XBOX, then I'll be there soon. Otherwise, if there are advantages to having a hub, let me know too...

Switch: Smarter, doesn't waste bandwidth, reconizes the DSL modem

Hub: A cheap excuse for a switch

Gaws
05-27-2002, 04:51 PM
BY the way, I am xbox derek man.

BCan
05-27-2002, 10:23 PM
Thanks Gaws, should've known that a switch does more work than a hub - now I remember, a Hub broadcasts to all ports on the hub, a switch only shoots it off to the correct port