PDA

View Full Version : Shenmue and Phantasy Star for Xbox!

sinizuh
10-12-2001, 12:26 AM
Sega has announced that it is creating the sequel to Shenmue and an online version of Phantasy Star Online for the Xbox console and promises that both titles will push the envelope in terms of technical excellence. The Sega-AM2 team is developing Shenmue II while the Sonic Team will be developing the networked RPG game, Phantasy Star Online. Phantasy Star Online (working title) for Xbox will provide content that will be a major factor in Microsoft's broadband network strategy.

``In addition to the numerous Xbox game titles previously released by Sega, the significance of major titles such as 'Shenmue II' and 'Phantasy Star Online (working title)' being added to the lineup is just enormous,'' said Robbie Bach, chief Xbox officer at Microsoft. ``Gamers will have the opportunity to enjoy masterpieces by world-renowned Yu Suzuki and Yuji Naka through the powerful graphics, sound and broadband network capabilities of Xbox.''

``By bringing 'Shenmue II' and 'Phantasy Star Online (working title)' to Xbox, we are bringing Sega's renowned franchises to even more gamers worldwide,'' said Peter Moore, president and COO, Sega of America. ``We expect that both titles will be killer apps on Xbox and that the technical capabilities of the platform will surely bring both games to new levels in terms of graphics and experience.''

Expect more good news soon.

oh hell ya! nothin beats PSO... NOTHING! :mad: :mad:

Aaron
10-12-2001, 03:17 AM
o.....m.....g

Shenmue !!!!!!!!!!!!! YESS!!!!!!!! oh man that is some awesome news!

Today (October 12) At 4pm eastern time, log in to the chat room and lets all gather info and chill and stuff..... BE THERE!

H.O.V.A
10-12-2001, 08:21 AM
thats great news Shenmue on the X-box **** I can't wait.

l Maximus l
10-12-2001, 12:06 PM
Wow, the staff members at XBox Addict certainly didn't waste any time...both of those games were added this morning on the game list on this site! Sweet!

-Maximus

sinizuh
10-12-2001, 01:46 PM
the games were annouced last night @ midnight my time (moutain) i was there live :D

Xboxmaster2001
10-12-2001, 03:26 PM
hell yeah PSO for xbox i cant belive it its too good to ne true and shenmue thats sweet as ****.

Severe_Tire_Damage
10-12-2001, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by FuNiOnZ
o.....m.....g

Shenmue !!!!!!!!!!!!! YESS!!!!!!!! oh man that is some awesome news!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prfthtfnbyridts
10-13-2001, 02:50 PM
I think Shenmue is still on the DC in Europe and PSO isn't exclusive, PSO ver.2 is still going to the GameCube.

Sebastian-XBA
10-13-2001, 07:18 PM
this is old news for old people, but new news for newer people, follow me?

Fist_Of_God
10-14-2001, 09:37 PM
Shenmue was a terrific game on the DC but was often plagued by inadiqute power offered by the DC. Severe pop-up was a concern of mine throughout the game, but now seeing as how its been moved to the X-Box I believe this problem will be fixed.

Severe_Tire_Damage
10-14-2001, 10:33 PM
There was sooo much good stuff in shenmue that it completly eclipsed the one bad thing. I never even realized teh pop up prob until you mentioned it. I mean that and when you drivve the forklift into a cat or something and it makes you stop.

Fist_Of_God
10-15-2001, 08:21 AM
Dont get me wrong Shenmue was an incredible game, my point is that on X-Box imagine what more can be done with the series :)

Severe_Tire_Damage
10-15-2001, 10:08 PM
Nonono...I know what youre saying and I agree but I was just saying that it, for me, didn't really take away from my shenmue experience.