PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmm, yall done looked at yer dang ole Bestbuy ads lately? LIKE TODAY MAYBE?!?!?!?!?

Kortiz
05-25-2002, 04:48 PM
*turns on his texan accent*

Well well well, dagone man, done been lookin in dem dere newspapers today and saw that dang ol bestbuy lookin-n-want paper. figured lets see whats goin on down dere in dat dang ol bestbuy these days, btw they just had a stock split and i gots more stock now in dere, WOOHOO, anyway, i look at the 3rd page and i see Gamecube is 199 still.....and PS2 is 299 still....but, now i dunno what is goin on down hea, but i tell ya, Xbox is 199...i know GC was supposed to be lowered to 150 soon, thought it was already 150, and ps2 lowered their price to 299 before Xbox, so WHY IS PS2 still 199? MAUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, Xbox is gonna get some business at my local Bestbuy today, i reckon it could be a misprint, but hey, them jokers are smart, cuz i know them jokers didnt do this on dagoned accident. this is a good misprint if you ask me. Errbody is gonna go get them one of these.

EDIT: mixed up a few prices it should read like this.

Well well well, dagone man, done been lookin in dem dere newspapers today and saw that dang ol bestbuy lookin-n-want paper. firgured lets see whats goin on down dere in dat dang ole bestbuy these days, btw they just had a stock split and i gots more stock now in dere, WOOHOO, anyway, i look at the 3rd page and i see Gamecube is 199 still.....and PS2 is 299 still....but, now i dunno what is goin on down hea, but i tell ya, Xbox is 199....i know GC was supposed to be lwoered to 150 soon, thought it was already 150, and ps2 lowered their price to 199 before Xbox, so WHY is PS2 still 299?
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, Xbox is gonna get some business at my local Bestbuy today, i reckon it could be a misprint, but hey, them jokers are smart, cuz i know them jokers didnt do this on dagoned accident, this is a good misprint if you ask me. Errbody is gonna go get them one of these.

MixMasta
05-25-2002, 05:21 PM
i get my bestbuy ad on sunday. any good game sales, like hunter???????

Kortiz
05-25-2002, 05:25 PM
buy 2 xbox titles and you get 10bucks off on ur next one LOL, nfl before savings is 29.99, pgr is 39.99, 007 & Halo & World Series Baseball are 49.99 all before savings, if you buy 2 other titles. so i reckon, get Hunter: The Reckoning, and some other game and you can get NFL Fever for 29bucks.....*shrug*

not all that good, but the new peeps getting Xbox since this "misprint" peeps are sure to get 2 titles already and why not pick up something else with this new deal they gots this weekend.

Xbox Owner
05-25-2002, 05:30 PM
I got my World Seres Baseball today, and it was 44.99??

Hugh_Jass
05-26-2002, 12:00 AM
I bought Hunter for $44.99 today, minus a $5 coupon from EGM.

$39.99 -- not too shabby.

MixMasta
05-26-2002, 08:49 AM
where did u gt it for 44 hugh jass

DBXNY
05-26-2002, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH

...i see Gamecube is 199 still.....and PS2 is 299 still....but, now i dunno what is goin on down hea, but i tell ya, Xbox is 199...i know GC was supposed to be lowered to 150 soon, thought it was already 150, and ps2 lowered their price to 299 before Xbox, so WHY IS PS2 still 199?...

Are you sure you or your double didn't write the ad for them? (hehe):)

Kooster
05-26-2002, 10:54 AM
I got Hunter at Gamestop yesterday, and it was the most annyoing thing ever. My mom got me Jedi Starfighter for my b-day on 5-18, and i didnt really want it, so we went to Gamestop to exchange it for Hunter. When we got there, i gave my receipt to a worker, and hes said i couldnt return it becuase it had been over 7 days. But it had only been 6 days, the guy couldnt add. So then he said," well its a mature title so u'll need a parent w/ u." I brought my mom to the worker, and he told her that the game had chopping off heads and blood gushing everywhere, which is true, but u can turn all of it off. So i brought up that u can turn it off, and then another worker said that it just turns the blood green and the body parts still go flying (which is a complete lie!) One of the workers told my mom that she could watch it being played, so he opened up a new hunter and put it in the xbox. The original worker told me to pick the character martyr (obviously he has hunter cuz he knows the most violent character, stupid hypocrite!.) So i picked that character and turned the blood off, and it wasnt that bad. The zombies would just die, then disappear. So my mom said i could get it, and i started looking around the store. I overheard a worker telling my mom that i would just turn the blood on when she was gone. That made me rlly mad. They were treating me like i was some bad kid! I have had the game for a day now and have always turned the blood off. Anyway, i got hunter. They had to open up the wrapper on jedi starfighter because they thought we might have taken the game out. The whole store was concentrated on me yesterday, everyone was staring. I was so embarrassed. I will never buy anything from there again!

Xbox Owner
05-26-2002, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by hotshot657
The whole store was concentrated on me yesterday, everyone was staring. I was so embarrassed. I will never buy anything from there again!

lol:)

Plewis
05-26-2002, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH

Well well well, dagone man, done been lookin in dem dere newspapers today and saw that dang ol bestbuy lookin-n-want paper. figured lets see whats goin on down dere in dat dang ol bestbuy these days, btw they just had a stock split and i gots more stock now in dere, WOOHOO, anyway, i look at the 3rd page and i see Gamecube is 199 still.....and PS2 is 299 still....but, now i dunno what is goin on down hea, but i tell ya, Xbox is 199...i know GC was supposed to be lowered to 150 soon, thought it was already 150, and ps2 lowered their price to 299 before Xbox, so WHY IS PS2 still 199? MAUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, Xbox is gonna get some business at my local Bestbuy today, i reckon it could be a misprint, but hey, them jokers are smart, cuz i know them jokers didnt do this on dagoned accident. this is a good misprint if you ask me. Errbody is gonna go get them one of these.

thats funny... i was just lookin at the best buy ad and I noticed that too... I thought it might be an old ad, but PS2 lowered their price BEFORE xbox... crazy aint it? I also looked at the circuit city ad, and it has xbox's price break on the cover, but on the inside it also has PS2s maybe that is telling us that more people will buy the xbox because of the price drop... because its on the front and all, but I dont know:confused:

GRAVEDIGGER
05-26-2002, 12:10 PM
Well thats str8, its great news for the XBOX and bad news for the PS2, which is good news in my book.

Untill next time...:mad:

Frostberg
05-26-2002, 12:38 PM
The whole Xbox $199 price got leaked when someone got ahold of a walmart advertisement showing the Xbox as $199. MS simply told all the big chanis this and they needed time to get it in there ads, Sony and Nintendo probably weren't too sure, and Sony WOULDNT of lowered their price unless they were 100% sure MS was going to lower theirs. And Sony just lowered theirs first to make it apprer and so consumers would thing MS was lowering their price as a retaillation...but us good Xboxers know the truth!
Here's the page for ones who havent seen the ad
http://64.14.232.164/BestBuyInserts/WeeklyFiles/PDFs/0526_02AP1_03AP1.PDF

mtbaird5687
05-26-2002, 01:23 PM
so long story short. you got the game and turned the blood on when your mom left right ;)

Kooster
05-26-2002, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by mtbaird5687
so long story short. you got the game and turned the blood on when your mom left right ;) No! Im a good boy!

DBXNY
05-26-2002, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by hotshot657
No! Im a good boy!

Sure you are:rolleyes:

That's not what I heard:)

Kooster
05-26-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by DBXNY

Sure you are:rolleyes:

That's not what I heard:) What do u mean thats not what u heard?

JohnB
05-26-2002, 10:44 PM
lolz I went to K-mart guys and I saw in their ad that they had the PS2 for 299 and Xbox for 199. Pretty funny stuff

hook-worm J
05-26-2002, 11:05 PM
I checked a shopko ad today and GC was still $199. And I think I saw another add for PS2 that was $299. I didn't see any Xbox ads...

Hugh_Jass
05-27-2002, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by MixMasta
where did u gt it for 44 hugh jass

Best Buy

palme
05-27-2002, 10:42 AM
You are all lucky, xbox games are $70 were i live :(

silvertrace
05-27-2002, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by palme
You are all lucky, xbox games are $70 were i live :(

sheesh, thats crazy expensive, where do u live......:eek:

:):)WELCOME TO XBA, best xbox site on the web:) :)

palme
05-27-2002, 10:51 AM
oi, thank you :)

Live in Sweden, bought my xbox pretty recently(sp?), only got 3 games so far, would be more if it werent for the delay on every games to europe :/

Like Hunter, in shops in the end of june..at best

edit~june/july misstype :D