PDA

View Full Version : with the price drops did anyone...?

BORNGD
05-25-2002, 11:08 PM
did anyone get another system? gamecube? ps2? or just stickin with the box?

Kooster
05-25-2002, 11:09 PM
I'm stickin with Xbox. :)

hook-worm J
05-25-2002, 11:31 PM
I'm getting an xbox b/c of the price drop...

VAN
05-26-2002, 12:06 AM
I bought my ps2 on launch day, as well as my gamecube, though I wish I could have foreseen such an early price drop.

Hugh_Jass
05-26-2002, 12:26 AM
After the GC goes down to $99 I'll probably pick one up. I wouldn't take a PS2 if it was free.

JohnB
05-26-2002, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
I wouldn't take a PS2 if it was free.

lolz I think I've heard you say that before; you must really hate Sony hehe. Well, I am sticking with just my Xbox. I don't have enough time for another console cause I play several hours a day of Counterstrike too. And plus, I think my girl would destroy the next console I bought.

RadRider
05-26-2002, 01:21 AM
If the PS2 drops to $99, I may get it. I wouldn't take a GameCube if someone paid me.

Kortiz
05-26-2002, 01:40 AM
ass much crap as i talk about GC and PS2, i see what htey have to offer and if i was smart i would get all 3 because when it all comes down to the wire.....you are in it for the games not to show off what crap you got. I may break down and get a GC, a few games coming out seems promising and i may get PS2....if and when the price goes down to 99bucks. Xboxlive is the way to go though as far as internet play goes on the internet. that and i play Everquest (dont ever start, if you smoke weed, then just stick to that, the feel and the addictiveness is all there)

anyway that is how i feel now. Xbox is still BY FAR THE BEST CONSOLE TO GRACE THE SYSTEM!!!

VAN
05-26-2002, 02:04 AM
Sheesh. You people arent Gamers, you are what is popularly knows as "Fanboys".

Sometimes ignorance is bliss, but not in the case of consoles.

My Xbox is my most prized possession, however, for me to enjoy the graphical splendor that is Resident Evil, I must use my Gamecube. For me to enjoy the bestiselling Grand Theft Auto series, I must use my PS2.

Don't knock the other consoles. They are all amazing, and each has their respecitve pros and cons.

I adore each of my next-gen consoles, and have enjoyed games on all 3 of them.

To say that PS2 "sucks" is quite simply the most assinine comment a child could make. I say "child", because a mature person should know better than to limit their comments to "this sucks".

Today, there is no such thing as a bad console...it just so happens that of the 3, the Xbox is superior. But that is not representative of the quality of the other 2.

They are all great, which is why I choose to own 1 of each. :)

thunderkiss2k1
05-26-2002, 03:46 AM
Van, I'm probably at least 10 years older than you. I'm not a "child " in other words. But I will go on record as saying that , yes, in fact , Ps2 DOES suck. Its not as powerful as the Xbox, the dvd playback interface as well as its over-all quality is poor. You have to buy those stupid memory cards. And having to buy the harddrive and adaptor seperate(its not even broadband) is rediculous.

Hugh_Jass
05-26-2002, 08:25 AM
I don't hate Sony. I hate jaggies. There are too many great XBOX games for me to put up with inferior graphics.

When PS3 comes out I may reconsider. Until then, it's XBOX for me.

faceoff508
05-26-2002, 08:32 AM
Well, I am not a gamer! I just like to play my Xbox and have fun with it!! I bought the Xbox just to have fun! I will not get any other councel because I love my Xbox. I dont have time to love three councels. So I will stick with my Xbox because I love it. And I bought it to have fun with it. Not to go out and get another councel to love!!

MixMasta
05-26-2002, 08:42 AM
im sticking by the box forever. im not going to pick up any sony or nintendo inferior and obsolete products.

DBXNY
05-26-2002, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
I don't hate Sony.

I do. Sony is notorious for fooling common folk into overpaying for their name as opposed to high quality. That's how they got the PS2 into so many people's homes - their name is just popular. They do the same thing with their other products. Those Wega TVs are way overpriced compared to other brand flat-screened TVs. Their DVD players are less-featured with lower-quality components than other competitors players within similar price cateogories. Their audio receivers are in the same boat, leaving the higher quality stuff for their "ES" line, which still don't even offer as much as their similar priced competitors. But alas, a good majority out there thinks that if something has Sony's name tagged on it, it must be one of the best. To me, Sony is almost like a "BOSE" in disguise - "comparatively" lower quality products with excellent marketing. The PS2 is no exception - it probably should be costing about $99 now.

P.S. I picked up a Gamecube along with Resident Evil and Rougue Squadron, and as of now I still don't see it worth $150. Yeah, RE's graphics are good, but still not as good as many X-box games I've seen. Nonetheless, despite what many are saying, both RE and Rougue Squadron are pretty much the same games as their predecessors. I know that missions an puzzles are different. But they are analogous to the saying "same sh-t different day".

Shorezy
05-26-2002, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by hotshot657
I'm stickin with Xbox. :)

This one says it all.

JohnB
05-26-2002, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by DBXNY

I do. Sony is notorious for fooling common folk into overpaying for their name as opposed to high quality. That's how they got the PS2 into so many people's homes - their name is just popular. They do the same thing with their other products. Those Wega TVs are way overpriced compared to other brand flat-screened TVs. Their DVD players are less-featured with lower-quality components than other competitors players within similar price cateogories. Their audio receivers are in the same boat, leaving the higher quality stuff for their "ES" line, which still don't even offer as much as their similar priced competitors. But alas, a good majority out there thinks that if something has Sony's name tagged on it, it must be one of the best. To me, Sony is almost like a "BOSE" in disguise - "comparatively" lower quality products with excellent marketing. The PS2 is no exception - it probably should be costing about $99 now.

You are correct. At another board I go to, people say DO NOT buy a Sony projection TV. Several of my forum friends had their Sony projection TVs black out on them within a year or 2. Now I will admit that many of their products are fascinating, but Sony is not perfect in every aspect. I'll take Panasonic over Sony any day because you are paying more for Sony's name than you are for the Sony product itself.

anthrax0r
05-26-2002, 10:05 AM
Ive been debating whether or not to pick up a GC since e3 started. Ill Probably end up waiting until i see what kind of game metroid will be, besides that im interested in Eternal Darkness and Wrestlemania. I'll never understand the appeal to the new zelda/mario but I guess thats just me :D

Ive had the xbox and ps2 for some time now and they both basically get the same amount of playtime from me.

Duke
05-26-2002, 10:30 AM
I'll be buying my GC soon, probably won't get a PS2 just because we already have one in the house.

BORNGD
05-26-2002, 10:37 AM
i just bought gamecube for RE...and i think the game is amazing! but now, i dont think i will get another gamecube game for a while...

Afro Aura
05-26-2002, 10:39 AM
I may by a Game Cube if it went down to a low enough price with the PS2 sorry but thats a no go area as I hate the arrogant little b@stard who think they OWN the console market in all honesty I hope they don't sell another console let either Nintendo or Mircosoft get in there a stuff up there plans for console domination the little shyts

Kooster
05-26-2002, 10:42 AM
I am too young to be able to buy more than one console + games, so i chose xbox as my one console because of its hardware and great games. I dont think i have ever bashed PS2 or GC, without good reasoning, (i might have when i was a newbie :rolleyes: ), but if u r in my case, it seems impossible not to be a fanboy, if a fanboy is someone who only likes one system. Ive always thought of a fanboy as someone who bashes another system w/ no good reasoning. I never thought that liking only one system made u a fanboy.

E-Xbox
05-26-2002, 10:43 AM
sup all...

im prob gonna be pickin up a ps2 plus a few games b.c of the drop...
and ill wait till gc drops even lower and then ill get one...

peace

Afro Aura
05-26-2002, 11:03 AM
Hotshot657 don't get me wrong the only reason I won't buy a PS2 is there arrogance and thats it. I'll play by friends PS2 it's just their I own the console market that pi$$es me off

Kooster
05-26-2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Afro Aura
Hotshot657 don't get me wrong the only reason I won't buy a PS2 is there arrogance and thats it. I'll play by friends PS2 it's just their I own the console market that pi$$es me off If i had the money, i wouldnt buy a ps2 either!

GRAVEDIGGER
05-26-2002, 12:26 PM
Well i too like a few peeps in this thread had a PS2 before the XBOX came out. Only to have it from November 15 to this day collecting dust in the presence of the XBOX. I only own 2 PS2 games and thats Capcom Vs SNK 2 and Smackdown: JBI.

But i can tell you this...Never will i purchase a Gamecube..i just cant do it..its friggin Unfathomable, i have found no game that interests me enough for the Cube to make me buy it.

Frankly aside from the Street Fighter games and Wrestling games the PS2 bores me beyond belief:rolleyes:...hmmphh...sad

XBOX All the way.

Untill next time...:mad:

Calve
05-26-2002, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by VAN-XBA
Sheesh. You people arent Gamers, you are what is popularly knows as "Fanboys".

Sometimes ignorance is bliss, but not in the case of consoles.

My Xbox is my most prized possession, however, for me to enjoy the graphical splendor that is Resident Evil, I must use my Gamecube. For me to enjoy the bestiselling Grand Theft Auto series, I must use my PS2.

Don't knock the other consoles. They are all amazing, and each has their respecitve pros and cons.

I adore each of my next-gen consoles, and have enjoyed games on all 3 of them.

To say that PS2 "sucks" is quite simply the most assinine comment a child could make. I say "child", because a mature person should know better than to limit their comments to "this sucks".

Today, there is no such thing as a bad console...it just so happens that of the 3, the Xbox is superior. But that is not representative of the quality of the other 2.

They are all great, which is why I choose to own 1 of each. :)

We know that no system sucks!!! We just say Ps2 and GameCube suck because we are comparing to the Xbox!!!

Peace

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-26-2002, 04:29 PM
ps2 does suck.

ryan123
05-26-2002, 07:40 PM
I'm just going to stick with my xbox. There are so many good games coming out for xbox this year that I don't feel the need to get another system.

Frostberg
05-26-2002, 07:44 PM
I dont think I will get any other consoles...maybe once I see better GC games i'll get one, but I cant see buying an overprices PS2...I mean, the only good games are grand theft auto 3 and gran turismo 3...I think I'll pick up GTA3 tomorrow for the PC, and I dont feel like payingf $220 for GT3...Its pretty sweet that the game is only $20, but still there arent much good games for the PS2 to warrant buying of the system...I'll just wait for the next linup or sequel or whatever to come to the xbox with better graphics

FlyBoy
05-27-2002, 01:25 PM
I'll probably pick up a GC if it drops to 100 bucks, but I don't want a PS2. I don't have anything against Sony or Playstation, I just want to focus my investments on the box.:D

robnyack
05-27-2002, 01:44 PM
yep. we bought a gamecube at $149.

To tell you the truth though, after having a side by side comparision in the same living room on the same tv, after playing xbox and then switching to the gamecube is like driving a mercedes and then switching to a toyota.

Nothing wrong with a Toyota, but, it sure as hell ain't a Mercedes is it?

Highlite23
05-27-2002, 10:22 PM
You know I try really hard too avoid the "My system is better than yours" threads because they really get nowhere.

I'm not hard core by any meens, i bought a DC after owning a NES and Turbo Graphics. I loved the DC, i still love my DC, but i could see that i would have to make the next logical step-up.

So it was going to be a PS2, after all it was the only "NEW" next gen system. I didn't even try to find one during launch, but then i heard about XBOX..........Started doing my homework, and decided on the system that would give me more bang for my buck...XBOX. My other systems now collect dust, not that htey are bad, i just have so much to play on my XBOX, and i enjoy it so much that i don't really play anything else.

My son is into gaming and "used" my DC for as long as we could find games suitable for him (7) This became difficult, so we decided to get a Game Cube for him, he had played a freinds and enjoyed the usuall games, Mario, etc...

I figured that was cool because i could now get RE and anything else that interested me....

Well it's been about 4 months and i have yet to buy a game for GC for myself. Again, the system is nice, my son plays all the time, but i have too much fun on my XBOX and have always found something good to purchase.

So based on that am i a "Fanboy", fine i'll accept it, but you'll never see me posting a thread against another system. I'll knock arrogance, such as Sony expressed at E3...but i hardlly feel that's a sign of Fanboyism.