PDA

View Full Version : Hunter camera?

Hugh_Jass
05-26-2002, 12:44 AM
I just bought Hunter today. Once again, I am blown away by the XBOX. I *LOVE* this game!

Is there any way to control the camera? I'd love to be able to switch to a first person view, too.

I also picked up the S-Controller today. I didn't think I'd like it better than the original, but I do.

RadRider
05-26-2002, 01:29 AM
How is it to reach the "back" and "start" buttons? Similarly, how hard is it to reach the "black" and "white" buttons? The button layout seems totally illogical to me. Also, it seems like my fingers will rub on the back of the controller like they do with the GameCube and PS2 controllers. Has this happened to you?

Rowdie
05-26-2002, 02:11 AM
Use the d-pad to cycle between FIVE diffent levels/zoom. Of course going from 1 to 5 doesn't make much of a differnce and I kind of wonder why they bothered... especially with FIVE levels. All five stink in the same way.

Hugh_Jass
05-26-2002, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Rowdie
Use the d-pad to cycle between FIVE diffent levels/zoom. Of course going from 1 to 5 doesn't make much of a differnce and I kind of wonder why they bothered... especially with FIVE levels. All five stink in the same way.

I was hoping for the ability to swing the camera around to a different direction and/or angle.

I guess what I really want is the camera from Azurik. They nailed it, IMHO.

I don't know why you would ever want to zoom-in. I need to see what's coming. I keep it zoomed-out to max.

Hugh_Jass
05-26-2002, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by RadRider
How is it to reach the "back" and "start" buttons? Similarly, how hard is it to reach the "black" and "white" buttons? The button layout seems totally illogical to me. Also, it seems like my fingers will rub on the back of the controller like they do with the GameCube and PS2 controllers. Has this happened to you?

To be honest, I haven't had to use the black and white buttons much in Hunter so far. The controller itself is very comfortable. With the original controller I had to be careful how I grasped it. After an hour or two I would really start to feel the ridge of the inside wings on my thumb. This ridge is far less pronounced on the S-Controller. Either that, or its size dictates that I hold it in a different manner and the ridge becomes a non-issue.

Either way, I am satisfied with the S-Controller. I'm not saying it's better or worse than the original. I'm saying it provides a satisfying gaming experience and worth a try for anyone in the market for a new controller.

faceoff508
05-26-2002, 08:21 AM
THey did not bother to do this because it would be crazy if you were playing Co-op and each person could change the camera angle! That would mess up the game... so they did not bother! But still ... HUNTER IS A GREAT GAME!!

Snoopy7548
05-26-2002, 02:56 PM
i went down to circuit city today to buy it, but they didnt have it! my circuit city never gets new games. the newest game they have is smashing drive, and who the hell would buy that game? it sucked in the arcade. anyway, i bought the ac/dc-back in black cd instead, cause i wanted to buy something, lol, im going down to toy works tomorrow, they better have hunter

Marc
05-26-2002, 04:18 PM
Hunter is an awesome game. The S controller, IMHO, is the best controller ever made. I liked the big one all right, but after playing with the S controller I traded all the big controllers for three S controllers. Haven't missed the big ones either.