PDA

View Full Version : MS is doing everything right at the TGS! Story & Live Feed!

DOOM
10-12-2001, 01:56 PM
Looks like MS is doing everything right at this show.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...so it's a good time for Microsoft to be rolling out the new stuff, particularly the stunning and seamless Dead or Alive 3, so perfectly packaged that it had at least one Nintendo rep walking by it grumbling weakly about the merits of Super Smash Brothers.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read on the IGN report on Xbox's booth at TGS.
HERE:
http://xbox.ign.com/news/39047.html

Watch The LiveFeed Here:
http://xbox.jp/stream/80intelli.asx

M$, XBOX U.S.A! ;)
HELL YEAH!

l Maximus l
10-12-2001, 02:33 PM
Is it just me, or is the LiveFeed not working for anyone else?

-Maximus

DOOM
10-12-2001, 02:47 PM
It's On The other Side Of The World Man...
9pm EST is 10am Tokyo time.
Check in the evening...

XBOX Is Blowing Em Away!
Even CVG said something positive about Xbox:

Finally, Xbox has come out of its shell. TGS 2001 is the show that proved to many that Xbox is going to be a contender. Not only that, but it's going to have some **** fine exclusive games at long last out of Japan. The latest versions of Dead of Alive 3 and Jet Set Radio Future were enough to blow most of everything else at the show out of the water.

DOA3 is looking beyond brilliant. Microsoft had the game set up in special Dolby Digital 5.1 sound booths, with the action and music pumping out from all around you. The graphics are the most technically brilliant on a home console to date. Artistically, there is also currently little to touch this, except possibly Jet Set Radio Future. The TGS 2001 version featured a couple of new stages, including an electrified arena and a seriously lush aquarium arena, complete with seemingly hundreds of fish and sea creatures swimming behind the action. The forest, mountain, ice cave, and beach levels were also intact, and wonder babe Hitomi was playable in multiple costumes - including the requisite school uniform (dirty buggers). Gameplay however seemed similar as before, counters are relatively easy to pull off, although there is much more freedom of movement and more interaction with scenery. Collision detection is minutely detailed and consequently very satisfying. Dead or Alive 3 currently looks to be nothing short of a work of art.

If we thought it couldn't get any better than that, we weren't expecting Jet Set Radio Future. We battled off in two player mode with Miyoshi-san, one of the game's designers at Sega studio Smilebit, the developer responsible. Miyoshi confirmed that JSRF is nearly three times as long in single player as the Dreamcast version. We were also walked through some of the game's new features - a four player Mario Kart style battle arena mode,
and a new item use button with which you can pick, use, and throw items along the way. The game's character selection screen also showed nearly 20 characters to choose from. Quite a step up.

But none of this touches on the game experience itself. Put simply, JSRF is the coolest video game in the world. We urge you to download the videos we took of the special extended new trailer. The music is some of the best we've heard, in or out of a video game, and the graphics have been filtered, expanded, cleaned up, sped up, and basically made to look twice as good than the DC version. We. Cannot. Wait.

Another highlight on the Xbox stand was Sega's Gun Valkyrie - a hardcore, mech style action game which looks extremely pretty and plays like a dream. The game looks like a cross between Starship Troopers (alien hordes) and old
school robot shoot-a-thon Assault Suit Leynos. We want this game.

First party titles looked... curious. The standout was a destruction racing game called Double S.T.E.A.L. - a fantastically fun driving game, which sees you driving through a crowded city, ploughing through absolutely
anything and everything in your path. These games have been made before, but with nothing like this kind of success. Hundreds of pedestrians, incoming traffic, shops to drive through, heck, whole malls to drive through. Huge, detailed, non-railed environments, everything deforming and blowing up in real time, sparks flying and people jumping out of the way. Great fun!

Helz Yeah!

Xboxmaster2001
10-12-2001, 03:30 PM
when i went online in school today I went to teamxbox.com (for some reason xboxaddict dosnt work on some of those computers) and i saw shenmune 2 and most importantly PSO for xbox i was so ****ing happy ahhh now no more worries about buying other systems for pso

Aaron
10-12-2001, 07:51 PM
Yeah i know, im having the exact same problem with the site.... as are alot of people, i dont know what the deal is

DOOM
10-12-2001, 11:12 PM
It's On Now... Check Out The live feed!

Watch The LiveFeed Here:
http://xbox.jp/stream/80intelli.asx

sinizuh
10-13-2001, 12:57 AM
*just watched MGS2 and Grandia Xtreme movies*

i want to play those for xbox :(

DOOM
10-13-2001, 09:30 AM
When You see These Vids They are Showing, You wont care about those games! Until that is they are announced & Upgraded For XBOX,
BE PATIENT GrAsShOpPa!
They Will Come...
XBOX, M$ U.S.A.!
DUDE WE GOT SEGA!
http://dcmedia.ign.com/media/news/image/shenmue_xbox.gif