PDA

View Full Version : Who is your least favorite publisher/devloper?

faceoff508
05-26-2002, 12:44 PM
The title says it all! I was just wondering since there was a lot of hate going on!

My least favorite is Rockstar for not giving us GTA3 and messing up some games!!

Duke
05-26-2002, 12:50 PM
I'd have to say EA. I actually like a lot of their games, but I think it's dumb they're only doing online for Sony.

GRAVEDIGGER
05-26-2002, 12:55 PM
Well i'd have to say Capcom..reason being is that they are still hesitating to bring us a Street Fighter game!

Untill next time...:mad:

Calve
05-26-2002, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn
I'd have to say EA. I actually like a lot of their games, but I think it's dumb they're only doing online for Sony.

You speak sense!!!!!

THEY'RE NOT EVEN GIVING US FIFA, LET ALON GAMES ONLINE!!!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Peace

Marc
05-26-2002, 01:37 PM
I have to say EA, since they are totally disrespecting the xbox and xbox live. They also have their nose so far up Sony's ass that it's not even funny. EA can kiss my ass.

tWoTOMA
05-26-2002, 02:15 PM
Rockstar isn't giving us GTA at least until 2004. Rumor has it that State of Emergency, which was announced for Xbox, has been cancelled. Max Payne was good, but the Xbox version had absolutely no extras. We aren't getting Mafia or Smuggler's Run, either. We're getting the shaft here big-time.

As far as GTA, don't worry folks, two new games promise to kick it's @$$.

True Crime, is a hybrid of Wreckless and Dead to Rights, in which some missions are driving based, while others will come down to gunfights and-or fistfights. And this time you play as a cop. That's right, it's being billed as an anti-GTA, with better driving physics and the ability to upgrade cars, guns, and fighting skills.

Loose Cannon is a game that has been in development for 6 years or so. It was originally planned for PC, but when Microsoft bought it's developer, it became an X-box exclusive. The idea begane a long time ago, but they never had the technology to actually realise thier potential. Now that they have the Xbox to make the game for, it should rock. Half of the missions are car related, and the other half is a FPS with an open story line like GTA in which you can follow certain missions or just wreak havoc on the streets. Imagine the openness of GTA with the gameplay of Wreckless and Halo!

Icey_Princess
05-26-2002, 02:27 PM
Titus because they just plain suck... Im not very fond of Konami either.... :(

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-26-2002, 04:25 PM
rockstar and ea sports for being sony's sidekicks.

ScorpionX
05-26-2002, 04:32 PM
Rockstar because they directy ported Max Payne from the PC, and had no extras. And SOE is a horrible game and is very boring. Last they are not giving us GTA3.

faceoff508
05-26-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by ratm1mj7
Rockstar because they directy ported Max Payne from the PC, and had no extras. And SOE is a horrible game and is very boring. Last they are not giving us GTA3.

Why dosent your name match the name on your sig?

Xbox Owner
05-26-2002, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508

lol! i just noticed that too.

any way..

i'd have to say.....EA, I just don't like them.:o

Master Gracey
05-26-2002, 05:13 PM
Rockstar is #1 lowest on my list...

They kicked up a big stink to the media when MS tried to pay them to make their games Xbox exclusive, then turned around and took a payoff from Sony. The payoff probably happened last October when GTA3 came out (evidenced by the fact that the three-year deal ends in October 2004). This means they sat on the news for seven months and made the announcement at E3, the biggest event they could possibly choose to slap MS and Xbox owners across the face. Add to that the atrocities Max Payne and State of Emergency, and they take the cake.

Second is EA, for unashamedly being Sony's whipping boy.

Knight
05-26-2002, 05:18 PM
EA & Rockstar for be ****heads!!
EA for not support XBox Live and Rockstar for give XBox a crapy game like SOE & not one of there better games!!

ryan123
05-26-2002, 07:27 PM
I agree with most the people in this thread. I think Rockstar sucks! Not giving us GTA is retarded. I can't wait till that loose cannon game comes out cuz it will probably be better anyways.

Dyslexic Chaos
05-26-2002, 09:55 PM
Easy one guys. The worst developer is 989 studios. They haven't released a good game since Gameday 98.

RadRider
05-26-2002, 10:10 PM
Least favorite publisher: EA
Least favorite developer: Squaresoft

ScorpionX
05-26-2002, 10:29 PM
"ScorpionX" is my name on XBconnect and my sn so and I usually use that name.

Slacker
05-27-2002, 01:09 AM
Rockstar for sure, EA makes mostly sports games so and I don't play sports games

I remember reading that Rockstar was in some sort of Legal trouble recently so I assume the three year Deal came out of Sony Paying some legal bills ,

I would love it if they went Under due to legal reasons .and Microsoft bought them out, if Rockstar filed for Bankruptcy then Microsoft bought them, the Deal with Sony would be Null and void, and we would have GTA3,4,5,6,7,8,9....ect... But I think GTA isn't going to live up to future Xbox games

So let EA and Rockstar jump on the sinking ship .

and EA isn't completly out of the picture with XBOX Live ,, they just need more stroking from Microsoft , Rockstar on the other has Sold their soul

XBOX MSSC
05-27-2002, 08:15 AM
nintendo, i can't stand that *** happy @$$ *** mario ;)

Dre
05-27-2002, 08:23 AM
THQ for releasing lame half-done games.

silvertrace
05-27-2002, 08:36 AM
EA for not launching Madden for xboxlive, now i have to play Fever for my online football needs.......:(

faceoff508
05-27-2002, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by ratm1mj7
"ScorpionX" is my name on XBconnect and my sn so and I usually use that name.

Are you sure this is the right thread??

BCan
05-27-2002, 08:44 AM
silvertrace, this has disturbed me ever since I saw your sig pic.

Why isn't the text written how Yoda says it, or would say it?

"Begun, this console war has..."

Dre
05-27-2002, 08:46 AM

Are you sure this is the right thread??

But earlier on....

Hmmm.... asks a question then rags on him.. sounds like memory loss. You been smoking alot of herb faceoff? :)

silvertrace
05-27-2002, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by BCan
silvertrace, this has disturbed me ever since I saw your sig pic.

Why isn't the text written how Yoda says it, or would say it?

"Begun, this console war has..."

i didn't wanna steal the idea entirely, i wanted to add my own flavor.......i've seen the flick 3 times, i know what he says:rolleyes:

*silvertrace works diligently on a new sig :rolleyes:

faceoff508
05-27-2002, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Dre

But earlier on....

Hmmm.... asks a question then rags on him.. sounds like memory loss. You been smoking alot of herb faceoff? :)

Oh, I thought I asked that in another thread!! Oh well!!

BCan
05-27-2002, 08:59 AM
Silvertrace, why not keep samuel l. jackson but use a pic out of Shaft of him

"Who's the black machine that's a sex machine to all the chicks?"

"XBOX"

"You're Damn Right!!"

silvertrace
05-27-2002, 09:02 AM

"XBOX"

"You're Damn Right!!"

LOL, i'm a big sam jackson fan myself.......i liked him in Long Kiss Goodnight and Pulp Fiction........:cool:

but i have decided to keep my sig like it is, and u will like it:eek:

*silver waives his hand in front of BCan's face and he replies, "DAMN SILVER, ur siggy is TIGHT just the way it is"

Dre
05-27-2002, 09:03 AM

"XBOX"

"You're Damn Right!!"

lol, thats awesome!

Veno
05-27-2002, 09:35 AM
I have to go with Dre on this one, I despise THQ for hyping people up about their upcoming games and then you learn they always have some huge flaws.

Hugh_Jass
05-27-2002, 01:24 PM
Microsoft is my favorite publisher for XBOX games. Their titles have (almost) always been of superior quality. For sheer numbers of great games you can't go wrong with MS first party titles.

CALzinger
05-27-2002, 08:10 PM
sounds quite negative, oh well

my least fravorite producer is konami for making bad ESPN games while comparable to sega's 2k"_" series and microsoft's blah blah.

especially because air force delta storm DIDN'T HAVE MULTIPLAR , if it did, then konami would the BEST (next to bungie).

i mean cmon, do you think it is REALLY THAT HARD TO MAKE MULTIPLAYER CAPABILITIES?