View Full Version : Suikoden 3

Knight
05-26-2002, 05:21 PM
Anyone have any info on this game??
Gamestop list it as a XBox game:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=210181

wweomaniac
05-26-2002, 05:25 PM
and wtf is this game?? I've neve heard aboot it in my life. I see its made by Konami though.

faceoff508
05-26-2002, 05:35 PM
Never heard of it!!

dougi3000
05-26-2002, 08:43 PM
geezus, this game is awesome. Havent you played Suikoden 1 and 2???

it is an console type RPG with some stratagy battles like Advance Wars.

Where have you guys been? Are you new to RPGs or Games? Suikden 2 was a great game.

Knight
05-26-2002, 09:31 PM
E3 2002: Suikoden III: Hands-On
An RPG with three-dimensions and a return to familiar territory.

May 22, 2002 - The Suikoden series is one of the oldest, most respected Role-Playing games on the PlayStation console. An early savior in the PSOne's young days of RPG oppression, the tale of 108 stars of destiny is one that has forever become engraved in the memories of early 32-bit gamers. Seven years and three follow-ups later, the PlayStation 2 finally continues the saga.

But don't get comfortable; Suikoden III isn't your father's RPG. While staples like runes, weapon upgrades, and addicting gambling mini-games have made their return; all new features and graphical approaches help move the series into our millennium.

Now entirely in 3D, moving across the landscape is liken to Final Fantasy and Shadow Hearts. Accompanied by a radar map in the upper right hand corner, moving through the undulating terrain was an adjustment, especially for 2D Suikoden veteran. After a couple of battles though, it was business as usual, and going from place to place was a synch.

Speaking of battles, they're pretty spectacular. Shown in a similar style to Wild Arms or perhaps Legend of Legaia, the constantly moving 3D combat scenery was stunning. Excellent lighting effects and kick-ass pyrotechnics during magic spells are nothing short of awesome, and reactions to injuries through body language and constantly changing facial expressions are the order of the day. Luckily, players who fought their way through the first two PlayStation games will have no problem getting used to the interface, as other than a few aesthetics, its identical to the originals.

The character designs are inspired, with a uniquely Japanese take on medieval fantasy. Lizard men, kobolds, and ducks in army helmets are but a few of the wildly fantastic freaks and knights that Suikoden III offers to its followers. The creativity and production values are off the charts.

Too bad we couldn't glimpse at the fortress system. An intricate aspect of the earlier Suikoden games, the ability and need to add-on to your fortress was not only essential, but cool as well. And from what we've heard from the brass at Konami, the new castle system is much more advanced; with an open-ended take on a typically enclosed environment.

A great experience in the making, Suikoden III has quickly risen as a "Most Wanted" title for plenty of IGN staffers in the E3 war room. Scheduled to clock in at around 50-80 hours of game time, packed full of characters, and looking as beautiful as a game can be, we anxiously await its appearance later this year.
-- Jeremy Dunham

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/360/360489p1.html

DVDGNZ
05-27-2002, 05:37 AM
YESSS! I hope this is true! I might not have to buy a PS2 afterall!!!

UltraMuffin
05-27-2002, 07:43 AM
Back when I got my PS1, I was torturing myself waiting for FF7 to be released... the summer before it came out I found Suikoden sitting on the shelf at the video store... it was the first RPG I recall ever seeing for the PS1... Anywho, I rented it, and ended up paying 14 days of late fees... I was playing it that whole time haha... It was worth every penny!

Never got around to playin Suikoden II though, but I heard it was a lot like the first, and that's hella good! I'm sure Suikoden III will be killer :D

Dre
05-27-2002, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by dougi3000
geezus, this game is awesome. Havent you played Suikoden 1 and 2???

it is an console type RPG with some stratagy battles like Advance Wars.

Where have you guys been? Are you new to RPGs or Games? Suikden 2 was a great game.

Not everyone bought a PoS1 :)

Gaboche
05-27-2002, 08:07 AM
Suikoden 2 was my favorite ps1 rpg :D . I was kinda sad when I saw that Suikoden 3 would be only on ps2. Now I see this and I cant believe it. So I'm thinking that its just a typo or something. *But wishing its not*