PDA

View Full Version : just got hunter and new s controller

greggp666
05-26-2002, 11:38 PM
well i must say hunter rocks looks like it has a lot of replay to it and to top it off i got the last dvd promo at EB yesterday.i thought you only got it with the preorder,anyway.the s controller is a must have i like the one that came with the xbox but the s is so sweet.
two must haves i say .:p

ScorpionX
05-27-2002, 12:09 AM
I also just got the S controller and I love it. The triggers feel a lot more comfortable and I like how they moved the buttons around. As for Hunter I am planning on buying it this week.

VeNoMiZA
05-27-2002, 12:20 AM
i just got hunter too but i need a controller s type :(

greggp666
05-27-2002, 12:23 AM
buy the s type i say buy buy buy!!!!!!its so sweet.to bad it didnt come with thexbox when i got it.oh well.

VeNoMiZA
05-27-2002, 12:25 AM
hehe see if i gwt it tomorrow

RadRider
05-27-2002, 12:29 AM
Since I can't find the other thread about the Controller S, I'll ask here again.
How is the placement of the back, start, white and black buttons? Is it a hassle to reach them? It sure looks like it.

On the PS2 and GameCube controllers, I wrap my hands fairly tightly around the handles, and so my fingers rub on the back of the controller face. Does this happen with the Controller S? The default Xbox controller is the only controller that hasn't done this to me.

greggp666
05-27-2002, 12:32 AM
everything is great.the b&w and back and start buttons are set deeper into the controller so they dont stick out very nice.when you go to get one you will see what im talking about.

RadRider
05-27-2002, 12:34 AM
I probably won't go to get one, I'm just kind of interested. If the buttons are set deeper into the face, aren't they harder to hit? Wouldn't that make a game like Halo, which actually uses all the buttons, a lot harder to play because you have to concentrate on actually hitting the buttons?

greggp666
05-27-2002, 12:37 AM
i dont think it would be any harder to hit . i have small hands so the old controller was harder for me to hit the buttons. for me this is just right.

ScorpionX
05-27-2002, 12:44 AM
I like the postion of the black and white buttons but don't like where the start and back buttons are. To reach them you have to take your hand off the left thumbstick and it is a pain. I still recommend this controller highly though.

RadRider
05-27-2002, 12:45 AM
pffft. Thanks for answering my questions. :D
So far I haven't heard a single reason why I'd think this controller is better than the default. I think I know which controller I'll buy next time, again.

greggp666
05-27-2002, 12:50 AM
pfft... you asked we told you if you have small hands and dont like the placement of the default controller the s is the way to go.the only other way to see if you like it is to buy it and if you dont like it bring it back and get the default one.i wount get any other controller other then a MS one it built very well.well im sorry but i did try my best to help.

RadRider
05-27-2002, 12:53 AM
You did help. I asked questions, you answered. There's nothing I see that's wrong. The "pffft" is just something I use to describe my reaction to something that's "supposed" to impress me, that's all.
So far, everyone who's used my Xbox and the default controllers has said they're the most comfortable and functional controllers they've used. They all have regular sized hands too. Me, I've got pretty big hands, so it'd make no sense to get a small controller, and seeing how people who've come over with smaller hands than me; seeing how they like the default controller a lot anyway, I'll just buy another default controller the next time I get a controller.

greggp666
05-27-2002, 12:59 AM
oh ok thats cool yeah i got small hands and the s is just right for me. but if you have big hands its not worth it .but i would really give it a try you never know .i like the a,b,x,y buttons better then the default one.and the two trigers(sp? its late) feel better to me anyway.

Highlite23
05-27-2002, 09:15 AM
Hey Rad,
Thats basically the major difference. I love the original, it's comfortable and 7 months in i'm used to the button placement.

I do own a S controller, my wife plays also, but she has smaller hands. The S controller is perfect for her.

I think alot of times you have to realize the range of "Age" in the forums. Younger gamers have smaller hands, not ment as an offense.

Best advice...If you have a Game Stop in your area buy one there, hang on to the reciept, and if you don't like it you can return it for full credit within 7 days. That should give you plenty of time to try different game types and get a feel for it.

GOOD LUCK!

Marc
05-27-2002, 10:23 AM
RadRider, in my humble opinion, the S controller is the best controller ever designed on any system. The button placement and grip are wha sell me on this. I think a controller is a personal thing, so I would highly recommend doing what highlite advised. Buy an S controller, keep the receipt, and try it out. If you don't love it, return it for the original model.

RadRider
05-27-2002, 10:27 AM
Alright, sounds reasonable. I doubt I'll like it as much as the original Xbox controller, but I suppose it can't hurt to try it. I'll just pick one of them up next time I buy a controller I guess. Futureshop has an excellent product return policy.

greggp666
05-27-2002, 02:49 PM
I think alot of times you have to realize the range of "Age" in the forums. Younger gamers have smaller hands, not ment as an offense.

im 26 but i still have small hands.and no offense is taken you do have a good point.