PDA

View Full Version : Should I sell my Cube...

iLLnEliTe
05-26-2002, 11:42 PM
Should I sell my Gamecube for an Xbox or should I wait til one of these good-for-nothing employers actually calls me back so I can afford an Xbox without having to sell my Cube. Theres alot of games coming out on Xbox that I want but theres also a lot of games on my Cube that I'm interested in, any suggestions?

borka105
05-26-2002, 11:49 PM
all the good games that are coming on the cube will be on the xbox. Everything that comes out on the xbox has better graphics longer gameplay, and more features. Why? Because the xbox has a better graphic card, a harddrive, more ram, and a faster proccessor. Plus some games that come out on the xbox aren't possible on any other system. For example the new game that everyone is raving about hunter the reckoning?

The xbox is the only system to have.......I can't believe you even bought a gamecube. I am not a fanboy but the facts don't lie xbox is simply a better system because of how it's made........ It has more features and that makes their games better because it can do more.

-Borka105

iLLnEliTe
05-26-2002, 11:53 PM
last time I checked Mario, Metroid, Eternal Darkness, Zelda, Resident Evil 0, Star Fox Adventures weren't coming out on Xbox.

borka105
05-26-2002, 11:57 PM
almost all of those games are old ideas being re-done. I want new thing, hell this is the 21 century. Mario, my god this is like the 100 hundreth mario game.

XBOX has cutting edge new games- Brute Force, Project Ego, Blinx, Panjor Gragoon, Hunter the reckoning, Halo, Doa3, RSC......and about 60 ther new games that made their debute this E3.

-Borka105

iLLnEliTe
05-27-2002, 12:01 AM
those franchises are being brought back for a reason, they're classics and had revolutionary gameplay

Piccolo_DBz
05-27-2002, 12:18 AM
Dude don't sell it. You'll regret it, just try and save up for the xbox. I have a cube and an xbox and I love them both to death :p

JohnB
05-27-2002, 12:23 AM
Keep the cube. I have an Xbox and PS2 but I am looking to buy a Cube maybe. I have to say though that the Xbox games coming out will surpass the Cube in all aspects, but nevertheless, the Cube has got some games I want that aren't gonna be on Xbox.

RadRider
05-27-2002, 12:32 AM
last time I checked Mario, Metroid, Eternal Darkness, Zelda, Resident Evil 0, Star Fox Adventures weren't coming out on Xbox.

those franchises are being brought back for a reason, they're classics and had revolutionary gameplay
Sounds to me like you've made up your mind already. Personally, I'd sell the cube for the same reasons borka gave.

VenoM
05-27-2002, 12:43 AM
dont sell the cube bro!!!....save up for the xbox....that way you can have xbox and gamecube...best systems to have now adays....dont listen to borka bro...keep the cube..its gonna have lots of great titles...its nintendo...cant go wrong with there games...best first party company..and damn...RE is just too sweeeeeet :p

BORNGD
05-27-2002, 12:57 AM
i suggest save your money and get a xbox...keep the cube, the RE series is enough reason to have them

Kortiz
05-27-2002, 01:01 AM
ok, you have a GC, but want an Xbox as well.....you like both GC and Xbox......well you have one, just wait for the other. Xbox games are still going to be there and right now, you still have GC, so enjoy taht for awhile and then when you can afford it, get the xbox.

dont listen to anyone else trying to bash the GC, i used to but i realized that these are games and the GC does have potential.

keep your GC, or....sell it then get xbox and then get gc again because it will be 150 soon or now.....eitherway the more the better so def do whatever you can get keep your GC and get an Xbox at the same time.

just my 2cents

Marc
05-27-2002, 03:07 AM
If you can find someone stupid enough to buy it, then by all means, sell it. Take the money and run.

Knight
05-27-2002, 07:05 AM
Sell it!!

borka105
05-27-2002, 08:53 AM
I am confused I htought he said he would have to sell it if he wanted to buy an xbox. if you have an option to keep it and also by an xbox, then do that. Otherwise sell it. To your last reply about those maio, re , starfox games being classic. All the new games that I list it will have things that all those games had , but with newer technogloy, better gameplay longer graphics. To make a great game, you learn from previous great games. Thus that's why I am very excited about all the new never before seen games coming to the xbox because they all will be new and groundbreaking. If you want the classic stuff, sell your gamecube by an n64- for 30 bucks and games for10 and their you go, or buy a gameboy advance for $50-60. The new, exciting, ground breaking games right now are being developed for the xbox. Sure gamecube will get a few.....but the ones that the xbox will get, they won't be possible on other consoles..

-Borka105

Highlite23
05-27-2002, 09:21 AM
I gotta agree with Rad,

You asked, and then got deffensive, in an XBOX forum???

Choose........it's up to you. Personally i would save and keep it.

I have both, admitedlly i barelly play my cube, my son does mostly, but there are some games that make me happy to have a GC in the house.

Alien
05-27-2002, 09:35 AM
Sell it!
That way, you get your Xbox faster...and more money for more games and equipment.

robnyack
05-27-2002, 09:43 AM
we are an xbox household since it's debut last Nov. Last week, in a moment of weakness, we...........gulp........<font size=2>bought a Gamecube</font size=2>.

I've always wanted Rouge Leader, and since Attack of the Clones came out, I've been in a major Star Wars mode, so we snapped.

Let me just say, after a week of playing the cube (Rouge Leader and Resident Evil), I still consider ourselves an "xbox household". After playing the xbox for so long and then playing on the gamecube......oh my, there is no comparission. Xbox truly rules.

Rouge Leader is pretty fun, looks pretty nice (very nice in some spots), but, it has that cheesy synth-game music!!! Can you beleive that??? In this day and age to hear the Star Wars theme played in that cheesy synth-game music format is just laughable! Makes you thin the game is as old as the characters it keeps flashing on your face (original Star Wars Characters....which, btw, make the game seem so dated)

I turn off my gamecube, and then plug in my xbox, and put in WSB, and immedietely the music blast out in full 5.1 sound engulfing the entire room. From cheesy synth-game music to REAL 5.1 sound music. That in itself tells you which system has the true power and which one is ready for the future of gaming.

As far as getting anyother gamecube games? Well, for those of you who ***** about the size of the xbox library, try taking a look at the gamecube library. UGH!! Nothing...nada....zilch. Seriously, there is not another game out that we want for the gamecube. Not one. Resident Evil and Rouge Leader. That's it! Those are the only 2 gamecube games that we are interested in. The few others that are out there....kiddie crap, or just crap.

Xbox, I promise never to ***** about you again. You are the future of all gaming. God bless the xbox, and may god have mercy on the souls of those who are unable to see how much better the xbox is compared to the competition.

Don't beleive me fellow xbox owner? Bored with your xbox? Keep browsing the gamecube website and thinking how cool it would be to have one? Go ahead, go buy one today....I DARE YA! You will come back to these boards in a few days read this post and think "I should have listened to this dork, he was right!")

robnyack
05-27-2002, 09:45 AM
by the way, speaking of Star Wars. I went back and pulled out my Obi Wan game, and I'll be damned if I haven't discovered a good new game! This game is fun!

If only I dusted off Obi Wan BEFORE we bought the Cube. Would have saved $300!!

Marc
05-27-2002, 10:13 AM
I don't really have anything against the gamecube. Iget it when people say to "enjoy all consoles." I'm cool with all that, BUT I cannot afford to "enjoy all consoles". I can afford ONE consoleand my choice, because I believe it is the best, is the xbox. I wouldn't mind having all three, but no way can I justify that for the money, epecially since I would be playing the xbox the most because it is a better console.

TEA
05-27-2002, 11:54 AM
After WMX8 releases ,if I don't like I'm taking my Cube back for more Xbox stuff.PS2 and Xbox will do just fine for me no room for GC if it can't make new games and just collect dust.My 2 Cents.I bought the N64 4 one reason and one reason only WWF No Mercy.That was the only game I owned and the only game I played to death.B/C I preferred PS & PS2 for ports and N64 games didn't seem to interest me.Glad my B-day comes right around Christmas(Got Xbox 4 Bday and GC for Christmas!!!:) )

CoMATOSE
05-27-2002, 12:03 PM
keep it and save up for xbox......although nothing could posess me to get one at the mo, u seem eager for mario and co.........

Hugh_Jass
05-27-2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by iLLnEliTe
Should I sell my Gamecube for an Xbox or should I wait til one of these good-for-nothing employers actually calls me back so I can afford an Xbox without having to sell my Cube. Theres alot of games coming out on Xbox that I want but theres also a lot of games on my Cube that I'm interested in, any suggestions?

I'll give you $75 for it.

l Maximus l
05-27-2002, 01:47 PM
Personally, I would sell the GameCube. The XBox is going to have far more and far better games than the GameCube and you'll find yourself not even playing it due to the fact that you most of your time will be spent playing on your XBox. Now, this is just my opinion...you may be a fan of Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Donkey Kong and the gang. Personally, those characters are just memories but to many others they are more alive than ever.

With games like Brute Force, Unreal Championship, Strident, Duality, and the massive amount of brilliant games coming out between now and this Christmas, I have no idea how I, personally, could justify also trying to keep up with games for the GameCube. The XBox will have over 200 games out by the time this Holiday Season comes! By contrast, Sony has only 150 games out after a year and a half!

I strongly recommend getting ready now before you're faced with the scenario of too many awesome games and too little time :D

noodleboy
05-28-2002, 09:40 AM
I just got a GC this weekend, and it is pretty smooth. Of course I got Resident Evil, that is basically the reason + the price drop that I got one. The way I feel about it, is that both systems have exclusives and now I can get the games I want without missing out on some. Now when a game comes to all the systems, obviously I am going to get the Xbox version. With the capabilities of the Xbox, how could you opt for the same game on another system. I have seen so many posts that start out " I can't wait for..", because they have nothing to play right now due to the fact that nothing good has come out. This way I have a better chance at getting to play something good all the time while not having to wait. Resident Evil right now, and today I am gonna get WSB for the Xbox.

And as far as online play, i am not even going to bother with the GC's on line version, it's all about X-box Online!!!