PDA

View Full Version : Which of these games is best?

Marc
05-27-2002, 10:27 AM
I've wanted a baseball game for a while. I was gonna buy Triple Play, but the manager at gamestop advised me to wait for World Series Baseball. I'm thinking of renting those two, as well as NFL 2K2, to see which is better. I want to rent the Sega NFL game to see how it compares to Madden, especially since EA is being so rude about xbox live. Anyone got any opinions about NFL 2K2 vs Madden 2002 or World Series Baseball vs Triple Play?

robnyack
05-27-2002, 10:49 AM
Marc, as far as baseball games......no question, WSB is a far far better game than Triple Play. Triple Play is just an awful game. WSB is also much better than All Star Baseball 2003. ASB2003 is pretty much a bore.

Triple Play is just a homerun fest. Has very little to do with a real game of baseball. And for all the talk about the graphics...I think they sucked. Players with big giant heads.

AllStar baseball 2003 just was too flat. No excitement whatsoever.

So, World Series baseball for the xbox is the best baseball game for a game console. Having said that, there are some flaws in this game. It is not by any stretch, a perfect baseball game. It's a serious baseball sim, which is exactly what I like, has some excellent graphics, which is also what I like. But, there are flaws. For a more throrough review, check out the New Releases forum and the Sports game forum.

A flawed game, but still better than anything else out there.

AS far as football. I like Madden. I am a big Madden fan. I did not play Sega's NFL2k2. Alot of people really like this franchise, but I was never big on the earlier version of the game.

In my view, it's Fever or Madden. But, again, there are alot of people who Like NFL2k2 as much as any of them.

Dre
05-27-2002, 10:52 AM
Hey Marc,

Just a suggestion, but if you plan on getting Xbox live, wait for the 2k3 and fever 2003 titles to come out and compare those. If you have a cheap price on those titles and absolutely want to buy them now, I'd go with 2k2.

silvertrace
05-27-2002, 10:56 AM
i've heard nothing but good reviews for WSB, so thats an easy choice for a baseball game, but the football choice is a toss-up....:eek:
what i mean is some people prefer certain styles of sports games, personally i prefer madden, but the recent news of EA supporting Sony's online venture has left me with NFL Fever for online play........:rolleyes:

Marc
05-27-2002, 12:05 PM
Wow, World Series Baseball sounds like a lock. I'm gonna rent it today to make sure, though. I am gonna rent NFL 2K2 too. I have Madden, but I want to get a feel for the Sega gameplay. If Madden isn't online with xbox live, I'll be buying the Sega Sports games.

PSYCH0 GUY
05-28-2002, 05:39 PM
well i haven't played world series baseball yet but i played triple play. it was about the worst game i have ever played...

if u buy that i think i would be forced to slap u :D

XxeGoxX
05-28-2002, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Dre
Hey Marc,

Just a suggestion, but if you plan on getting Xbox live, wait for the 2k3 and fever 2003 titles to come out and compare those. If you have a cheap price on those titles and absolutely want to buy them now, I'd go with 2k2.

I agree

Kortiz
05-28-2002, 10:26 PM
sega rocks, remember that. EA doesnt like Xbox so screw em.

I have heard nothing but bad things about baseball games.....i personally liked baseball back on NES.

FlyBoy
05-28-2002, 10:41 PM
I don't play baseball games, but I like 2K2 better than Madden (and I used to be a hardcore Madden fan).:D