PDA

View Full Version : faulty Hunter CD or Xbox's fault... U Decide

beef747
05-27-2002, 09:56 PM
Hello, First off I would like to start with saying Hunter is a great game, and definately on the same level as Halo... My only problem is the limitations on player movement in multiplayer and the camera at points. Other then that its my favorite game right now.

Now the problem I am having...:mad:

I put my Hunter cd in and everything started fine, loaded up and everything. Selected my character and started the game. The initial cutescene's sounds were off by an interval of 5 seconds and the game would stutter then the Xbox Setup loaded and said invalid media type....so I reset my system and it all loaded fine again until the train sequence when the same thing happened again...same problems...reset again and finally I can play however all the cutscenes sounds are off bye like 3-5 seconds...

I made it all the way to the teddy bear wear upon defeating him the game froze and I continued to turn off my system... The problem exists only in the cutscenes from what I have noticed also a couple second load times before a cutscene

All my other games seem to work fine. So I am curious as wether it's the game or my system acting up again...(wouldn't be the first time)

Any one notice hunter's cd bottom is regular and not gold, and does that have effect anything at all?:confused:

Thanks in advance. :)

Marc
05-27-2002, 10:04 PM
I get an error message that says, "Unknown media type." I'm takin it back to exchange it tomorrow...

Duke
05-27-2002, 10:05 PM
Occasionally the audio is off from what the words say during the cut scenes for me.

Actually, it only happened my first time through the game (judge) and not once during my second (Defender).

I've seen another post on this. Might as well take it back and exchange it just in case. The game, not the box.

Fixxer
05-27-2002, 10:16 PM
I've got you beat... heh... I was 80% through the game and went to save when it had trouble reading the cd and came up with "not enough room to save" :eek: and then dumped me back to the dashboard with "invaild media type" :( I started it up again and went to load my save game and it wouldn't load it anymore :mad: it ****ed my savegame :(

beef747
05-27-2002, 10:20 PM
It sounds like it, that sucks

Hugh_Jass
05-28-2002, 12:23 AM
I experienced some audio synching problems during the cut scenes, too. It doesn't seem to affect the in-game audio. I guess I can live with it.

faceoff508
05-28-2002, 02:23 PM
It only happned to me once!!

Ninja Scroll
05-28-2002, 02:27 PM
D@mn, and I thought it was only my copy with issues.
I too have had the soundtrack go out on me for a good 5-7 seconds.
When I saved a couple times the Xbox system menu same up saying "wrong media type" or something like that.

It has not been doing it for the last couple hours I put in, but I think it's alright now.
Anymore issues and ebgames.com is getting a phone call-Ninja Style!:cool:

Woocifer
05-28-2002, 03:14 PM
The only problems I've had with Hunter is with the audio synching...it sucks and I wish they would figure this crap out before releasing the game, but my game runs perfectly fine...albeit damn ass hard with 4 players...

Spaztic
05-28-2002, 03:19 PM
have not had the invalid media error yet, but did notice the voice syncing issue during the cutscenes! Still bearable!

RadRider
05-28-2002, 03:33 PM
Sounds like Interplay released a buggy disc. Since I returned my first Xbox for a new one (within the first week of launch), I've only ever had one problem: Halo said "Disc is dirty or blah blah blah", the same thing everyone's seen, and I'm pretty sure it was because I was trying to connect to a crappy Gamespy game (by the way, XBConnect still doesn't work for me). Other than that, not a single error. Oh yeah.

OEM Alien
05-28-2002, 05:58 PM
heh, that's messed up. you'd think for $50.00 you would get a game that actually works! pfft! i got hunter today used for $24.99 and man, am i glad i'm not preordering my xbox games, because by the way everyone always b!tches about these games sucking after they preordered them (hunter, wwf raw, morrowind... didn't even show up, ufc, bloodwake, nightcaster etc...) it sounds like it never pans out.
btw - the camera angles SUCK! they should have made this game 3rd person like blood omen 2 was done. THAT WOULD HAVE KICKED ASS! i'll give it a 8.1 out of 10 so far. it's an "ok" game. :) it gets prety fun when there's a horde of zombies everyhere, but when there's not a bazillion off them on the screen it's rather boring. oh well, time to wait for the next overhyped p.o.s. game. :confused:

wweomaniac
05-28-2002, 06:20 PM
whoa this disc is glitchy. wait for the xbox live patches... i heard they would deliver patches for xbox games when live comes out. still... they should do a hella lot more testing before they launch. its not like they hafta do testing on tonnes of different computers... just the xbox and all xboxs are the same.

OEM Alien
05-28-2002, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
whoa this disc is glitchy. wait for the xbox live patches... i heard they would deliver patches for xbox games when live comes out. still... they should do a hella lot more testing before they launch. its not like they hafta do testing on tonnes of different computers... just the xbox and all xboxs are the same. it's a good thing there going to have patches! but DAMN! there are so many games that have a few mino glitches that straight ruin the game entirely... ssx tricky (framrates), hunter (camera angles, vids skipping), madden / ea sports series done entirely in "big head mode", nfl2k3 (keyshawn johnson wears a jets jersy, ahman green wears a seahawks jersey etc...), nightcaster camera angles, spiderman camera angles. do these people een play there own games?? i mean spiderman would have been perfect if they fixed the freaky camers, same with hunter, same with nightcaster, same with... well, just insert xbox game name <here>. :eek:

Fixxer
05-28-2002, 09:59 PM
They aren't aloud to have patches. There will be enhancements for download, but bugfix type patches will not be available.

XxeGoxX
05-28-2002, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Fixxer
I've got you beat... heh... I was 80% through the game and went to save when it had trouble reading the cd and came up with "not enough room to save" :eek: and then dumped me back to the dashboard with "invaild media type" :( I started it up again and went to load my save game and it wouldn't load it anymore :mad: it ****ed my savegame :(
dang thats goto suck hard

Frostberg
05-28-2002, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Fixxer
They aren't aloud to have patches. There will be enhancements for download, but bugfix type patches will not be available.
Yeah, and it should be that way. If some company rushed a CD, than what about the pwople who dont have Xbox Live? You cant rush these things, like you do PC games...get it out there in a wide release to figure out the big bugs and release a quick patch. If there are bugs on the final disc of an Xbox game, it wont be a hit thats for sure! 50% of everyone would not buy it just because it is buggy. I myself now am worried about Hunter...I cant believe it has such a problem that seemingly went unfixed. It probably wouldn't of took too long to fix those errors also...