PDA

View Full Version : Hunter "SPOILER" Thead

Ninja Scroll
05-28-2002, 08:54 AM
Well after staying up over the weekend until my eyes where bleeding I completed Hunter, and if it has told me one things it this.
Their is actually a worse ending to a game other than RE: CODE Veronica & Soul Reaver. I never thought it could be, but this is it.

I was like WTF? We spent all those hours of gameplay for a 10 second BS ending?:confused: Who else feels flamed like me?

Those the game is very addictive it's not very deep. AS I have read somewhere, this game is just a zombie version of Gauntlet.

Dont get me wrong, I love the game, but it's kinda like Crazy Taxi. You love it to death now, but a week from now it will be collecting mad crazy dust.
The good thing about it though is you can invite other friends over and play through it with them which is adding a little bit of reply value.
I used "Wyatt" (Avenger) cause he is a monster! As much as I love "Samantha Alexander" he is not as strong as dude it.
Anyways, what ya'll think about the game?:)

UnitedKingdom
05-28-2002, 08:58 AM
I felt the same with medal of honour:allied assault. This is most likely because they had a deadline too meet and decided to cut down on some of the storyline/movies.

I would comment on the game but it hasn't been released over here yet. So i've just got to drool on your comments and wait a few weeks.

Dre
05-28-2002, 09:48 AM
Well.. I haven't finished this game yet so I didn't even read the posts :) However, I figure that ppl reading this will most likely have finished the game.. so.. could you pease take a look at this thread???

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14365

Thanks!!

JJaX
05-28-2002, 09:53 AM
I havent completed it yet becasue i keep having to start a new 3-4 player game for different people that come over. Ive gotten as far as the level after the sewers.

Duke
05-28-2002, 10:01 AM
Van posted something about the Defender ending being the one to watch. I'm just past Arkady with her so I'll probably find out today.

First time through I played with the Judge, and yeah the ending blew.

I like the game, but I'll probably put it up for trade in the other forum sometime next week. I don't really see myself playing it for too long and want to trade soon while there are still plenty of people who don't have it.

Spaztic
05-28-2002, 10:09 AM
Yo Ninja, I am at the hostipal, how much further do I have to go until I get to the end of the game?

Ninja Scroll
05-28-2002, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Shaggy
Yo Ninja, I am at the hostipal, how much further do I have to go until I get to the end of the game?

Your very close, but their is a mission in the hospital you will have to complete is a limited amount of time!
You will have to save 5 innocent hoes in 6 minutes!!!!!:eek:

Ninja Scroll
05-28-2002, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
I havent completed it yet becasue i keep having to start a new 3-4 player game for different people that come over. Ive gotten as far as the level after the sewers.

You dont have to keep on starting over jjax! Anyone can jump into a game already in play at any time!:cool:

Ninja Scroll
05-28-2002, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn
Van posted something about the Defender ending being the one to watch. I'm just past Arkady with her so I'll probably find out today.

First time through I played with the Judge, and yeah the ending blew.

I like the game, but I'll probably put it up for trade in the other forum sometime next week. I don't really see myself playing it for too long and want to trade soon while there are still plenty of people who don't have it.

I feel ya on the trade thing, though I wont trade mine, it does seem to be short of the reply side of things.
Jsut invite some homies over and that will add some reply to your hunting. That's what im gonna do.
The game is awesome, though simplistic and easy. Just hack & slash!:cool:

And im not aware of different endings?
As a matter of fact, where da hell are the new costumes I have been hearing about if you beat the game? Cause I released the "Nightmare mode" & the "alternate mode" (whatever dat is?) and no new costumes when we used the characters again!:o

D@Mn, I wish I brought my final scores. I will post mine tomorrow. I had like over 3,500 kills, 74 rescues and some other junk.:D
And as for Vans thread this is a spoiler, his is not.:)

JJaX
05-28-2002, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

I feel ya on the trade thing, though I wont trade mine, it does seem to be short of the reply side of things.
Jsut invite some homies over and that will add some reply to your hunting. That's what im gonna do.
The game is awesome, though simplistic and easy. Just hack & slash!:cool:

And im not aware of different endings?
As a matter of fact, where da hell are the new costumes I have been hearing about if you beat the game? Cause I released the "Nightmare mode" & the "alternate mode" (whatever dat is?) and no new costumes when we used the characters again!:o

D@Mn, I wish I brought my final scores. I will post mine tomorrow. I had like over 3,500 kills, 74 rescues and some other junk.:D
And as for Vans thread this is a spoiler, his is not.:)

I think you need to rescue a certain amount of innocents to get the 'better' ending and open up 'alternate hunter mode'

Ninja Scroll
05-28-2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by JJaX

I think you need to rescue a certain amount of innocents to get the 'better' ending and open up 'alternate hunter mode'

YO Jjax, you only need to save a mear 50 innocent sucka's, I got 74! Who scream at you like sissies just for saving their un-appreciative asses!:rolleyes:

P.S. Game is easy as hell!:D

RudedogX
05-28-2002, 11:03 AM
Thanks! This is one game I won't be losing sleep over not getting then. Oh well, still waiting for Morrowind and Outlaw Golf now!

batman46st
05-28-2002, 11:30 AM
wats the deal ninja scrolll loooooooong time no speak hey brotha!
anyways my two cents is i havnt beaten the game and i could tell that the ending will suck but i have fun playingit with my cousin so its alright! umm do u have any codes for this nothing like skiping levels just like unlimited amo!!!!!

lata dudes

Ninja Scroll
05-28-2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX
Thanks! This is one game I won't be losing sleep over not getting then. Oh well, still waiting for Morrowind and Outlaw Golf now!

Wha, wha, wha, wait a sec, I never said the game sucked or anything rudedogX!
I just said it will get tiring after awhile, and unless you have friends who love videogames (which most of mine dont :o ) they their is really no reply value.
That doesnt mean it's not worth your hard earned $50.00!
:)

Ninja Scroll
05-28-2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by batman46st
wats the deal ninja scrolll loooooooong time no speak hey brotha!
anyways my two cents is i havnt beaten the game and i could tell that the ending will suck but i have fun playingit with my cousin so its alright! umm do u have any codes for this nothing like skiping levels just like unlimited amo!!!!!

lata dudes

Wat up batman46st!:)

I guess it has been long time no see when your ass is M.I.A around here!:D

Anyways, I dont know of any codes myself, but honestly you wont really need any if you play smart.
I ended up with over 10 lifes left after I beat the game.:cool:

RudedogX
05-28-2002, 01:03 PM

Wha, wha, wha, wait a sec, I never said the game sucked or anything rudedogX!
I just said it will get tiring after awhile, and unless you have friends who love videogames (which most of mine dont :o ) they their is really no reply value.
That doesnt mean it's not worth your hard earned $50.00!

Well, Either way, I'll be busy for a while after I get the Blood Omen 2 from XBA! So I'll just wait till I tire of those games to decide if I want to get this or not. By then, it'll definetly be cheaper anyway!:D

DIGITAL
05-28-2002, 01:08 PM
i dont know what your talking about ,this game will never be collecting dust at my house!an isnt onimusha your favorite game,thats funny cause thats the only game collecting dust at my house!

Spaztic
05-28-2002, 01:27 PM
So....I might have missed something but what is the spoiler on this thread? Fighting the carpenter as the last boss was kind of a given?

Ninja Scroll
05-28-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by DIGITAL
i dont know what your talking about ,this game will never be collecting dust at my house!an isnt onimusha your favorite game,thats funny cause thats the only game collecting dust at my house!

Hell naw Genma Onimusha is not my favorite game!:rolleyes:
Though Capcom should pay me for plugging da hell out of it here at XBA!:D
I like Genma, but it is nowhere near my favorite on Xbox.
Try Halo, ... and... well.. I guys it's not that far now that I think about all the lame Xbox games I own!:D

Ninja Scroll
05-28-2002, 01:36 PM
So....I might have missed something but what is the spoiler on this thread? Fighting the carpenter as the last boss was kind of a given?

You didnt miss anything Shaggy, just in case something was said about the story line I posted it as spoiler thread.

Then again, it's not much of a story to the game!:rolleyes:
Hack 'n' slash baby!

gula
05-28-2002, 01:48 PM
Does anyone know the Hunter button combinations? (Codes)

Spaztic
05-28-2002, 01:52 PM

You didnt miss anything Shaggy, just in case something was said about the story line I posted it as spoiler thread.

Then again, it's not much of a story to the game!:rolleyes:
Hack 'n' slash baby!

thats what I thought! Hey I am at the hospital! How much further do I have to go until the end of the game?

Ninja Scroll
05-28-2002, 02:13 PM

thats what I thought! Hey I am at the hospital! How much further do I have to go until the end of the game?

I swore I just answered that question on page 1!!:confused:

Anyways your very close to the end of the game. But you will have to do a time limit task which is save 5 innocents in 6 minutes.
Dont bother shooting those zombies and other monsters. Just go in every room and theirs one in the center of the main room.
After that you will have to take the elevator is the room on the far right hand of the hospital.

Hope that's helpful.,:)

Spaztic
05-28-2002, 02:19 PM
my bad, I didn't see it! Thanks for the info!

faceoff508
05-28-2002, 02:19 PM
If you go to the review section about Hunter, you can see that someone who did not play the game Gave hunter a 1, and for his comments all he had was questions marks. Is this allowed here at XBA...

Ninja Scroll
05-28-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508
If you go to the review section about Hunter, you can see that someone who did not play the game Gave hunter a 1, and for his comments all he had was questions marks. Is this allowed here at XBA...

Are you serious? Why does that not surpise me.:rolleyes:
That's why I never read reader reviews.
It's either the game sucks or is super dooper cool. Lame lines with little to no depth.:(

faceoff508
05-28-2002, 02:25 PM
I think its a fanboy or something, check it out yourself.

Ninja Scroll
05-28-2002, 02:39 PM
I think its a fanboy or something, check it out yourself.

I just did, and WTF!!:eek: Im sorry, but I lost some respect for our very own VAN, he said "Hunter is better than Halo"

ROTFLMAO!!!:D Pleeeeeeeeease tell me that was a joke someone!...OOOohhh god, I have a tear in my eye!:o

faceoff508
05-28-2002, 02:45 PM

I just did, and WTF!!:eek: Im sorry, but I lost some respect for our very own VAN, he said "Hunter is better than Halo"

ROTFLMAO!!!:D Pleeeeeeeeease tell me that was a joke someone!...OOOohhh god, I have a tear in my eye!:o

Some people have diffrent tastes. If he thinks that, than that is what he thinks.

Spaztic
05-28-2002, 02:47 PM
I think hunter is better then halo as well! At least that is how I will feel until I get online with halo!

Ninja Scroll
05-28-2002, 02:57 PM

Some people have diffrent tastes. If he thinks that, than that is what he thinks.

Your right about that, but no matter what anyone says I think anyone who thinks Hunter is better than Halo is smokin something wrong!:D

Just my opinion, as everyone is intitled to theirs.:)

MACK ATTACK
05-29-2002, 12:57 AM
Hey, can anyone help me with the last boss. I shot out the boards on the window and drew him back over into the sunlight but nothing happened. Is this right? Or am i doing that wrong? Thanks!

Ninja Scroll
05-29-2002, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by MACK ATTACK
Hey, can anyone help me with the last boss. I shot out the boards on the window and drew him back over into the sunlight but nothing happened. Is this right? Or am i doing that wrong? Thanks!

First off welcome to the XBA forums Mack Attack!:)

Hey, you doing the right thing. First to spray his candy ass with all the weapons you got (from long distance) and when he does to the warp hole to get his energy back you go to the window and access your "basic" hand weapon (got any guns) and you hit it up combo style! If you want to do it quicker just call on your special forces (if your using the Avenger) to speed up the proccess.
And just do this over and over until dat big b@stard it defeated!
Hope this helps ya, it took me a couple tries before I realized I needed my basic weapon to open the window.:)

BlindSniper
05-29-2002, 09:39 AM
Man this game is so hard.. I think I am really far behind cause I hear there is like 7 bosses. I am only at the part where there is the rave and all of the dumb ass kids chase you down. I get by that part with some buddies but at leats 2 of us dies.....there goes 2 lives we save 2 more innocents....there back. But then I go into the room where you find the key to open the cafetaria, meat town place. Only to find like 50 guys who take like 4 powerful shotgun shots to kill and yet again I die there. Im wondering if there is any codes at all and if I should just play 1 player at this part. I think I will try 1 player but i think it is harder cause you dont have someone to back you up. Oh well get back to me with some ideas and well how far am I lol probably like 1/20 done the game *GaSp*. Also who should i use i have the most exp with defender and avenger but i jus hate judje I'm gonna have to do a save right next to the last boss then do it over with multiple guys hehe. But yeah thanks for your time.

Ninja Scroll
05-29-2002, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by munch man
Man this game is so hard.. I think I am really far behind cause I hear there is like 7 bosses. I am only at the part where there is the rave and all of the dumb ass kids chase you down. I get by that part with some buddies but at leats 2 of us dies.....there goes 2 lives we save 2 more innocents....there back. But then I go into the room where you find the key to open the cafetaria, meat town place. Only to find like 50 guys who take like 4 powerful shotgun shots to kill and yet again I die there. Im wondering if there is any codes at all and if I should just play 1 player at this part. I think I will try 1 player but i think it is harder cause you dont have someone to back you up. Oh well get back to me with some ideas and well how far am I lol probably like 1/20 done the game *GaSp*. Also who should i use i have the most exp with defender and avenger but i jus hate judje I'm gonna have to do a save right next to the last boss then do it over with multiple guys hehe. But yeah thanks for your time.

For some reason I seem to be the only person who finds this game to be too easy!:eek:
YO much man, who are you using bro? As much has I "Samantha Alexander" it took too long to kills fools so I just used "Wyatt's" the Avenger dude.
He's a monster yo! He is sooo powerful I breezed through the game. I dont know what to tell you, just play smart. You dont have to hack'n'slash everthing. Sometimes it's just best to shoot with your basic guns from far away and dodge everthing the yshoot at you if they are carrying weapons.:)

MACK ATTACK
05-29-2002, 03:26 PM
Dude, it worked! I appreciate the tips. That window really was the key. I don't think i was shooting it enough times before. This time i blasted the hell out of it and when he came over the sun hit him. Game over. The ending BLEW though, pretty crappy. I'll tell you though, this game has some of the COOLEST bosses i have ever seen. Hey, thanks again for the tips. I owe ya one.

Ninja Scroll
05-30-2002, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by MACK ATTACK
Dude, it worked! I appreciate the tips. That window really was the key. I don't think i was shooting it enough times before. This time i blasted the hell out of it and when he came over the sun hit him. Game over. The ending BLEW though, pretty crappy. I'll tell you though, this game has some of the COOLEST bosses i have ever seen. Hey, thanks again for the tips. I owe ya one.

No problem Mack attack!:) Always willing to help a fellow XBA comrade when needed.
Yeah dat ending was da worse ever! Ever worse than Soul Reaver's and RE: CODE Veronica. Those ending were awful, but Hunter takes da cake by far.

BlindSniper
06-01-2002, 02:46 PM
WOW thanks ninja scroll and mack attack, I actually agree ninja this game is really easy. I just beat the *** dude that lives in the morgue with the fu*ked up arm. Thats where I am but from ninja helping mackattack out i looked wut he said and glory be i had to do the same thing rescue 5 *** insecents o time.....Guess wut i did it forst try and smacked the boss down uhhh im pumped for the next bad boy BRING IT ON!!!!!!

Ninja Scroll
06-04-2002, 12:04 PM
No prob munchman, so where are you at now in the game? And who are you using? If your using Avenger: Wyatt then you will beat this game with your eyes closed.
My next go around will be with da ultra hottie Samantha Alexander.:p

BlindSniper
06-04-2002, 06:05 PM
I am at carpenter i kik his arse im using samantha alexander aka defender because of the power to heal. But I always beat carpenter then arkady beats me...no savepoints it sux but i can do it after a bit cause im doing it just with a friend how is duece

Ninja Scroll
06-05-2002, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by munch man
I am at carpenter i kik his arse im using samantha alexander aka defender because of the power to heal. But I always beat carpenter then arkady beats me...no savepoints it sux but i can do it after a bit cause im doing it just with a friend how is duece

If your having difficulty beating Carpenter just use the Defender: Wyatt's. And combo is candy ass up with dudes Axe!

BlindSniper
06-05-2002, 10:12 AM
nonono i beat up the carpenter real good I use all guns even the ones i start with :O i know it sounds stupid but he cant touch me it takes a while to do so but after 15 minutes or so his health goes down quite a bit with just the original gun....then i pump his ass full of shotgun, machine gun and of coarse falmethrower boom hes dead it took 20 minutes I have no health and the stupid chair is gone by 9 nukes and about 20 shots :) but then i go on through deathrow where my health goes down a tiny bit me and my friend which is avenger and i defender take on arkady, we have 8 lives i think but we get him down real good he has low health then he dles his big skull throwing attack which is basically a nuke........were too afraid of dying to take him on to combat so we jus shoot but he kills us we will try again and this time we know wut to do

Ninja Scroll
06-05-2002, 01:52 PM
LOL, I see... dude, all you gotta do it blow up the chair first and then it wont take soooo long to kill dude.
Plus it will save you and your homie several lives.:)

btw,..hehehe, doesnt he look funny as hell chasing you all over the place! lol, like a little ass troll running in circles!:D

Chaotic
08-28-2002, 07:48 AM
LOL, I see... dude, all you gotta do it blow up the chair first and then it wont take soooo long to kill dude.
Plus it will save you and your homie several lives.:)

btw,..hehehe, doesnt he look funny as hell chasing you all over the place! lol, like a little ass troll running in circles!:D

I know this thread is old , but anways i just finished the level with the dudes arm that talks and rescued the 5 innocents.

How much farther do i have to go?