PDA

View Full Version : Will this be the next Mario/Sonic??

faceoff508
05-28-2002, 02:53 PM
Dont let the kiddy image fool you, I am looking foroward to this game. The game I am talking about is Blinx, it looks very promsing. The main chatacter is Blinx who is a cat.

Who thinks this going to be the next Mario or Sonic??

LynxFX
05-28-2002, 02:59 PM
I do, and I don't think it will give the Xbox a 'kiddy' image, but it may give it a 'kitty' image. :)

Ninja Scroll
05-28-2002, 02:59 PM
Where da pic?:confused:

Spaztic
05-28-2002, 03:03 PM
Wheres the pic, and lynxfx that was cheesy as hell!

Alien
05-28-2002, 03:03 PM
Yeah, it looks ok. Maybe for renting over a weekend or something, but probably not something I'll buy for myself.

LynxFX
05-28-2002, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Shaggy
Wheres the pic, and lynxfx that was cheesy as hell!

Yeah yeah, I know. :) :confused:

RadRider
05-28-2002, 03:31 PM
I think the game presents a very cool gameplay idea. Unfortunately, I am a graphics buff, and the graphics haven't impressed me much at all. I know they do look good, but the overall impact of the level design, character design, animations and all, just didn't impress me.

CoMATOSE
05-28-2002, 03:38 PM
hope not.....the ideas cool and i'll proberly get it but blink is'nt the coolest looking character i've ever seen

besides mascots r for kiddie consoles and only spawn endless sequals and spin-offs that offer nothing new.......not that i'm pointing fingers at anyone

mamma me'a *hint hint* !!

Slacker
05-28-2002, 03:41 PM
I think this game will bring a whole new spectrum to the XBox and Gaming itself, I like the the fact you can fast forward ,rewind,and all sorts of cool features with this game I will rent it, and if its really fun I will buy it, but as far as the Next Mario or Sonic , I dunno , possibly , we won't know until there is Blinx spaghetti O's and Blinx Cereal ,

faceoff508
05-28-2002, 03:42 PM
Blinx: The Time Sweeper is a fast-paced action game featuring a cool, clever new character in wild, warped worlds. The ability to control the flow of time provides a totally new gaming experience only possible on Xbox. Blinx is a cat on a mission to fix glitches in time. With the aid of his trusty and powerful Time Sweeper, the TS1000, Blinx recovers lost time crystals and fights Time Monsters in his attempt to rescue a kidnapped princess and return order to the world.

Clever, Cool Cat: At the Time Factory, where time is manufactured and managed, Blinx has worked as Time Sweeper and janitor for years. His daily tasks include collecting lost time crystals before they cause glitches in time. When Blinx hears that a princess has been taken hostage by a family of thugs who plan to steal all of the time crystals and abuse their powers, he decides to take matters into his own paws. Join Blinx on an adventure to find the missing princess, save the Time Factory and restore "timely" world order.
Time Control: Actually control the flow of time, a feature only possible on Xbox. Record actions, play them back and have dual characters cooperate to complete challenges. Throw the world into slow motion while moving about in real-time, fast-forward to achieve goals more quickly, or even rewind the world to gain additional opportunities at completing challenges, opening hidden areas and more.
Totally Twisted Worlds: Glitches in time impact the various worlds that Blinx visits. Night and day occur simultaneously, buildings are warped to the point of falling over – things are definitely not as they appear. Visit nearly 40 fantastical levels in "warped-reality" worlds inspired by Venice, canyons, caves, ancient ruins, even an MC Escher-inspired "fourth dimension."
The Time Sweeper: What would Blinx do without his Time Sweeper? The most important piece of equipment for the job, the TS1000 stores time crystals, picks up trash, and can even be used in sticky situations by using the powerful suction to climb vines and ropes or grab ceilings and walls. Throw the TS 1000 in reverse for enough blowing power to blast items at enemies.
Upgradeable Weapons and Abilities: Need extra power to move larger obstacles? Blinx sweeps up trash from the streets to supplement his meager income from the Time Factory. Use the additional wages at the Shop to buy cooler gear and power-ups which enhance gameplay performance, or to purchase souped-up versions of the Time Sweeper (like the TS2000, TS3000, TS-FIRE).

http://www.xbox.com/cms/images/games/blinx/sim-blinx-0001.jpg
http://www.xbox.com/cms/images/games/blinx/sim-blinx-0002.jpg
http://www.xbox.com/cms/images/games/blinx/sim-blinx-0003.jpg
http://www.xbox.com/cms/images/games/blinx/sim-blinx-0005.jpg
http://www.xbox.com/cms/images/games/blinx/sim-blinx-0006.jpg
http://www.xbox.com/cms/images/games/blinx/sim-blinx-0007.jpg
http://www.xbox.com/cms/images/games/blinx/sim-blinx-0008.jpg

Spaztic
05-28-2002, 04:06 PM
No!

Shorezy
05-28-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
I do, and I don't think it will give the Xbox a 'kiddy' image, but it may give it a 'kitty' image. :)

HAHAHA that's grand. I totally agree.

OEM Alien
05-28-2002, 07:12 PM
blinx looks like one of those sucka$s spyro the dragon type games. platformers are hit in tha mouth!
i can't even imgine wanting to play "blinx". especially not after playing rtcw... hell, everything seems 2nd class after playing that game.

Veno
05-28-2002, 07:24 PM
Dude, OEM, I like rtcw, and I own it. But no offense the game isn't that great, the singleplayer's just boring with those idiotic mutations with the electricity that fling themselves at you. And the multiplayer is incredibly repetitive. Sure I play it every once in awhile for a few laughs but geezus, stop worshipping ID.

JADE8704
05-28-2002, 09:31 PM
man, i can't wait for this game...i didn't get to see it at e3, but i did see the footage from gamespot...you've got to see it in motion to believe it...this is going to be a sure hit...the first game ever to introduce the 4th dimension of gaming.

all of you might think Blinx is 'kiddy'....im betting by the time this game comes out, everyone will take a second look because this game has the potential for game of the year, IMO

Hugh_Jass
05-28-2002, 09:37 PM
I think Blinx will be far more sophisticated than Mario or Sonic. However, it will be wrapped in a slick package that hides the complexity.

I predict Blinx will really make waves once people get a chance to play it.

Frostberg
05-28-2002, 10:50 PM
Blinx will be good just because everyone enjoys a playformer, especially a platformer with something special. What is more special that time. I think it was Ed Fries that said Blinx will be the first 4D game...I think Eddy is the man! He knows his games, and seeing the E3 video makes you really just want to play it for jolly good fun. It isnt the fun of stragety in Halo, but it looks to be fun...although I guess you cant really die, time will just rewind...I'll have to investigate that later...but the coolest thing I think so far is the record mode. You can enable record mode, kill some monsters or whatever, then rewind back and play and you will be playing yourself in real time, and your recorded self will also play, killing whatevermonsters you ,killed when you recorded it...this seems sweet because you have power to do 2 different things at once, or have the strength of 2...there are probably more stragetic uses for this as well...

JohnB
05-28-2002, 11:46 PM
Yeah man I saw a movie that showed the record feature and it just looked awesome! It actually looked like a VCR when it started rewinded back. It looked soooo slick. This is my #1 most wanted game if anyone doesn't know by now. And like I said in the E3 thread, Ed Fries says the game he is most excited about is Blinx. You just know this game has potential for game of the year.

X-Ray
05-29-2002, 12:21 AM
I think its a good concept, but what's with he cat?

l Maximus l
05-29-2002, 02:10 AM
Is Blinx XBox exclusive?

This game kind of reminds me of a game that I had on the Sega Saturn...I can't remember the name of it off-hand, but, for some reason, it almost seems that it was also named Blinx. It's late tonight so I may be pretty tired at the moment and may be confused as hell...but, obviously, this new game looks to be very promising for the XBox. And, it's definately a Sonic/Mario game for sure...no doubt about it. Though, like Hugh Jass said, it does look like it's taken to the next level :)

OEM Alien
05-29-2002, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by Frostberg
Blinx will be good just because everyone enjoys a playformer, especially a platformer with something special. What is more special that time. I think it was Ed Fries that said Blinx will be the first 4D game...I think Eddy is the man! He knows his games, and seeing the E3 video makes you really just want to play it for jolly good fun. It isnt the fun of stragety in Halo, but it looks to be fun...although I guess you cant really die, time will just rewind...I'll have to investigate that later...but the coolest thing I think so far is the record mode. You can enable record mode, kill some monsters or whatever, then rewind back and play and you will be playing yourself in real time, and your recorded self will also play, killing whatevermonsters you ,killed when you recorded it...this seems sweet because you have power to do 2 different things at once, or have the strength of 2...there are probably more stragetic uses for this as well... "Blinx will be good just because everyone enjoys a playformer, especially a platformer with something special." ... since when?!!?! lol! platformers are THE WORST GAMES MADE PERIOD! there's a million and 1 platformer games and they either all suck or are all aimed at kids in grade school, platformers are THE WORST GENRE in all video games!
the only good platformer i have ever played is ape escpe on psone, but its always the same thing... you lways have to adjust the camera angle and it gets annoying as hell. munch was ok to, but it got boring real quick.

OEM Alien
05-29-2002, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by Veno
Dude, OEM, I like rtcw, and I own it. But no offense the game isn't that great, the singleplayer's just boring with those idiotic mutations with the electricity that fling themselves at you. And the multiplayer is incredibly repetitive. Sure I play it every once in awhile for a few laughs but geezus, stop worshipping ID. dude, GET OFF MY NUTZ ALREADY! everyother time i post something when you are on here you follow me to that post and just for some reason disagree on purpous with almost everything i say. as for rtcw NOT being one of the best games ever, try and tell that to all the people that bought it, as it is one of the best sellers of the year, is game of the year, and well, if you disagre then you are clearly in the minority like around 3 million rtcw players to 1.
so stop swingin from mah nutz pahleeze!
and get a clue while you're at it.
:D

JohnB
05-29-2002, 10:01 AM
Ok, OEM Alien. I shall bow down to you. You are correct. All platformers suck :rolleyes:

WTF is wrong with this guy... :rolleyes:

LynxFX
05-29-2002, 11:34 AM
RTCW is an ok game but not game of the year. I just finished playing it recently as well as Medal of Honor the weeks before. There are aspects of both that I like, and dislike. They both were good games but neither was great and I absolutely love FPSers. They were worth playing through once though.

Multiplayer, I prefered MOH:AA but there were so few maps. I didn't like RTCW's multiplayer that much.

Whether you like platformers or not this game should sell quite well.

Innotech
05-29-2002, 07:30 PM
Ironic that you XBOxers hate the game, yet I as a GCN owner consider Blinx to be a breath of extremely fresh air for XBOX (as in finally an AWESOME game for XBOX that interests me!) I am wondering if it could even be done on other platforms. I doubt it, except for maybe PC, because you need a HD to store the first recorded version of the game, as you play the 2nd "layer" in real time...that takes serious hardware to do, and XBOX is indeed equipped for this. GREAT GAME IDEA! It will never be as big as Mario or Zelda, nbut in terms of qality, this game is definitely a contender for Game of the Year. I like it so much better than Halo from what I played of it, and I havent EVEN PLAYED Blinx :) Just goes to show that XBOX is finally getting the goods. Damn, so its GT3, Klonoa2 on PS2; SSBM, Mario Sunshine, Celda, Starfox Adventures, Starfox classic, Metroid Prime, Pikmin, and SMB on GCN; and now Tork, Sega GT, Ralli Sport, and Blinx on XBOX! Finally FINALLY FINALLY! Now the question.....where can I find 400 bucks lying around :eek: