PDA

View Full Version : Good news for everyone thats sick of the same old oxm demos

DIGITAL
05-28-2002, 04:59 PM
all those old demos on the oxm disc are all from last years e3,an they keep putting them on the disc,well now that this years e3 is over hopefully they start putting the new demos on the disc,so in the next couple of months we should be getting some new demos an movies of games we never seen!:D

Kooster
05-28-2002, 05:04 PM
I thought the July one was good. I'd like to play games that arent out yet on my OXM disks. I wonder if theyll ever do this.

SkoalMint
05-28-2002, 05:08 PM
Cool. Has anyone heard of any that may be coming???

Hugh_Jass
05-28-2002, 09:24 PM
By the time the game is in a state that would be suitable for a demo the developers are usually too busy working on production code and deadlines.

In other words, preview demos are not a high priority compared to shipping a game.

Non-playable demos are more likely.

MixMasta
05-28-2002, 09:26 PM
i agree the july disc had the most recent demos yet!

xtreme
05-29-2002, 11:02 AM
july demo disc is one of the better ones

but i still say they could do alot better

i sure was hoping to get better demos when i sign on for a whole years writh of mag and demo

so far i havent been the happy about the demo disc

but the magazine make up for it
for now anyways.

Duke
05-29-2002, 11:10 AM
This was my 3rd issue of OXM.

So far it has been my favorite as far as the demos are concerned.

I guess I can understand the complaints for the repeat demos, and hopefully they'll fix that. But as far as demos for games that are already out, I don't mind so much because our video stores here still don't have things like spiderman and motogp as well as others.

Helps me figure out if I should take a look at a game I might have previously decided not to get.

l Maximus l
05-29-2002, 11:20 AM
I am a recent subscriber and I have only received one magazine to date...and, personally, I am not sure what the complaints are all about. I find that the demo discs are a great idea and eventhough I played all the way through games that I already have and saw and played games that I didn't play, I was all around impressed with what I saw. To me, the disc is just a nice plus to an already great magazine :)

Ninja Scroll
05-29-2002, 11:39 AM
I dont even look forward to the Demo disc anymore.
I mean whats the purpose of having a demo disc if it's for 3-6 month old games I already own or played before?

OXM is just too d@mn lazy to deliver us gamers da goods.
That better be dar-gone rootin tooten glidy glad their magazine is high quality cause their demo disc have sucked for months!

Brevity
05-29-2002, 01:43 PM
#1) I think it should have games that R going to come out,,,that way by the time they get to the store you'll know if you like the game.
#2) Put something on a few of them that you cant get anywhere else, like well I dont know. The DOA thing was nice though, give us more of that,,,Halo add-on whould make the mag. Golden.
#3) I do like the new Halo stuff, some we had done some we have not,,,so we try. More of that would be cool.
#4) They know peps R playing online w/Halo and others make the disc able to be put in the pc and have downloads of Xbconnect and Gamespy for those that might not know about them or R stupid.
Just some thoughts

yall
05-29-2002, 01:54 PM
man, some of you whine alot. i'm with max on this one. this months demo disc was great. baseball, crash, motogp, SPIDERMAN! i don't own any of these game, and even though ive rented spidey, this was a great disc. i find that my freinds enjoy the demo discs when they come over. since they dont have xboxs they never get to see any of these games. they leave my place more inclined to get an xbox and part of that is due to the demo disc. (everyone LOVED ralisport)