PDA

View Full Version : MotoGp only gets a 7.9? Please tell me it's a typo

Shiz_96
05-28-2002, 10:23 PM
Anyone else here read Official Xbox Magazine? How the hell can they justify giving this game a 7.9? I can't believe this. I've never seen anything like this from them. Did someone at THQ p!ss them off? Compared to the other reviews, this seems like a low blow.
Previous reviews from OXM:
Wreckless 9.1
Project Gotham 9.0
F1 2001 8.7
Rallisport 8.6
Nascar Heat 8.2
Spy Hunter 8.1
Burnout(crappy PS2 port game) 8.0

The only 2 games on that list that even come close to the experience of MotoGp are Rallisport and Project Gotham. How could the editors let something like this happen? Gamers look to these guys for insight. Where they playing the same game as us or what?
Electronic Gaming Monthly on the other hand got it right, they gave MotoGp EGM Silver Award scoring it 9.0, 8.5, 8.5 by 3 reviewers.

I don't know maybe there was a typing error or something. Nothing else can explain this. I mean the review wasn't even bad, they complained mostly about the lack of realism in the crashes and the "whimpy bike sounds". They had no real issues with the game otherwise. Somebody blew it (Rob Smolka) and I just hope that people try this game and let it speak for itself instead of using that offensively low score from OXM as their guide.

Bakeman
05-29-2002, 12:17 PM
Geez, it's May 29th and I still don't have mine!

It may come today.. but geeez!

I usually don't need it because I get all the updates on here :) hehehe

I don't know about those scores man, I haven't tried the game yet, but I do know they gave those other games pretty high scores

Tkf5000
05-29-2002, 05:42 PM
Yea you should have it today, i do. And its may 29. I didnt really get to play much of motogp because i stopped to eat dinner. Then i just read the magazine and decided to play later.

Bakeman
05-29-2002, 06:34 PM
BAH!

The mail came today, and no mag! grrrr

Woocifer
05-29-2002, 06:53 PM
ummmm 7.9 isn't horrible eh.... in fact it's pretty good...I think they were givin out too high of scores anyway. Any score that is close to 8.0 should be a very respectable game. Anything above 9.0 should be a game that you will never trade in for a new game kinda idea...but people throw around 9's and 10's like they are dirty underwear...

CHANGE FER GADDDS SAKES!!!!

Bakeman
05-29-2002, 09:37 PM
ewww throwing around dirty underwear...

that has to be unsanitary hehehe

iddybiddy
05-30-2002, 01:24 AM
i can not put this games down i have gotham and rallysport this in my opinion is as good as rallysport better than gotham.
i have played this for about 10 hours and its just getting better and better 7.9 not true

GRAVEDIGGER
06-02-2002, 09:49 PM
Well sadly its not a typo..they handed it to Moto GP, the game is a friggin fun game from what i've seen and heard, i havent picked it up yet, because they are all sold out!! But i'll try again tomr.

Untill next time...:mad:

stang46
06-03-2002, 01:51 PM
Yes this game definetly deserves better than a 7.9. One aspect that already makes me enjoy this game more than Rallisport challange is the online races, plus the fact you can build up your bike how you want to. I have been playing this game non-stop since i got it Friday online, If you are into racing games whatsoever this is a MUST BUY GAME. There is no doubt about it.

Woocifer
06-03-2002, 04:55 PM
Do you find the bike models, the graphics and themes on them and the people in the game to be poorly modeled? I think it's a great go at a crotch rocket game, but I still think it is lacking a little bit in control and graphics.

Not that they are good...rather they need to be polished. Boobies might be good, but if they don't grow properly on a female body...then its kinda gross...they're just pieces of goo...

NOOTCH